Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Uncommon conservation target spawns inconsistent with pheromones [Investigating]

Until the issue is fixed, some (if not all) of the uncommon animals can be found openly roaming the open world. For example, after trying and failing to get Delicate Pobbers, Black-Banded Bolarola, Vallis Kubrodon and Rogue Condroc I started running around the map and found them all free-roaming. They only one I was attempting to find but couldn't was the Fuming Dax Stover but that could have been because the spawn rate for the Stover in general is already very low.

Same here. I've found one Black Banded so far; but it was out in the wild. Testing it now but they may only spawn during the warm cycle as well. Hope this helps.

Edited by Toushiro150

I've been trying to fill out a Floof collection since late 2022 and haven't seen *any* of the mid tier spawns on the Orb Vallis, ever. I can only assume that their places in the spawn tables got replaced by the lowest tier at some point and no one on the dev team noticed

• Like 2

I'm 8 hours in and no uncommon animals using lures and phermons. Had been waiting for this for months but the first day has been completely wasted and ruined with this preventable bug bc it's been happening for years. Fix asap or let us use the hundreds of common and rare tags we already farmed. Just change the requirements from 1/3 to 2/6. There, problem solved.

Edited by (XBOX)xikos8613

8 hours ago, Rathalio said:

I'm getting crazy over black banded bolarola, fuming dax stover and delicate pobber which are all uncommon species so... I guess you are not alone.

it's easier to find black banded bolarole and delicate pobbers walking around through spawns, than it is trying to use the lure for them

Bumping with the same issue, there are threads elsewhere with people posting numbers of dozens of brindle and incarnine kubrodon with zero vallis kubrodon.  Hours of play, using pheromones, no tier-2 rarity creatures from conservation tasks.  

The one exception appears to be the random roaming creatures, which will sometimes be tier-2, and possibly vermink spawning as intended.  This has also been my experience; the only successful hunt I've had was for a red-crested vermink.  

So far I've only been doing Orb Vallis, so I'm also unsure if Deimos or the Plains suffers the same issue.  But odds of it being a quirk of RNG seem slim at this point; something under the hood is not working as intended.  

• Like 1

Just wanted to add my experience since I farmed all the floofs just a few days before the update.

I can confirm that before the update pheromones were working exactly as described on the wiki, i.e. it would mostly spawn tier 3 animals with occasional tier 2 animals and no tier 1 animals.
now after the update it spaws mostly tier 3 with occasional tier 1 and no tier 2, so it definitely seems to be something with the update that caused this.

made the launch really dissapointing as the thing I was looking forward to the most was building my pets which I now can't do since I can't buy most of the new mods.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheBestAsbestos said:

Bumping with the same issue, there are threads elsewhere with people posting numbers of dozens of brindle and incarnine kubrodon with zero vallis kubrodon.  Hours of play, using pheromones, no tier-2 rarity creatures from conservation tasks.  

The one exception appears to be the random roaming creatures, which will sometimes be tier-2, and possibly vermink spawning as intended.  This has also been my experience; the only successful hunt I've had was for a red-crested vermink.  

So far I've only been doing Orb Vallis, so I'm also unsure if Deimos or the Plains suffers the same issue.  But odds of it being a quirk of RNG seem slim at this point; something under the hood is not working as intended.  

Updating, appears to be the same on Deimos.  10/10 pheromones yielded the rare Avichaea variant.

I've been trying to farm the mergoo and bolarola tags for hours, using echo lure without the feromons always spawn common ones, with the feromons always spawn rare ones. It seems that best way to even encounter them is to just fly around and hope for random spawns, but mergoos just don't spawn, all I hear spawning are vultures and rat thingies, and when they do spawn, most of the times it's the common ones.

It takes minutes to farm common and rare tags, why should farming JUST ONE set of uncommon tags take hours upon hours of farm??? I'm at a point of just giving up.

Edited by D06pblH9l
  • Like 1

Since the update dropped I've only had time to try Deimos conservation but I have definitely been having issues regarding spawn rates of "uncommon" variants during dedicated conservation tasks.

With lure and no pheromone: only common variant

With lure and pheromone: only rare variant

After 18 common Avichea tags and 15 Viscid Avichea tags with not a Sporule in sight (during Vome, the cycle they are supposed to be found in) I gave up on tagging them to spend more time retrying the tasks to no avail

I really hope that they ramp up the uncommon animals appearance rate. But I kinda doubt it because there are only a few threads complaining about this problem and it might not reach the devs.

• Like 1

Locking game content to tags is a bad idea. Tags are RNG with no obvious fixed probabilities (to the player); there is no practical way to target farm them. Even with tracking and pheromones, the number of locations of the spots are random and may not spawn for everything you need. This system needs to change.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Watchman3001 said:

Can someone confirm the same for Deimos fauna?

Not sure if it helps, but in the cambion drift I managed to find all 3 tiers of Nexifera yesterday. Although they are the one specie you can't lure and have to find in the wild. But generally it's valid for all species in cambion drift so that may be a work around if that's bugged here to.

1 minute ago, Watchman3001 said:

Nexiferas are fine, but I am scouting Drift for an hour already, and not a single velocipod... At all

I mean it's another topic but Nexiferas are super glitched. When you put them asleep you have a good chance they become stuck in a weird invulnerable state or just try to loop through animation thus preventing you from capturing them.

Also Velocipod natural spawn might have been bugged for a longer time, I tried to farm for some few months ago and it was sooooooooo hard to find any compared to my memories from early Deimos release.