Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Pistol Combos - Maglex, Bronclins, Cestrolist, Ballistikou

AlchemistMute

Hello, readers. Making an akimbo version of a single pistol is boring. Yeah, two Broncos instead of one used to be pretty cool, but now, it's old. So, why not combine two *different* guns and hold them akimbo style? While we're at it, actually modify both guns to have properties of the single guns. How does that sound? A Bronco that slowly fires Magnus rounds, or a Viper that bursts Seer lasers.

C'mon, it will be cool. Here's some ideas. Any combos could work, but I liked these best.

Maglex - Magnus + Lex Combo

oCfq4oP.png

The Maglex is a dual pistol combo crafted with a Magnus, a Lex and two Orokin Cells. You get the Maglex combo, getting two guns that both have a mix of the Magnus' and Lex's stats. While it can quickly fire off shots that are equally good at destroying shields and armor and land crits + procs well, it takes an incredibly long time to reload. These are the stats:

Type: Single shot, semi-auto, hitscan

Physical Damage: 55

- 25 Puncture

- 25 Impact

- 5 Slash

Magazine Size: 14 rounds

Fire Rate: 6 rounds per sec.

Crit. Chance: 15%

Crit. Damage: 200%

Status Chance: 20%

Reload Time: 5 secs.

Bronclins - Bronco + Gremlin Combo

Az4paM7.png

The Twin Bronclins is a dual pistol combo crafted with a single Bronco and Twin Gremlins. You get the Twin Broncos, which have a mix of both guns' stats and projectiles. The Bronclins are essentially pocket shotguns that fire off slow-moving, high-puncture projectiles that nail enemies to the walls, but have a huge spread. These are the stats:

Type: 6-pellet shotgun, automatic, 65 meters per sec.

Physical Damage: 120

- 90 Puncture

- 20 Impact

- 10 Slash

Magazine Size: 5 rounds

Fire Rate: 7 rounds per. sec

Crit. Chance: 2.5%

Crit. Damage: 150%

Status Chance: 15%

Reload Time: 3 secs.

Cestrolist - Cestra + Embolist Combo

wwWyUyc.png

The Cestrolist is a dual pistol combo crafted with a single Cestra a single Embolist, and two Orokin Cells. You get the Cestrolist, which combines the damage types of both and bug-spray AoE effect of the Embolist into one package. A short range, high-damage Corrosive spray can of crowd destruction that fires for as long as a real spray can before needing to reload. These are the stats:

Type: 8-meter continuous AoE, automatic, 50 meters per sec.

Damage: 130 Corrosive damage per sec.

Magazine Size: 120 'rounds'

Fire Rate: 60 'rounds' per sec.

Crit. Chance: None

Status Chance: 10%

Reload Time: 1.5 secs.

Ballistikou - Ballistica + Hikou Combo

(Have no idea how to combine a thrown weapon with a crossbow without it looking weird.)

The Ballistikou is a dual sidearm combo crafted with a Ballistica, Hikou, and two Orokin Cells. You get the Ballistikou, a crossbow with two modes of fire. It either bursts 4 Hikou, or shoots a single, larger Hikou for much more damage. Specializes in Puncture and Slash damage. Yes, this is actually a crossbow that shoots shuriken. What the heck indeed.. These are the stats:

Type: Charged/4-star burst, semi-auto, 70 meters per sec, minor arc

Physical Damage: 25 per star/100 charged

- 12/40 Puncture

- 1/20 Impact

- 12/40 Slash

Magazine Size: 32 stars

Fire Rate: 4 stars per sec.

Crit. Chance: None

Status Chance: 5%

Reload Time: 3 secs.

So, what's your opinion? Leave your negative comments down below, and show your positivity with either an upvote or a compliment or whatever. Ask questions below, as well. Thanks for reading. :3

P.S: The images you see are false. In-game, you'd be holding two guns that are identical. The guns would be combined versions of the single guns used to make these. Imagine a Seer combined with a Viper. Now imagine your character holding two of those babies.

Edited by AlchemistMute

I like the idea of this but the problem is all the pistols in the game already, are they going to make a BP for every single akimbo type and if not then they would pretty much have to remove all the akimbo BPs gremlins are only akimbo so they would have to make a single version of it and one last problem I see is the trigger style the way they work now it one click one shot with one gun next click one shot with other gun but not every pistol is a semi-auto you could say left click right click like other games but then people would complain about zooming and stuff like that

So by holding 2 different guns they'll shoot like another different gun thats in between them? While I have never shot a gun in real life I pretty sure thats not how guns work...

Also Cestra and embolist? Those aren't akimbo guns and never will be.

1. Yeah.. that was an issue while making the images

2. Who cares? Combining them gets an ultra-fast spray gun of destruction.

After rainbow damage, rainbow arsenal! :D

This is pretty fun, but I think it's only a dream....

PS: wich one will be use when you carry database?

@PS: As answered above, the ingame models will probably be actual combos of the two guns, rather than a copy of both guns held hand-in-hand. In-game, they'd probably have unique models that really do look like shotnail-guns, for example. So, it'd just use of them, as per usual.

Edited by AlchemistMute

It's hard to picture how you think this would be implemented. Is what you're saying should happen is that both guns should fire the same fusion of bullet stats? That doesn't make sense when you're holding two weapons that look completely different for them to be shooting the same stuff.

It's hard to picture how you think this would be implemented. Is what you're saying should happen is that both guns should fire the same fusion of bullet stats? That doesn't make sense when you're holding two weapons that look completely different for them to be shooting the same stuff.

"As answered above, the ingame models will probably be actual combos of the two guns, rather than a copy of both guns held hand-in-hand. In-game, they'd probably have unique models that really do look like shotnail-guns, for example."

This should probably be put in the OP for future readers..

"As answered above, the ingame models will probably be actual combos of the two guns, rather than a copy of both guns held hand-in-hand. In-game, they'd probably have unique models that really do look like shotnail-guns, for example."

This should probably be put in the OP for future readers..

Yeah, you posted while I was still typing my own.

Where is the Brakrid?

I demand a Brakrid!

The Brakk looks like a turd and Acrid means 'foul smelling'. I fear making that combo, both for the damage and the grotesqueness.

Ogris and Soma - Somris. Gimme.

I'd prefer the Flogris Rocket Rifle. Flux + Ogris. Flogs enemies with a solid stream of rockets.

I think it highlights how the current Ak[thing] / Dual [thing] system wouldn't work if you tried to take it beyond basics. It's too limited to crank out a completely new weapon for every possible combination, and would just fill up the market with junk.

I'd rather see the base equipping changed so that some secondaries are marked as one-handed, and could be equipped in a left or right secondary slot, but dual wielding would be unavailable by default. Upgrading your secondaries (noted by name change to Ak[thing]) wouldn't require two of the same type, (or combine them) but instead allow you to equip any two compatible Ak[thing] secondaries at the same time.