Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best team survivability support frame

(PSN)Sentiel

Question

I'm sick and tired of reviving people in EDA, so I'm looking for the ideal frame that can prevent my team (and ideally their pets) from going down. I'm also not a fan of spamming abilities (sorry Trinity mains).

So far, I narrowed it down to three but I can't pick from them and neither speaks to me "this is it!".

Citrine has damage reduction up to 90% in Affinity zone and provides healing (not sure if this affects pets). DR has it's limits so I'm not sure how valuable it is for my team. The rest of her abilities are great but static which doesn't fit any mode where you need to move.

Frost with OG augment gives around 50-60k OG to the whole team, pets and NPCs included. It's not as spammy as Styanax or Dante and provides crowd control. His Globe can help with defending but the rest of his kit is horrible.

Dante is amazing overall but requires frequent ability spamming due to the way he's designed which gets old after a few missions even if each ability has over 60 seconds duration. His entire kit is mobile and useful, which is great.

Which do you think is the best? Any other frames come to mind?

11 answers to this question

Styanax or Revenant with augments (the later if you want to be extremely lazy) are pretty solid to. Maybe Styanax is a bit too "spammy" for your tastes though.

And also with some tinkering and investment, Harrow can be insane at being both a crazy DPS and a hell of a support. (While having good duration so it doesn't feel spammy at all.)

You could try Oberon. His abilities can grant status immunity (range limited), regen HP, prevent death each 90s (with augment), give some armor, CC and has innate Radiation damage that you can also add to your team's weapons (with augment). 

Also, Renewal is a channeling ability that you won't have to spam. 

And his passive buffs pets. 

Edited by AegidiusF

I wouldnt call them best, but I will give you couple ideas:

Trinity. Constant 75% DR, instant HP/shield maxing, can give infinite energy

Hildryn. Shield/ overshield maxing, status immunity  + shield/armor strip, 3,5s shield gate, can also mass summon Energy orbs if needed.

Oberon. Armor+HPS, Phoenix Reneval every 90 s, Rad buff

Wisp. Massive HP+HPS buff, aoe Blind, speed buff, electric procs that cc enemies

Octavia: Perma stealth, 2 abilities that break the enemy AI, massive buff to everything

Out of those probably Octavia as her defensive techniques do not interfere with any of your own abilities and mods. That is why I dislike Frost and Dante.

Edited by Zakkhar

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Out of those probably Octavia as her defensive techniques do not interfere with any of your own abilities and mods. That is why I dislike Frost and Dante.

Can you elaborate on Frost and Dante please? How do they interfere?

Just now, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Can you elaborate on Frost and Dante please? How do they interfere?

Chroma’s Vex Armor

Previously, Overguard would prevent Chroma from benefiting from his Vex Armor buffs (since it blocked damage on Health and Shields). So, we’ve made the following change to allow players to receive the buffs through all sources of Overguard:

Now: Melee kills now grant a 15% Armor increase and ranged kills a 15% increase to Weapon Damage (doubled to 30% for ranged weak point kills).

This change does not solve my issue, as I am forced to gunplay as melee focused Chroma in order be able to utilise my 1300%+ dmg buff. Also it is on kills. 15% per kill requires me to kill 86 enemies with guns in order to get max buff.

Rage and Hunter Adrenaline

Previously, Overguard granted by allies could prevent you from gaining Energy from these Mods (since it blocked damage dealt to Health). So, in an effort to create a more co-op friendly experience between the two, we’ve made the following change:

Now, Rage and Hunter Adrenaline can convert the Damage on Overguard granted by allies to Energy while Shields are inactive.

This change doesnt solve my issue either as I do not use Rage/Hunter adrenaline on either Inaros or Nidus (because they do not need that at all), but use it on frames like Oberon, which can be extremly energy hungry and relies on self healing and self death prevention in order to maximize energy. Overguard completely destroys that interaction. So do massive DRs and agressive Shield maxing (tinity/hildryn).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

This change does not solve my issue, as I am forced to gunplay as melee focused Chroma in order be able to utilise my 1300%+ dmg buff. Also it is on kills. 15% per kill requires me to kill 86 enemies with guns in order to get max buff.

This change doesnt solve my issue either as I do not use Rage/Hunter adrenaline on either Inaros or Nidus (because they do not need that at all), but use it on frames like Oberon, which can be extremly energy hungry and relies on self healing and self death prevention in order to maximize energy. Overguard completely destroys that interaction. So do massive DRs and agressive Shield maxing (tinity/hildryn).

Gotcha.

Thank you for the explanation.

I assume Mesmer Shield is probably the worst among support abilities for cases like you brought up since it stops you from getting damaged completely, right?

Does Citrine also negatively affect these or other frames?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Dante is amazing overall but requires frequent ability spamming due to the way he's designed which gets old after a few missions even if each ability has over 60 seconds duration. His entire kit is mobile and useful, which is great.

Alt keybinds for abilities for scroll up and scroll down, specificially #2,3, make Dante far more usable. I also use a high duration build that gets his final verses to like 120 seconds.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

She revives from afar but doesn't really prevent going down much. I prefer to prevent issues. 

Then harrow , with convenant , buts close to spam. But you would keep team pretty much safe. Else silence banshee  or good old limbo , but it start to disrup other people plays. So its with conditions, if purely for safety then limbo is great help, if you want safety and team funciton limbo may interviene a bit.