Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eurogamer Warframe Review

AudioRejectz

I'm glad review scores matter less and less in this day and age.

To players, maybe. To devs, not so much.

I mean, there's devs out there that were laying off employees if they didn't hit a certain review average on Metacritic....

Wow... He cant have played more then 30 min.

These days, I wouldn't hold any "review" in any kind of regard.

I mean, one website stated that playing solo would fill your squad with AI bots -.-

Oh no they didn't received their bribe money what a shame,

i wouldn't give 4/10 bit harsh, with all the flaws it's 7/10 at the very least.

Don't worry they are just butt hurt because DE isn't giving them free PS4, Xbox One, or Doritos, and Mountain Dew... Nothing new...

On most of your points I agree but on this I don't. I use cover, HEAVILY. You just have to understand how cover works in this game. This is the classic old school kind of cover. But your body behind the object and you have cover.

That is not using cover, it's standing behind an object and jumping out of it to shoot at enemies while relying on shields to not get insta-blasted-to-bits.

Cover mechanic work by auto-hugging the stuff you get close to, switching the camera, and allowing you to pop out and take potshots, broadly resembling what a pro would do in real life.

I know how to use "cover" in this game, it's just that it is not as good as it should be for a modern game.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Why people overreact over every thing that isnt important at all?

What will change because some internet review page gave WF bad score? We all know they have point in some way, because WF isnt perfect.

There is so much hurt in the butt of some people around here.

Nailed it.

Not sure of the name, but isn't there some kind of Eurogamer reviewer reward contents held every year that is sponsored, and voted by Publishers? I think that's where the entire Reviewer system fell apart. I think AngryJoe covers it in his 10 conspiracies (of one of the years which I can't remember maybe 2012? Maybe 2011?)

Not sure of the name, but isn't there some kind of Eurogamer reviewer reward contents held every year that is sponsored, and voted by Publishers? I think that's where the entire Reviewer system fell apart. I think AngryJoe covers it in his 10 conspiracies (of one of the years which I can't remember maybe 2012? Maybe 2011?)

Only Angry Joe.

helicoptering

Why would the tutorial ever say anything about this? That's not an official mechanic. It's an unintended exploit that relies on specific circumstances. There's no way anything that like is ever going to be in a tutorial, there's no point.

Functional yet not amazing AI or a tutorial that explains the basic controls (gasp?) are examples of nitpicky things one would not normally deduct points for.

Not amazing AI won't give people much to come back to.

Functional yet not amazing AI or a tutorial that explains the basic controls (gasp?) are examples of nitpicky things one would not normally deduct points for.

If they did it, Halo 1 would have fallen victim to it... Now THAT was an awful tutorial... Especially if you can die immedtily after leaving the tutorial room...

See his review for Alpha Protocol? Dude was a complete idiot the entire time.

Never saw the review for it, but when I picked up the box in Gamestop I immedtily put it back down again... The back sounded like a Call of Duty rip off with poor man's mechanics.

Edited by Arlayn

He has valid points, but personally a little too harsh and also obvious lacking in astrology. 

Having said that the new player experience is bad.

No tutorial on mods.

Mission selection.

Using the Foundry.

Weapon leveling up (which should be improved)

And more to come.

DE have to understand that PC gamers might be a little more tolerant, we are used to alt+tabbing in case we hit a bind, back in the day it was gamefaqs, now it is wiki sites. Or even youtube streams.

But console players aren't as forgiving. 

And it has to be set straight is that, War Frame is basically a TPS diablo with ninja moves.

You can progress but with some farming (no where near D3 luckily, and there IS VISIBLE progression in war frame).

Don't expect to own everything right out of the box (but unfortunately that is how the advertisements go).

Edited by fatpig84

That is not using cover, it's standing behind an object and jumping out of it to shoot at enemies while relying on shields to not get insta-blasted-to-bits.

Cover mechanic work by auto-hugging the stuff you get close to, switching the camera, and allowing you to pop out and take potshots, broadly resembling what a pro would do in real life.

I know how to use "cover" in this game, it's just that it is not as good as it should be for a modern game.

You dont have to jump out all the way, you can get angles where the enemy cant hit you.

I will admit this last update and sure put me off this game.  I was on fire about this game before this last update but not now.  It's my opinion people you don't have to like it or agree with it.  It was all I talked about at work.  Now I'm just really frustrated and kinda sad that I don't enjoy this as much as I used to   I am not being bitter (I was &!$$ed as hell since the update).  This is my honest opinion and I have over 900 hours in this game.  I keep telling myself it's a beta but I just don't know anymore.

Edited by yrrej

He has valid points, but personally a little too harsh and also obvious lacking in astrology. 

Having said that the new player experience is bad.

No tutorial on mods.

Mission selection.

Using the Foundry.

Weapon leveling up (which should be improved)

And more to come.

DE have to understand that PC gamers might be a little more tolerant, we are used to alt+tabbing in case we hit a bind, back in the day it was gamefaqs, now it is wiki sites.

But console players aren't as forgiving. 

And it has to be set straight is that, War Frame is basically a TPS diablo with ninja moves.

You can progress but with some farming (no where near D3 luckily, and there IS VISIBLE progression in war frame).

Don't expect to own everything right out of the box (but unfortunately that is how the advertisements go).

TPS diablo with ninja moves? Going to be honest... There is only one game in known existence that is EXACTLY like Warframe, but slightly better. Without multiplayer, and that was Vanquish. How in the hell did you get Diablo?

Might I add the eurogamer reviewer was quite awful. How did he get generic? Seriously I have over a hundred Ps1, Ps2, N64, Sega Genesis, well over 50 PS3 games, and some download only. TONS of PC games, and plenty of the older game console games laying around. I have gone to Arcades, and I traveled the many hundreds of online games...

I can honestly say once more ONLY VANQUISH is like Warframe... Never has a game like it ever come into existence.

Edited by Arlayn

I love these cover-systems, they go back to the late 80s and into the 90s. They're so much more refined and aesthetically better looking than derping behind a box and un-eloquently inching to the left or right until you and/or your gun is exposed enough to shoot.

I'd love for Warframe to have a cover-system itself.

"Waah, but this game is about moving aroooound qq" Then don't use cover, numbnuts. That's the glory of the amazing concept of "optional."

I can't believe DE uses that excuse too. All this parkour and fast movement doesn't actually do much of anything to escape the enemy aimbots. People pile on &#!-amounts of shields to tank damage and then hide behind crap to regenerate because it's the best way to avoid damage.

Plus, it could be a nice compliment to stealth.

Edited by FatalX7

I love these cover-systems, they go back to the late 80s and into the 90s. They're so much more refined and aesthetically better looking than derping behind a box and un-eloquently inching to the left or right until you and/or your gun is exposed enough to shoot.

I'd love for Warframe to have a cover-system itself.

"Waah, but this game is about moving aroooound qq" Then don't use cover, numbnuts. That's the glory of the amazing concept of "optional."

Aside from just enjoying that kind of gameplay, I'd like to have it since all this parkour and fast movement doesn't actually do much of anything to escape the enemy aimbots.

Plus, it could be a nice compliment to stealth.

It kinda does help evade the aimbot to run around, roll, or jump. The aimbot isn't as great, and mighty as some would think. Just need to think outside the box. Also cover is awful. You know how many games I have died in from accidently gluing to an object and dying? (Happened a lot in Dark Sector)

Never saw the review for it, but when I picked up the box in Gamestop I immedtily put it back down again... The back sounded like a Call of Duty rip off with poor man's mechanics.

Alpha Protocol was amazing.  It's a spy thriller that doesn't take itself seriously and lampshades everything for ridiculous effect.  I never laughed so hard playing a shooter in a long time.