The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Why not just let every incarnon charge from body shots?

Not only is the Torid one of the strongest incarnons, it is literally the easiest to charge requiring only body shots. Ever since killed enemies can't be used to charge incarnons by headshots for that half a second after killing them, using incarnons on non-steelpath levels that require headshot charging is beyond inconvenient and I'm not even talking about those that need 20+ headshots (where usually one headshot kills the enemy). It is slightly mitigated on steel path missions, however, couple enemies may still not be enough to fully charge for some incarnons like the Strun.

So, why not just let every incarnon be able to charge from body shots? Then not only will it be more fun (and don't even bring up "brainless" argument, Torid is literally most brainless and easy to use incarnon while also being one of the most powerful ones), but it will also bring the notorious Torid some competition at least in terms of convenience.

• Like 1

Angstrum also charges on body shots. Its because they fire slow projectiles. It's weird miter doesn't charge on body shots. That thing is rly annoying to charge. Strun isn't too bad. It fires so wide you can't miss the head but there's plenty frustrating ones, i agree. Though im only going by steel path. Incarnons are just so unnecessary in normal star chart. I'll just ignore even thinking of incarnons for normal mode. 

But yeah, Torid could use some balance tweaks.

• Like 1

There is a simple fix, they need to charge on *all* weakspot hits - as some enemies don't have heads, and multishot needs to count for charges even if the target dies from a single pellet.

These are things DE kinda has to do to make using Incarnon weapons fun, but the problem is that DE doesn't *want* them to be fun. They want them to be clunky and inconvenient. Multishot on killing shots was nerfed intentionally after all.

• Like 2