Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assorted new player questions

(MOB)aldriq

Question

Hi all, fresh player of a few weeks here, currently MR5 and enjoying the game so far. I have some hopefully quick questions 

• I was lucky to join the game at the perfect time to get a free Caliban (with reactor) and a free Dex Nikana (with catalyst), but I noticed recently I have a spare catalyst in my inventory (not sure if I got it from a quest). Should I be saving this one for a higher MR weapon further down the line, or could I use it with something I'm enjoying right now like Ignis?
  • I just got the riven mod from Nightwave, I take it that this will only work after I hit MR8?
  • The non-prime blueprint duplicates for frame components like Rhino, Excalibur, etc, can only be sold for credits, right?

3 answers to this question

3 минуты назад, (MOB)aldriq сказал:

I was lucky to join the game at the perfect time to get a free Caliban (with reactor) and a free Dex Nikana (with catalyst), but I noticed recently I have a spare catalyst in my inventory (not sure if I got it from a quest). Should I be saving this one for a higher MR weapon further down the line, or could I use it with something I'm enjoying right now like Ignis?

Catalysts (and Reactors) are valuable items, but not valuable enough to preserve them 'till the last moment. I suggest you to find a weapon of your liking and use the catalyst on it. Later you'll be able to acquire many more of them from the Nightwave store, invasions, alerts, Sorties and other sources.

4 минуты назад, (MOB)aldriq сказал:

just got the riven mod from Nightwave, I take it that this will only work after I hit MR8?

Yes, riven mods have their own mastery rank requirements (from 8 to 16, individual to each riven mod).

5 минут назад, (MOB)aldriq сказал:

The non-prime blueprint duplicates for frame components like Rhino, Excalibur, etc, can only be sold for credits, right?

Correct. Non-prime blueprints of warframes cannot be traded. You may sell them for extra credits.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, (MOB)aldriq said:
  • The non-prime blueprint duplicates for frame components like Rhino, Excalibur, etc, can only be sold for credits, right?

As always, YES, BUT. You are right for warframes, but the same rule doesnt apply everywhere. You can trade fully crafted necramech parts, you can trade non-prime nautilus parts, you can trade some non-prime weapon parts and even some fully crafted non-prime weapons. Always check in game and wiki if something is or isnt tradable. In game, look for the trading symbol (a small square) next to an item.

• Like 1

Just a quick note to OP, make sure you max rank the weapons and frames before you sell any that you are leveling up.. a lot of us when we were new didnt know about mastery rank etc.. Once a weapon/frame etc you dont like or use is fully ranked (you can check in your profile to see), you can sell it to clear slots so you dont have to purchase new weapon / frame slots until you get further into the game.  Also before selling a weapon check to see if its used in building another weapon.. there are a few.  Enjoy and good luck :)

• Like 1