The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto Armour Feedback Megathread

Mama_Sasha

They should also do weapon reskins. We have Dark Sector Excal look now, so why not get the Glaive to boot? I'd love to run around looking like Hayden and it could even be used for events where screenshots are needed. Maybe even when adding shock damage it can have an electric aura like when you hit an electrical source in Dark Sector? Would so love it. Same with a revolver since he had one it seems.

And thank you for making it ONLY 150 plat!

I don't even understand what kind of profit do the devs ever make with such awesome prices in this game!

Thank you for repaying loyal players that stuck with this game so long by giving them a pair of pretty looking squirt guns and the UNIQUE change of buying a warframe skin for such an incredibly low price!

To be completely fair, it is incredibly sexy. I think the pricing is a bit too harsh as well, but considering the fact that actual modeling work had to be done for it (as opposed to Immortal skins), I think the price is fairly justified.

I've been saving my platinum for months because I don't like spending very much. I bought this thing in a heartbeat and do not regret it.

They should also do weapon reskins. We have Dark Sector Excal look now, so why not get the Glaive to boot? I'd love to run around looking like Hayden and it could even be used for events where screenshots are needed. Maybe even when adding shock damage it can have an electric aura like when you hit an electrical source in Dark Sector? Would so love it. Same with a revolver since he had one it seems.

all right calm yer $* pal :P 1 step at a time but i kinda agree yes hopefully for the future :) , they add more weapons than they do warframes so it seems more understanding that warframe armor reskins would be faster in some way

Edited by DiBBz

More skins like this please please please. This looks like a hardened tenno who has fought in many wars.

much want more.

(without the limited timer please)

Agreed. I love the gritty "soldier" feel that this armor has, compared to the sleek, future-tech appearances of all the other Frames. Their designs are awesome, but it's always nice to take a break from it once in a while.

Kudos to DE on this armor. A handful of players, including myself, have been asking for a Hayden skin for quite a while. Glad to see they delivered.

See, I'd love to see more stuff in this vein for one specific reason: It doesn't look organic.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love what some of the frames look like as a result of the aesthetic, but given that Warframes are likely biomechanical in nature, it'd be nice to see the mechanical part once in a while.

I'll probably pick up Proto-Excalibur later in the week at a discounted price if it comes up, since it's still quite overpriced for my tastes, but I'd very much like to see other stuff of this nature.

Also not being able to see Excalibur's toes is a welcome change.

Yes i played Dark Sector, i bought the skin because of that mainly.

Right after trying it i got myself in a dilemma i like mi Immortal Pendragon Excalibur more than Proto Skin, i really liked Dark Sector back in the day but i certainly like a lot more warframe and its refined and more sophisticated designs, i think that both Hayden's suit and Nemesis suit are more "traditional" suits, and warframes has some crazy creative and unique stuff going on. so, in my particular case i bought it because it's a nice detail that i do not want to miss, i want to have it, but i do love my customized Excalibur.

I'm not saying the skin is bad, but i do think that the modern frame designs are more interesting, i know this is mainly subjective but they are objectively more complex, the proto skin for example has pants... and in the back you can see straps and clothing parts, the modern frames are like "what the hell is this thing?! is it a suit? or is that it's skin? is it alive? is it a robot? is there a man inside?".

Just my opinion off course.

well at least you got it in your inventory right ? if plat is not a problem..

i know many things in warframe i didnt like at first definately grew on me as time went by so maybe later down the track you will love it 

its nice of DE to even give us this as a option, ive seen alot of threads asking for this and im suprised they actually gave people what they wanted, so very generous of them

*looks around*

Nobody slapped it on prime yet?...

I kinda want to see how Proto Excalibur Prime would be like (still at work, ; A;)

Uh, what? Go look at the immortal skin on Excal Prime, and you'll get an idea about what this looks like (hint: it looks just like the picture)

im using the default colors on this, Braton, AkLex and Glaive.... its like im playing darksector all over again

its a real shame this did not come with like a Tekna 9mm skin for the lato/aklato's and a Korbov TK6 for the Braton and it would be perfect :D

Edited by STARSBarry

I misunderstood you. I figured you where talking just proto skins because of the pictures. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Im fine with armor reskins, as long as they stay around the same price as the current immortal skins.

I think it would be the other way around for events, lots and lots of people love being able to customize their warframes and weapons, I think a cosmetic event item would make more people do the event and work harder than any weapons ever would (especially since there are currently so many weapons to choose from in the market and clan tech).

As long as an armor re-skin isn't a prime access only thing, the syandana's are fine in prime access because theres a few other in the in-game market to choose from.

the reason they are more expensive because your buying a reskinned head, and suit. Which head, and suit prices climb up way above 100 plat.