Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

New modding UI on console changed "Apply Fusion", which was a mandatory input, to "Use Legendary Core"

I acknowledge that I could have spent a bit more time looking over the new UI before upgrading anything but I never would have expected the button that was previously a mandatory press to apply fusion would be changed to "use the rarest resource in the entire game" instead. I was just going off on muscle memory and accidentally used a legendary core on the bronze beast stance mod. I forgot if it was either L3 or R3 that the core was mapped to but it was fine where it was. Excluding L1, R1, square, X, and circle, there's 9 other inputs that it could have been mapped to other than square.

Please ignore the platform mixing. Finding the old UI was proving troublesome but X on Xbox = square on PlayStation

New UI:

DBT5HNo.png

Old UI:

IYgHBac.png

Edited by (PSN)Texas_Twurk_Team
Extra info
  • Like 1

God, I'm glad I was paying attention, because that almost screwed me over (still got all my 6).

But yeah, that was a MAJOR slip. Hoping they reimburse everyone that lost one to this, because "yesterday the same button didn't expend my rare item" isn't something trivial. Stuff like this should have been playtested by people who actually play on controllers. No way a playtester used to controller wasn't going to say "Hey, Square/X used to be used to confirm fusion, and now it spends one of the most rare items in the game... that doesn't sound like a good idea".

Also, we definitely need a confirm prompt for using cores, specially if they are going to get their own button shortcut.

EDIT: Ok, now there is a confirmation prompt with 37.0.1. But the reimbursement needs to be done via ticket for those who lost one, and the old "Fuse" button is still the "Apply Legendary Core". Hope that change comes later, and not that alone was the solution. Having to move the virtual cursor to fuse and losing the easy button prompt to fuse is still a bit of a pain.

Edited by R4dioS1lence
37.0.1 Hotfix
  • Like 1