Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok What's The Deal. (No Polarity Slots On Clan Weaponry)

Empiren

I believe that a lot of these clantechs should at least have one gamma polarity.  Or "Y", whatever you want to call it.  Looks like a lower case gamma to me.  Anyway, you work hard enough to get the clantech, gamma is the first one (and probably the second) that everyone will put on it.  They should come with one.  Especially the weapons that take TWO forma to build for crying out loud.

Because, Forma.

More forma for the forma god.

There are some who believe it's DE's way of incentivizing(?) players to grind out more hours leveling gear, making or buying forma, then grinding again. 

Going by the looks of it(since forma came out) it might very well be.

It is probably a response to the min-maxers who complained that pre installed Forma made it harder for them to get their perfect builds.

Gotta listen to the minority group, am I right?

I've never heard anyone complaining about V/Y polarities coming with a weapon.

I believe that a lot of these clantechs should at least have one gamma polarity.  Or "Y", whatever you want to call it.  Looks like a lower case gamma to me.  Anyway, you work hard enough to get the clantech, gamma is the first one (and probably the second) that everyone will put on it.  They should come with one.  Especially the weapons that take TWO forma to build for crying out loud.

Most clan tech takes forma to build, the fact that it somehow doesn't have one is very suspicious, maybe the forge steals our forma when we aren't looking?!

I've never heard anyone complaining about V/Y polarities coming with a weapon.

I have only seen it two or three times on the forum on rather small threads, but DE seems to find and listen to those kinds of threads.

I have to say though that it makes no sense to me for them to complain, like you said, there is always a mod that will need those polarities.

One theory is that they were very powerful when they first appeared, so to balance them a bit they come without any forma. Making a clan weapon a lot more powerful once you have compensated for the "missing" formas.

Though now their power is not as powerful compared to the other high-tier marketpalce weapons from the market compared to before. Still, it would be somewhat hard to argue that they should add forma to weapons which already exist, as people would want both their forma and time refunded in case they already have the maximum useful amount of polarities on their clan-weapons.

Better solution might be to buff the weapons instead.

Edited by NullCurrent

One theory is that they were very powerful when they first appeared, so to balance them a bit they come without any forma. Making a clan weapon a lot more powerful once you have compensated for the "missing" formas.

Though now their power is not as powerful compared to the other high-tier marketpalce weapons from the market compared to before. Still, it would be somewhat hard to argue that they should add forma to weapons which already exist, as people would want both their forma and time refunded in case they already have the maximum useful amount of polarities on their clan-weapons.

Better solution might be to buff the weapons instead.

Besides Ogris,Acrid and maybe Torid,clan weapons never was "very powerfull".

No polarities for the sake of random decisions toward weapons and how they will impact the game.

See Soma,Vastos,Galatine,etc...

Oh yeah im up for a major buff/overhaul for most of dojo weapons asap.

Edited by Raijinmeister