The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's That One Game That You Played Far More Than Expected?

Luminati07

Like the title says.

For me, it's Dissidia Final Fantasy (Duodecim)

Such an amazing game.

I bought it for ~$25 on my PS Vita, and since then, that's all my Vita is being used for.

In short, it's a 3D fighting game with Final Fantasy characters.

I can't put my finger on why I love it so much.

The gameplay is great.

The characters are great.

The encounter quotes when you fight certain characters

The fact that I can fight the atrocity that is Lightning.

The Final Fantasy overload.

Yeah...I'm a bit of an FF nut :/

If any of you have a PSP/Vita, I recommend this game with all my heart.

As of right now, I've clocked somewhere around 300 hours in the game, and I'm not even close to getting 100% completion. That's going to take plenty more time.

(Those that can't see the videos, click on the shield in your address bar and click 'run unsafe script'

So, like the title says, what game surprised you in how much you played it.

Edited by Nugget_

The Secret World - online horror-ish mmo roleplay/shooter game.

Purchased it because it seemed cheap and I was burnt out on my current game.

Expected to play it a few days but it lasted a lot longer. Didn't play it a whole lot, but way more than expected

Sims. 

It NEVER appealed to me, I didnt get the attraction, it looked boring as S#&$.

But I got Sims 3 one year to just try it during a summer game-release dry-spell and..... I didnt see sunlight again for quite some time.

Its by far not the kind of game I usually play but it is @(*()$ scary addictive o_o

FFXII. At first I thought the game will suck(I based it from reviews 7 below is bad to me.).

When I started playing though I got hooked. (Played it over 400+ hours in normal version.) 

Loved how the RNG is done, the battle system feels like Vagrant Story w/c is a big plus to me(loved that game), storyline was meh, farming was well "FUN", so fun I bought FFXII IZJS and farmed the 3 invisible equipments manually.(Play time = A lifetime. Over 2000+ hours.)

IZJS is the very reason I'm not complaining about WF RNG. I know how rewarding farming is when done right.

TBh. Warframe.  been with WF since January. took short breaks but im still here!  I'd say Skyrim aswell but one expects that such a game will take you for a few hundred hours.  and ArmA 2 i expected it to be quite horrible. found myself enjoying it. playing more than expected ventured online aswel.. a year or two later (hadnt played it for ages.) bought the expansion pack. Operation Arrowhead. went in with friends. we played for ages online.  and that from a game i expected i wouldnt like at all.

Devil May cry 3.

I was 11 when I got my first gaming console, as a birthday present I got the PS2. 

It was all about cartoony games... like 'simpsons hit and run' and shooters like 'timesplitters'/

But then my dad got me DMC3, I thought it would be pretty crap from the trailer. 

Turned out to be incredible. Still playing it since 2003 in my spare time.

(Though as Vergil)

TBh. Warframe.  been with WF since January. took short breaks but im still here!  I'd say Skyrim aswell but one expects that such a game will take you for a few hundred hours.  and ArmA 2 i expected it to be quite horrible. found myself enjoying it. playing more than expected ventured online aswel.. a year or two later (hadnt played it for ages.) bought the expansion pack. Operation Arrowhead. went in with friends. we played for ages online.  and that from a game i expected i wouldnt like at all.

+1 for ArmA II + Operation Arrowhead. Good, realistic FPS games.

For me, it has to be Knights in the Nightmare. I didn't hear about this game when I bought it on impulse, but I was in for a surprise: That game introduced me to the Dept. Heaven series, and it's one of my favorite DS games. I can't explain the gameplay, but think of a bullet hell shmup mixed with strategy, and you're a wisp that controls your soldiers as you fight against the darkness. It's complicated, but once I get used to the controls, I'm having so much fun with it.

A couple Warframe, and Roblox. Never knew that being a space ninja and cutting enemies in half would happen. Nut as soon as I sliced a grinner's arm off, I was hooked.   Roblox I didn't know what to expect, looked like a virtual lego game, but when I say how you could customize characters and the games they had really made me think it over till I got TBC(Turbo Builder Club) can make clans, and games, and get paid R$ just for being in builder's club. gotta say though didn't expect either game would have been this much fun.

GTA San Andreas Multiplayer.

When I was first introduced to the mod, and told about the roleplay servers, I went all 'meh.'

Suddenly, I have over 2,000 hours logged and am one of the most enthusiastic roleplayers in the server, over the course of 2-3 years.