Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip Acrid?

Riccoshot

(forgive my spelling)

Can't make it work well.

It's simply doesn't feel from what it has been all the time before damage 2.0.

I tried Fire + Corrosive combo against 50lv. Grineer, and it's really depressing to see how it's perform against them.

Also, for some reason, most likely a bug -  when a make it shoot with any combo - it's still procs as Toxin. For example - i was leveling up on Xini with my Fire + Viral (just for testings) Acrid, and it was Toxic proc like 85-90& off the time, and only the other 10-15% was Viral proc. If it will clear up something - i was a client in that game (yeah, cause maybe it's again one of the these 'not working offhost'-things)

What's your opinion on current Acrid - anybody make it work well on lv. 55+ Grineer or Corpus, lv. 65+ Infested, last 3-4 waves of T3 Def mobs.

Was it nerfed more then it should?

Anybody experienced same 'almost Toxin only proc'-bug?

So tired of hearing how this weapon or that weapon was "nerfed". No weapon was nerfed in any way. The damage tables were changed. Therefore not all weapons work against all things, or against all levels of the same thing. The thing with the element mods is probably a bug as it seems to happen with other combos on other weapons.

Edited by Critter

The innate element (toxic for acrid I think) factors in to what combo's happen. That may be related to what's happening. Peruse the warframe wiki page on dmg 2.0 for more info.

Edit: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 here. Load order stuff is what I was talking about. Lots of useful info and how-to's in there.

Edited by Meenmu

I'd have to say against higher level enemies pure elemental weapons seem to fail a bit. I have like 2k fire and 1.5k corrosive damage on my ignis and I'm hitting lvl 50s for about 120. It's pretty sad. 

The toxic proc is a bug you should send in a ticket or post on the bug forum

So tired of hearing how this weapon or that weapon was "nerfed". No weapon was nerfed in any way. The damage tables were changed. Therefore not all weapons work against all things, or against all levels of the same thing. The thing with the element mods is probably a bug as it seems to happen with other combos on other weapons.

So tired of people defending nerfs that were over the top. 

Edited by Kolos1001

Ok, but the acrid was nerfed.

Its base damage was reduced from 25 to 20, and the DoT damage base was reduced to 10(?)

The DoT also no longer scales with mods.... So yeah it was nerfed.

Acrid is FAR from a useless gun. People say that it's RIP Acrid with U11, but it's not. Make it innate corrosive and wreck Grineer with it. Or do a Magnetic/Gas combo to do decently against Corpus MOAS and just wreck crewmen. Just because it doesn't have a physical element doesn't make it useless. 

Acrid is FAR from a useless gun. People say that it's RIP Acrid with U11, but it's not. Make it innate corrosive and wreck Grineer with it. Or do a Magnetic/Gas combo to do decently against Corpus MOAS and just wreck crewmen. Just because it doesn't have a physical element doesn't make it useless. 

at high levels it falls off really quickly without puncture/impact added on top of it. That's the problem with pure elementals at the moment. The synapse is fine because it is the crit god but otherwise you're better off with a brakk.  

I hate to tell you, but if you divide a damage number by into 3 parts, and then make 1-2 of those segments useless against a foe, and then hide the now vital damage mod for the last damage component behind freshly bugged drop tables, then you've walked in a circle to reach the point of Nerf.

That said, the Acrid isn't that bad.  It feels as though the Devs tried to balance the most lethal squirt gun in video gaming history, with some degree of success.  Keep in mind that level 40 foes are equivalent to the old level 100 range, so you've got an acrid without autoproc up against level 125-ish Grineer.

Oh, and the proc chance.  Definate nerf.  Needed for several aspects of 2.0 to function, but still a nerf.  This is because it controls too many aspects of combat function now, such as knockdown on a melee ground-pound attack.  Kind of defeats the purpose if an attack is only 10% effective, ya know?  That's the same thing as 90% inneffective, or "holy crap, that did almost nothing at all!"

The Dot not scaling is basically half the mechanic of the gun broken.

I'd just like the dot scaling back. 

If(/when?) they give it back its DoT it will be fine. Not crazy OP, but decent at least.

The DoT scaling was the one and only reason why the Acrid was so powerful it made all other guns obsolete. I'd rather not see that return.

The DoT scaling was the one and only reason why the Acrid was so powerful it made all other guns obsolete. I'd rather not see that return.

It will still be hit rather hard even with that returning. At least it looks that way. Especially since it deals toxin damage regardless of what you try to combo it with. It needs to have one of those two fixed.

I'm surprised how people don't realise that the Acrid deals NO damage other than its procs and poison. And when its poison does not scale with damage modifiers it is kind of ridiculous.

Also, the toxic proc is not a bug, it is how the Acrid works now. You have a proc chance to deal the proc damage, otherwise it deals the base toxic DoT, which makes it useless against grineer and corpus as it only has a proc chance of 10% meaning 90% of your shots are wasted.

I'm surprised how people don't realise that the Acrid deals NO damage other than its procs and poison. And when its poison does not scale with damage modifiers it is kind of ridiculous.

Also, the toxic proc is not a bug, it is how the Acrid works now. You have a proc chance to deal the proc damage, otherwise it deals the base toxic DoT, which makes it useless against grineer and corpus as it only has a proc chance of 10% meaning 90% of your shots are wasted.

A lot of people here aware of that it's procs poison to current installed combo like 90% to 10% of all time.

It seems like a bug to me, especially when my Embolist which have basic Toxin damage as well procs as it should be.

(it was related to another thread, but look how it procs - 

)

Acrid has been nerfed from 25% DoT from total damage to 1% DoT of total dmg...my Acrid has 700 total dmg 350 blast + 350 corrosive...it does a DoT of 1%,before the nerf in Dmg 1.0 I did like 1k per shot and then constantly doing some 250 every tick of the DoT (sorry if someone else posted this,I haven't read the post)