The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto Armour Feedback Megathread

Mama_Sasha

I've always had a blast when playing Excal, who wouldn't when you can press 4 for mass impalement.

Still I've known for awhile that there are a couple of builds you can run on him that are really broken, though not as fun to play.

That's kinda too impossible to be a skin

I never said I wanted it as a skin. Just saying he had a permanent iron skin that could only be penetrated by a flaming power throw lol... It basically is old rhino... Old Stalker in the game might be Loki, or new Stalker... Trinity on the other hand could have a proto skin but you would have to use her skin from the unpublished Dark Sector when she used to fly... However it seems no one wants skins from a game that was never published.

Edited by Arlayn

I never said I wanted it as a skin. Just saying he had a permanent iron skin that could only be penetrated by a flaming power throw lol... It basically is old rhino... Old Stalker in the game might be Loki, or new Stalker... Trinity on the other hand could have a proto skin but you would have to use her skin from the unpublished Dark Sector when she used to fly... However it seems no one wants skins from a game that was never published.

I get your point, but I was referring to skins in particular.

I don't really think the DS infested can really be compared to the frames, they have little to nothing in common.

Yeah, whatever we get from that would most likely be half baked.

You simply gained enough skills playing others to make yourself worthy of Excalibur.

Excal probably relies on a lot more techniques to get around, kill, and stealth his way through levels than the rest. Initially he'll look lackluster compared to other easier to use frames, but then once you get some mad skeelz of balancing gun, sword, and frame...Excal suddenly blinds you in his shining glory.

Being able to try on the proto skin for excalibur, something was striking me as odd.

It was the first skin to "actually look good" and being worth the platinum. Though still a bit expensive

Now I know it was just some ressources DE had lying around that was ported and bone rigged but it's overall quality is just undeniably so much better. It makes all other Warframes look cartoonish and silly.

So DE; If you release more skins of the same quality I am willing empty my steam wallet for you.

Kudos!

Edited by Kasamoto

tenno wearing pants...yeah....this isnt warframe anymore then if they release more of these ''with actual clothes'' it will be more of ''Dress up your action figure and play with it!''

its technically an old suit... I don't think its capable of holding ammo, and weapons on it the same as a warframe. Where as this suit NEEDS the "Agency" Uniform placed over it in order to hold ammo, weapons, and various other equipment. Think about technology involved. The suit is old... REALLY old. It doesn't have that strange tech that allows ammo to be stored inside the suit via some kind of teleportation/shrink/digitization system, or the magnetic system to stick weapons to it.

tenno wearing pants...yeah....this isnt warframe anymore then if they release more of these ''with actual clothes'' it will be more of ''Dress up your action figure and play with it!''

Reason why the skin is 'with actual clothes' is because it's the form of the first Excalibur, leading back to the game "Dark Sector" which was made by DE a long while ago where you played as Hayden Tenno. So, from the DE's perspective, they put in something to celebrate Warframe in open Beta for one year, which happens to be the first Excalibur suit from a game they made in the past.

They might or might not bring future 'clothes' out for the other Warframes, chances leaning to 'might not'.

But, on a side note - It's not compulsory to buy it really. It's just a limited edition skin for a frame from another game but same creators.