Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fighting Stalker Solo, Any Tips?

AkioKasai

Question

The newest Stalker is pretty... crazy, to say the least. I've tried a variety of things, between running, rolling, climbing things etc. while fighting him, but I just can't seem to down this guy if I'm alone.

Is there a certain element I should be bringing? Warframe perhaps? Whenever he shows up, I rarely get him down to even half health before he destroys me.

It seems like no matter how much I move, roll or parkour, he NEVER misses with his shots, so... I'm stumped. Any loadouts or tips anyone can give?

21 answers to this question

Well, what I do when I see the flickering screen, is I rush over to the nearest area, with a lot of space and obsticles. Of course it's also important that you go somewhere clear of other enemies. When you see him spawn, you run and keep running. Take cover as fast as possible. And from there on, you just shoot, dodge, and keep moving.

Thats the best advice I can give.

Edit: Most important, keep in mind that he is supposed to be able to kill you too, so don't expect it to be easy.

Edited by Zareek

When I'm Solo and the Stalker shows up, I find a room with windows, wait for him to appear or lure him there. Then I smash the windows and leave him trapped inside and run like a mofo away. Then I unlock the room and keep running.

Or I find a corner, curl up, and cry.

Valkyr's ulti can solo him what i've heard, never tried it, but it requires alot of time, other then that i dont know, hes pretty scary since u11

Valkyr's Hysteria can be taken away just like Iron Skin from Rhino with the taunt "Your TENNO powers are useless!" I suggest using Frost Prime and use snow globe. Sure it's a risk but your slowing him down and you could simply walk around him while shooting. Easy as cake.

Using Ash and spamming him with Shiruken could work maybe? No need to be too accurate, thanks to the ability's feature, and I'd guess with a cheap energy cost and a fast build it would be possible to keep a rather safe distance while doing so.

Keep on the move while firing, sometimes he'll miss his shots with Dread this way. Not to mention it lessens the risk of eating a Slash Dash if you strafe while engaging him. Ideally Rhino, Frost / Prime and Trinity are probably the best options for taking Stalker apart. Since he readily cancels Tenno abilities and stuns in the process, you're better off relying on Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber and Quick Thinking to bolster your survivability as much as possible. Though the invincibility granted by Blessing will be canceled near instantly, Trinity can use it to restore shields and HP if you find an opening.

Unfortunately, the more fragile frames are at a serious risk of being killed near instantly even if you're packing survivability mods, that's just the way it is. Same situation for new frames that you're ranking. His Slash Dash in particular deals phenomenal damage, and since there's no telling when he'll perform it, sometimes he'll just pull two in a row out of his &#! right out of the spawn and it's bad luck, game over if they connect.

Frames like Excalibur that have mobility options packed into their abilities (Excalibur's own Slash Dash for instance or Rhino's Charge) can use them to temporarily get away for a breather. Try luring Stalker into the midst of enemies before using this tactic, he'll potentially become distracted, giving you enough time to regenerate your shields and jump back into the fray.

As far as dealing damage goes you want to keep something on you at all times that can deal enormous burst damage and end the encounter as quickly as possible, Corrosive + Heat and Corrosive + Blast work well against him when slapped into something like the Brakk. Weapons like the Synapse and Boar Prime can be built to produce similarly devastating results.

Overall though the Stalker isn't supposed to be an opponent that you're meant to have a long drawn-out encounter with even with end-game setups. He's supposed to be a very real threat that can be defeated or succumbed to in a very short amount of time. You need to capitalize on having enough burst damage to take him down as soon as possible, or he'll turn you into Swiss Tenno very quickly with that nasty Slash Dash of his.