The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Tusk Doma Despawning During Combat; For No Apparent Reason

typwnagain

Look, if you are going to make this a Nightwave requirement you need to change some things about these enemy encounters. Cause as it stands now its a total joke.

1) Make them spawn faster, and more readily. I shouldn't have to hunt for ten minutes for one to appear on the plains

2) If you are going to create a weak point on a boss that needs to be shot at, make this boss periodically drop ammo as you shoot it so I'm not wasting pizzas or having to leave to find an ammo dispenser. If I leave the enemy will despawn and my progress is completely undone.

3) The Doma should not be falling underneath the map during combat, and then coming back to the surface periodically. Once it surfaces on the ground it needs to stay there. This aspect of the fight is completely ridiculous.

4) Last but not least, you need to do something about it de spawning. If I have to fight everything I come across as this thing moves around the map, it shouldn't de spawn the moment I take my eyes off of it, especially once I've invested the time to take out three kneecaps already. I have to engage other targets in the air and on the ground around it. I shouldn't be penalized for this being part of whats necessary to get the job done.

Just wasted about a half hour of my life I won't ever get back because of this nonsense, and because of it I straight up closed warframe and will shelve it for the entire weekend over this.

I'm gonna go play something else, where my time invested will actually yield a beneficial outcome. This game is a decade old, do something about this already.

A large portion of your game's audience is adults who have limited free time, they work all week and may only have a couple days of free time to play. A wasted half hour to them is catastrophic.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, typwnagain said:

Look, if you are going to make this a Nightwave requirement you need to change some things about these enemy encounters. Cause as it stands now its a total joke.

1) Make them spawn faster, and more readily. I shouldn't have to hunt for ten minutes for one to appear on the plains

2) If you are going to create a weak point on a boss that needs to be shot at, make this boss periodically drop ammo as you shoot it so I'm not wasting pizzas or having to leave to find an ammo dispenser. If I leave the enemy will despawn and my progress is completely undone.

3) The Doma should not be falling underneath the map during combat, and then coming back to the surface periodically. Once it surfaces on the ground it needs to stay there. This aspect of the fight is completely ridiculous.

4) Last but not least, you need to do something about it de spawning. If I have to fight everything I come across as this thing moves around the map, it shouldn't de spawn the moment I take my eyes off of it, especially once I've invested the time to take out three kneecaps already. I have to engage other targets in the air and on the ground around it. I shouldn't be penalized for this being part of whats necessary to get the job done.

Just wasted about a half hour of my life I won't ever get back because of this nonsense, and because of it I straight up closed warframe and will shelve it for the entire weekend over this.

I'm gonna go play something else, where my time invested will actually yield a beneficial outcome. This game is a decade old, do something about this already.

A large portion of your game's audience is adults who have limited free time, they work all week and may only have a couple days of free time to play. A wasted half hour to them is catastrophic.

Wow, have you noticed that there is an actual normal star chart you can do tusk thumper doma in? You dont have to do it in Steel Path, it doesnt give you any bonus points for nightwave. And if you spend 30 mins killing doma on normal star chart then your build sucks badly, or maybe youre using a completely wrong weapon altogether. The fight never takes more than 2 mins normally. Lastly, thumpers are only active during the day so youre risking despawn and other complications if you start the fight just barely before nightfall.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Maybe they despawn when it turns night? Didn't happen to me when I did the challenge, but I had about an hour of time till night.

in this instance, that was not the case, it wasn't a day to night shift that caused it to vanish on me

I simply was distracted by an aerial unit, the one that drops bombs on you, think its an ogma? and after melting in in a few seconds, I turn around to find the doma gone

Edited by typwnagain

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Wow, have you noticed that there is an actual normal star chart you can do tusk thumper doma in? You dont have to do it in Steel Path, it doesnt give you any bonus points for nightwave. And if you spend 30 mins killing doma on normal star chart then your build sucks badly, or maybe youre using a completely wrong weapon altogether. The fight never takes more than 2 mins normally. Lastly, thumpers are only active during the day so youre risking despawn and other complications if you start the fight just barely before nightfall.

1) already stated day/night cycle wasn't the cause

2) stated the doma kept going under the map, where its not possible to attack it, no manner of "building" or "gitting guud" can help in this scenario

3) if you need to make a build with a cheese specifically to eliminate a specific boss because the mechanics are so bad for it, perhaps you are just huffing serious amounts of copium to cover for poor design on the dev's behalf bucko

fifteen hundred forum posts? bro go outside and touch grass, nobody is looking to debate this topic with you

Edited by typwnagain

1 hour ago, typwnagain said:

1) already stated day/night cycle wasn't the cause

2) stated the doma kept going under the map, where its not possible to attack it, no manner of "building" or "gitting guud" can help in this scenario

3) if you need to make a build with a cheese specifically to eliminate a specific boss because the mechanics are so bad for it, perhaps you are just huffing serious amounts of copium to cover for poor design on the dev's behalf bucko

fifteen hundred forum posts? bro go outside and touch grass, nobody is looking to debate this topic with you

Bro makes a random whiny forum thread and when someone responds he goes "omg no, dont you dare challenge my thoughts". Git gud and/or shut up. Unless you bug out or something, thumpers never take 30 minutes (the fight itself). Now you can either learn how to beat this boss (which by the way is trivial and requires almost no skills or grind on top of what you already grind for other things) or you can keep crying all over the forums, your choice.

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Bro makes a random whiny forum thread and when someone responds he goes "omg no, dont you dare challenge my thoughts". Git gud and/or shut up. Unless you bug out or something, thumpers never take 30 minutes (the fight itself). Now you can either learn how to beat this boss (which by the way is trivial and requires almost no skills or grind on top of what you already grind for other things) or you can keep crying all over the forums, your choice.

so why you still here? this is for the devs.

seems like a pot and kettle situation if you really feel that way, what are you supposed to be,

some dude whining at a guy you feel is whining? lmao

again, you pushing nearly 2k posts in the forums and its plain to see what you spend all day doing.

I rinsed, came back in with gloom, and silly slapped the doma with melee attacks the second go round. its done kid. thats besides the point.

its broken and needs to be addressed. if you can't fix the problem, and aren't going to contribute beneficial advice, kick rocks?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

you do realize with a few mouse clicks I can see all your posts and all  your activity right?

including ALL the posts YOU'VE been whining on lmao, holy moly kid go outside

how many times has your account been flagged? should someone start going through and doing that on each post you've picked a fight with someone in?

Edited by typwnagain

4 hours ago, typwnagain said:

shouldn't have to do this at all, same with day trader

agreed it's just not a fun challenge

something i thought of earlier that might help is a short bounty where one thumper of each type spawns immediately and you get like 1k rep for doing it plus the thumper's drops

13 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

9 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

They never said they were doing it in steel path. And these things are horrendous bullet sponges if you don't know exactly how to deal with them. The best guns I've found to use against them still take 3-4 clips to take out one leg and that's if I land every shot. Could I look up a guide? Sure, but that's boring.

And thumpers despawning randomly has been a known bug ever since they were added to the game. It happens pretty commonly when they do their high jump. It puts them out of your line of sight and far enough away from you that the game can decide it doesn't need to exist anymore. I've seen them blip out of existence while I'm looking right at them too tho.

Bug reports on this go back years. It's hardly a random whiny post. This should have been fixed ages ago. All that needs to be done is make thumpers be considered essential like quest entities. And have them dig themselves into the ground and despawn if they don't get agro or take damage for a full minute, or get 100 meters away from the player. So the player's not constantly hounded by thumpers they don't want to deal with throughout bounties.

What makes this extra annoying is the devs seems to have tagged Dargyns as essential like this because they never leave you the hell alone. So it's very clear they can make it so stuff doesn't despawn like this.

As a side note I personally think it's stupid you can't encounter them at night also. Just make Eidolans delete them if they get within a certain range so they're not obnoxious during hunts.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

They never said they were doing it in steel path. And these things are horrendous bullet sponges if you don't know exactly how to deal with them. The best guns I've found to use against them still take 3-4 clips to take out one leg and that's if I land every shot. Could I look up a guide? Sure, but that's boring.

And thumpers despawning randomly has been a known bug ever since they were added to the game. It happens pretty commonly when they do their high jump. It puts them out of your line of sight and far enough away from you that the game can decide it doesn't need to exist anymore. I've seen them blip out of existence while I'm looking right at them too tho.

Bug reports on this go back years. It's hardly a random whiny post. This should have been fixed ages ago. All that needs to be done is make thumpers be considered essential like quest entities. And have them dig themselves into the ground and despawn if they don't get agro or take damage for a full minute, or get 100 meters away from the player. So the player's not constantly hounded by thumpers they don't want to deal with throughout bounties.

What makes this extra annoying is the devs seems to have tagged Dargyns as essential like this because they never leave you the hell alone. So it's very clear they can make it so stuff doesn't despawn like this.

As a side note I personally think it's stupid you can't encounter them at night also. Just make Eidolans delete them if they get within a certain range so they're not obnoxious during hunts.

I assumed they were doing it in SP because thats the only reason it could take that long with good loadout and I know many people who think doma only spawns in steel path bounties. In any case, there is nothing easier than just grabbing a rubico you use for eidolons or literally any archgun or necramech, especially voidrig, which again, you already have cause you need it to progress the game. Its not rocket science. Besides, its a boss so you definitely should not do it on your own. As to what I find stupid is that we have to look for them (which requires info, squad and time), we should be able to trigger them manually somehow. And of course bugs are bugs and need to be fixed but it has nothing to do with game design as bugs are the literal opposite of what the devs wanted to happen.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

14 hours ago, typwnagain said:

you do realize with a few mouse clicks I can see all your posts and all  your activity right?

Oh no, Im so scared, Mr. secret agent discovered how forums work and now hes gonna intimidate me by looking at my posts! Jesus christ, I know people get desperate when they have no arguments but youre getting ridiculous.

Seriously, go get proper gear and tactics and then come back to the forums and ask for improvements if you still feel the thing is broken. Until then its just whining. You know that nightwave challenges are actual CHALLENGES, meant to CHALLENGE you (aka not easy auto win)? Maybe consider this before trying to win a challenge you are completely unprepared for.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

On 2024-09-14 at 10:45 PM, typwnagain said:

including ALL the posts YOU'VE been whining on lmao, holy moly kid go outside

how many times has your account been flagged? should someone start going through and doing that on each post you've picked a fight with someone in?

Sure you can see all the 1.6k posts the guy has made, you gonna go through all of that? DE ain't. 

You want to flag ppl whose opinion is reasonable but different from yours? You are gonna try impose disciplinary action on someone who hasn't been aggressive towards anyone? If your argument was solid then why resort to this kind of defense? Is the game too hard for you? Do you to be told how exactly you should do something? He is trying to help you and you attack him, very grateful.