Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Really Hope De Meant To Make Status Chance Mods Flat Valued.

Shehriazad

Because with how it is right now...makes them the new "most worthless mods" in all of Warframe.

Most weapons sit at 1-10% proc chances with things like snipers being the exception.

Rifle mod raises proc chance by 12.5%

Example: Soma has a proc chance of what...5%? 5% + 12.5% = 5.625 ...wow...such status...much proc...very strong....except...it's terrible.

Why even bother to make those new mods when there is absolutely no way to make them work in a legit way.

If that value was just flat. A Soma would be raised to 17.5% proc chance.

This might sound like too much...but you are going to give up another mod for it. You either give up damage or critchance or any other utility on your weapon to make them proc more.

A Proc Soma could be spraying chain lightnings all over the place... might have a little less punch...but be hella fun to use.

I don't get how DE thought that making something like procs that can be really awesome...but then cripple it by making no weapon proc things and have proc mods make your weapon all around worse for absolutely no pay-off.

Of course on the shotgun version it might need a tonedown then because +30% flat might be too much...but then again...you're gonna trade in any other damage mod (most likely) for proc chances.

Why is DE so afraid to make new things...a thing.

Damage 2.0 just turns rainbows into 2 colors and didn't even make enhanced physicals a thing (combining physicals instead of elements) and hoping that there would be dedicated proc builds is yet another thing they failed to do.

Wake up DE:..you got all the tools at your disposal to create build diversity with just 1 single patch...do it. So many weapons could suddenly shine in different areas...and 2 new types of builds could emerge alongside the same old 2 build ways that existed for months now... if your mod system claims diversity...go ahead and finally give us that option.

Edited by Shehriazad

I feel you bro. Yours, mine and many other topics about status chance have been posted, but ignored.

everyday I am feeling less and less positive about warframe. 2 weeks have passed and still no major fixing for damage 2.0 and I am not even starting to talk about improving the gameplay, parkour.

In case you want to read my stuff about status chance mods:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/135739-status-chance-mods-are-broken-increase-is-not-noticeable-plus-melee-related-effects/#entry1623891

It feels like they're pretending to miss these topics or something, even though they keep telling how often they visit forums and read them. We could really use some responses from the Devs.

Edited by Aure7

De is afraid to make new things? What.

What new thing did they really do with U11.

They claimed to make this awesome damage 2.0 that changes it all.

Yet all you do now is instead of a full rainbow use only 2 colors of the spectrum at best...and still have extreme enemy defense scalings that you cant easily break at high levels.

My Soma is 7% without mods. I figure it would a lot higher with Rifle Aptitude and Hammer Shot (neither of which I've been able to find; nobody uses elementals with Soma anyways). With maxxed Sure Shot and Stunning Speed, my Brakk and Grems sit at 12.5%. With the Brakk, it procs something on every shot because it shoots 10 pellets. With lvl 4 Melee Prowess, my Machete Wraith is at 11.6%, with max (lvl 5) it would probably sit at 12.5% chance (not one for doing math).

That's not low, at all.

Also, from the other thread:

Take twin vipers , and put an additive mod on them , 15% proc chance is all they need to do the power creep , think about it :

25 rounds/ second 

3 damage types , plus you want to add an elemental one.

a total of 16% proc chance 

That means that each second you fire 25 bullets , each having 16% chance for each type of damage (4) to do a proc , meaning that you'll get proc after proc each second.

Does that seem ok ?

True, I realised later that making them additive is a terrible idea for that reason. I think what I was going for trying to get Procs/Second to be closer for each weapon than they are now. now that I've thought about it, giving them the same treatment as crit mods seems like a good idea. That and trying to get most weapons to have about 0.5 procs/second. Grakata has 4x that, which seems pretty reasonable for a weapon that is designed for status dealing, but most weapons may as well not even have status chance at all for how useful it is.

Edited by theasl

My Soma is 7% without mods. I figure it would a lot higher with Rifle Aptitude and Hammer Shot (neither of which I've been able to find; nobody uses elementals with Soma anyways).

With maxxed Sure Shot and Stunning Speed, my Brakk and Grems sit at 12.5%. With the Brakk, it procs something on every shot because it shoots 10 pellets.

With lvl 4 Melee Prowess, my Machete Wraith is at 11.6%, with max (lvl 5) it would probably sit at 12.5% chance (not one for doing math).

That's not low, at all.

do you freaking realize how much mod capacity you're wasting for additional 2.5% chance

Aure7, on 04 Dec 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

do you freaking realize how much mod capacity you're wasting for additional 2.5% chance

do you freaking realize how much i don't care

It's freaking Brakk, I don't even need mods besides Hornet Strike and it murders everything already. Besides, it has a catalyst so I have like 12 unused points. And procs aren't even good, I just do it for the awesome visual effects.

Anyhow:

With mods, my Brakk has 8 shots in the magazine, average 16 pellets per shot. That's ~128 shots per mag. I have 5 things that can proc, so 616 chances to proc per mag.

At 10% chance, that's ~62 procs per mag.

At 12.5% chance, that's ~77 procs per mag.

I'm not even going to go into Soma's math.

Edited by theasl

But then again...in damage 1.0 DE didnt claim that procing is a thing. Right now you either have a weapon that procs decently or you dont...you dont actually get to build a proc build with any weapon.

You don't need procs though. They aren't even as important as crits. They are like finding change in your couch cushions.

You don't need procs though. They aren't even as important as crits. They are like finding change in your couch cushions.

You don't need anything.

But in the end the only "choice" you have is to either pick a weapon that crits...or pick a weapon that doesn't crit and then go with the 1 of 2 according builds.

Adding physical combination and status chance to the mix as realistic option would open up the game a whole lot...without requiring DE to actually do a whole lot of anything... like I said...with 1 simple patch they could DOUBLE the amount of builds in this game.

The day Damage 2.0 was released DE said that they will standby and await feedback. They're probably tweaking the system as we speak. They're either going to surprise us, or are just too busy to bother giving us an update.

Sometimes developers just need to bunker down and work on the game. They can't communicate every single hour of every day.  

Either go to the Feedback section and provide reasonable criticism, or stop playing Warframe and come back later when everything is as it should be. 

We're playing a Beta. The game will be ever-changing till full release. 

The day Damage 2.0 was released DE said that they will standby and await feedback. They're probably tweaking the system as we speak. They're either going to surprise us, or are just too busy to bother giving us an update.

Sometimes developers just need to bunker down and work on the game. They can't communicate every single hour of every day.  

Either go to the Feedback section and provide reasonable criticism, or stop playing Warframe and come back later when everything is as it should be. 

We're playing a Beta. The game will be ever-changing till full release. 

A: Online games usually keep on changing until being shut down

B: This game is only beta in its name...fully functional market place at full price and no more resets determine that this is just the standard move to make mistakes "forgiveable"

C. "Stop playing the game huhurr". Terrible advice that should never be given by anyone just because he is giving feedback or points something out. Just because you are a 100% fanboy of something and blindly believe in them...doesn't mean that everyone will.

It's freaking Brakk, I don't even need mods besides Hornet Strike and it murders everything already. Besides, it has a catalyst so I have like 12 unused points. And procs aren't even good, I just do it for the awesome visual effects.

Anyhow:

With mods, my Brakk has 8 shots in the magazine, average 16 pellets per shot. That's ~128 shots per mag. I have 5 things that can proc, so 616 chances to proc per mag.

no I mean that 10% and 12.5% in game make do difference?

Shield, health, armor, and energy mods are all percentile.

Energy cost, range, and duration are also all percentile.

Base weapon damage, elemental weapon damage, multishot, attack speed, reload speed, crit chance and crit multiplier, again percentile.

When in doubt, predict that the current trend will continue.

Thats not to say they don't need a buff, but how they work won't change. Generally, anything that gives less than a 30% improvement for 9 points isn't considered to be very useful. Elemental resist mods, Physique, and now status chance.

I'd say the more inherent problem is expecting effects like we used to (such as enemies slowed from freeze damage, a fire DoT, or electricity stun). Sadly those effects are no longer automatic, and in fact quite rare due to the current system. They obviously changed quite a bit here, so I'm expecting some measure of tweaking to certain stats, and making certain guns more effective in certain areas. After using a wide array of automatic weapons, it does make me realize that adding more status chance might get a little ridiculous when it comes to things like Blast. Not that I'd use any particular effect on every gun I own, but it does seem like it would get a bit silly on certain weapons.

What I do hope is that they tweak some values to make them slightly more effective depending on the weapon, giving us similar options to weapons that we stack crit mods onto. By that virtue, we only stack those sorts of mods on weapons that have a much higher potential.

B: This game is only beta in its name...fully functional market place at full price and no more resets determine that this is just the standard move to make mistakes "forgiveable"

C. "Stop playing the game huhurr". Terrible advice that should never be given by anyone just because he is giving feedback or points something out. Just because you are a 100% fanboy of something and blindly believe in them...doesn't mean that everyone will.

A. Games out of beta update with new content and minor fixes. They don't completely change as this game has since I've started playing. I know you haven't been here long, but this game is still beta.

B. It's still beta, I'm afraid. I've already taken part in other games with fully functioning cash shops in beta, primarily because the developers need funds to continue making the game.

C. Feedback like your response? Definitely helping everyone, obviously. Nice opinions though, but please stop preaching like you know what a game in beta is.

I wasn't taking a side, so I don't know where the fanboy tagline came from. I just wanted to point out that all of this is work in progress. The new system just recently came out. 

You've got a point though, the game won't stop changing after Beta. 

Also, I didn't only say to stop playing the game. I followed up by saying come back when everything is as it should be. Why play a game you're not enjoying when you know that your problem with it will be resolved soon? Anyway, I just wanted to point out that it can change, and posting feedback in the Feedback section is a great way to communicate your issues with the game. We are in General Discussion here.

A. Games out of beta update with new content and minor fixes. They don't completely change as this game has since I've started playing. I know you haven't been here long, but this game is still beta.

B. It's still beta, I'm afraid. I've already taken part in other games with fully functioning cash shops in beta, primarily because the developers need funds to continue making the game.

C. Feedback like your response? Definitely helping everyone, obviously. Nice opinions though, but please stop preaching like you know what a game in beta is.

This game is a minimum viable product, "Beta" is just there as an excuse for the guillable.

Those of you who remember the stun chance mods more clearly will notice something with the new proc chance mods. Seeing as how DE extinguished the stun chance mods and turned them into proc chance mods, look carefully.

See it yet, no? I'll tell you, they turned the stun chance mods into proc chance mods and stopped at that. They changed no values. So the wimpy 2.5% per level of the old stun chance mods is what was left on the proc chance mods. Either DE knows this and are in fact, testing what new values to put in that would be balanced or they don't and shame on them for doing a half job on these mods.

They should, and this could just be me being overly optimistic, have an update for their values in the pipe somewhere. Hopefully soon. If they do already know and are finding balanced values, then we might be waiting a while. Otherwise, lets make sure to keep reminding them. It bugs the hell out of me that these mods are absolutely useless.

Edited by Raigir

The only mods worth their weight in mod points are the direct damage mods.

Everything else is crap because it adjusts a number in an underwhelmingly small increment for 9-10+ points.  And then some mods are just $#!%, like the one that reduces shield loss on completely random and totally not-worth-suffering-through "ice" missions by like 12%...

Damage 2.0 was supposed to encourage us to vary our builds.  All it really accomplished was introducing tons of new mods no one will ever really consider, caused us to reconsider the effectiveness of SOME weapons and think about the placement of our elemental mods, not so much whether or not we need them.  Otherwise, nothing really changed.

The system failed for a myriad of reasons.  One was that "rainbow" really got transformed into a hard 2 element limit, the other was that anything other than the "rainbow" build mods isn't worth using.

Anyhow:

It's terrifying to me that you think your math is right....