Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Very Low FPS comparing to Other Mission Nodes/types

Natasha_Yar

Yep, I realized FPS were lower than usual, although thanks to my set up I could still be around 60-70 FPS with max settings and DLSS Quality. Something I noticed is that particles seem heavier here than on other enemies, as everytime they exploded I could see the computer struggle a tad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yep, I realized FPS were lower than usual, although thanks to my set up I could still be around 60-70 FPS with max settings and DLSS Quality. Something I noticed is that particles seem heavier here than on other enemies, as everytime they exploded I could see the computer struggle a tad.

Yup definitely noticed the fps really heavily drop around ambient particle clouds and effects. Those things are usually the stuff that requires a lot of smoothing out and optimizing.

For context, this tileset is GPU limited. VERY heavily (i checked with presentmon data, but game also shows you GPU time and total time, so...). So i would still count it as pretty much optimized, compared to what we get now. At least it utilises hardware properly. I do get my 120+ FPS on 1080 Ultra with 7800XT, but point still stands. (could've definitely use more power for 100% utilization though, but it's load dependant, so...)

This location actually feels a lot more filled than Entrati labs are, and they already had eaten quite a bit of GPU power. (But heck, this demo looked better for my taste than some newer AAA games out there...). And it is also quite atmospheric if i may say so...

Now to discussion. It's probably fog or lighting. Or both. DE implements volumetric fog a lot recently. There are also puddles of water on ground which do have basic reflection (very basic, low resolution). Windows on houses also have basic level of reflection (you can aim with secondary to see that laser reflects differently from window and walls). 

Particles alone didn't seem to impact performance much based on recording of my mission clear (even though i would still pay attention to "smoke and particles" from blown up cars. Glowing enemies though may impact performance. They are tracked by ground reflections and volumetric fog each.

Probably, most graphic intensive place i found is this one. And any camera movement to other direction basically gained 10+ FPS. So maybe most problematic part is that fog specifically over road or light to the left? 

1KJglRF.png

And this probably was second most demanding moment i encountered. I assume it is combination of fog over road, smoke from car in background and melee eximus with lights all over environment. 

7bGtmkY.png

Anyways, if performance will be improved - great.

If it is performance cost of shiny stuff, well, i could reasonably see it. Will say though. It seems like i do notice TAA traces more there for some reason. 

Edited by DimkaTsv

6 минут назад, Yrkul сказал:

Lots of graphical pollution and objects in this tileset. The amount of destructibles doesn't help either. Last tileset had much the same problems.

True, but let's be honest... I doubt that you can create atmosphere of chaotic Earth consumed by technorot without details. And they try to use their engine for more advanced stuff now (even though they tend to slightly overuse volumetric fog...) If anything i like what they did with style on this demo. But i don't really think that 1999 demo has that many environmental destructible objects... Or is it?

(destructibles in Entrati lab point i do agree with completely... It's not like there needed to be THAT much destructibles there. But hey, it still looks great).

Edited by DimkaTsv

9 minutes ago, DimkaTsv said:

But i don't really think that 1999 demo has that many environmental destructible objects... Or is it?

Cars, barrels, valves on chemical tanks and other triggers. Even saw road signs fall over from mob fire. Boxes and other detritus flying around from impacts. Feel free to experiment. I won't, as I found the whole experience rather boring.

The pistol was nice...

• Like 1

Bad performance in the demo.  Seems to be the burning cars, probably the particle effects for the flames.  When the camera is faced away the fps returns back to normal.

Later on the fps tanks again, but its especially noticeable around flame effects and the trashed cars, at least on my rig.  

I did a quick netracell afterwards to make sure everything was as expected on my computer, and it was fine.  Spawn rates are still not as dense as before the latest warframe release, but that's for another thread.

Edited by Jangovar-Ramka