Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

The brakk was exclusive...

What does that have to do with anything?

That said, I'm not upset about the Brakk being nerfed. The damage falloff was an appropriate change, though why they couldn't think of adding that when they released the weapon, I don't know. It's a shotgun-style weapon. Every shotgun has falloff. Keep it consistent.

Just that alone would have been enough to balance out the Brakk. The spread increase was largely unnecessary - once the gun doesn't do damage past 20m or so, sniping with it is no longer a problem. They shoulda kept the spread the same.

What does that have to do with anything?

That said, I'm not upset about the Brakk being nerfed. The damage falloff was an appropriate change, though why they couldn't think of adding that when they released the weapon, I don't know. It's a shotgun-style weapon. Every shotgun has falloff. Keep it consistent.

Just that alone would have been enough to balance out the Brakk. The spread increase was largely unnecessary - once the gun doesn't do damage past 20m or so, sniping with it is no longer a problem. They shoulda kept the spread the same.

Have you tried this fallout in game? 10m and it starts falling out and 20m it's 0 damage. You can't expect to run up to everything and shove it in their face. It's ridiculously short.

Eh, it needed it. Now my OTHER sidearms feel like they have an actual reason to exist again.

Plus, you know, having a shotgun-type weapon with no falloff was just weird.

Now all it needs is for it to work its way to either the market or the clantech stations. Since it's neither a Wraith nor a Vandal weapon, it shouldn't be event exclusive.

Period.

this happened, because of one thing folks, and one thing only: jealousy.

every single nerf thread, was started by, and endorsed by, people who DID NOT possess the brakk.

people didn't feel like busting their asses for 100+ missions because "its just a gun" and when that gun turned out to be beast as all get out, it went from "just a gun" to "i dont have that and it kills everything nuke it to the ground".

the ones who called for nerf after nerf thread: did not have the brakk.

DE is no longer even LOOKING at these threads as far as i have noticed, unless someone writes a letter ASKING them to pay attention.

But they sure as hell listened to those who wanted that nerf.

sorry guys, but the way this is going, untill DE decides to put their adult pants back on and actually TALK to the players in this game and invalidate the outcries of those who dont factor in (people who lack the items/weapons in question) and start paying attention to actual goddamned feedback, maybe these nerfs wouldnt happen so much, or at least when they DID happen they wouldn't be such crippling blows.

Edited by ObviousLee

While the Brakk was in serious need of a nerf, I agree, this was too much. The damage shift was fine, spread is fine, but the ridiculously short falloff needs to be looked at. It either needs to be extended, or removed in favor of killing the CRIT or status chances, if not both.

On another note, people seem to think exclusives shouldn't be all powerful, and I agree. I suggest we continue off the "intended design", and make the clan tech weapons the "endgame" gear, and balance event tools based around them. Then there can be no more Brakk level nerfs to event weapons, as any clan tech tool could match it for something.

While the Brakk was in serious need of a nerf, I agree, this was too much. The damage shift was fine, spread is fine, but the ridiculously short falloff needs to be looked at. It either needs to be extended, or removed in favor of killing the CRIT or status chances, if not both.

On another note, people seem to think exclusives shouldn't be all powerful, and I agree. I suggest we continue off the "intended design", and make the clan tech weapons the "endgame" gear, and balance event tools based around them. Then there can be no more Brakk level nerfs to event weapons, as any clan tech tool could match it for something.

Although it took far longer to do the 100 missions required for this reward, I do agree that with the extensive effort needed to create a clantech weapon, they should be more effective. But what has U11 brought us? Acrid is dead. Flux is now a infested meat cutting laser. the balance of weapons within warframe is seriously messed up at the moment. A level 7 weapon is far less effective than my twin gremlins. That's really sad. So just what is DE planning to do? Now with even the brakk dead, we can hardly do anything to kill mobs near the end of say a T3 def. And don't anyone say soma, you can hardly kill 3 targets with a full clip at that level. All that still works is the 20k+ headshots some snipers still dish out, but honestly, I doubt that they aren't going to be nerfed.

Wait for Brakk Prime

Brakk is a grineer weapon, thus it's not going to have a prime. At best a wraith. But the main thing is that the fallout probably is going to stay, meaning that it will still be a horrible choice for general gameplay.

Well I personally threw my 2 cents into a lot of the nerf threads, and as a Brakk owner myself, as soon as I got it to 30 I was calling for it to be Nerfed into oblivion. It was ridiculous a shotgun that could obliterate anything and everything at any range just seemed absurd to me.

I would not use the thing because unlike those who loved it, I could see that it basically broke the game completely. Why have any other weapon when you had the Brakk.

And then it got the 20% status chance in U11 which made it even more ridiculous and basically gives you a 13% (off the top of my head) chance NOT to apply a proc, whilst you kill whatever your aiming at before the proc does anything anyway. 

So I welcome these changes, and now feel like i can use the Brakk without ruining the game for myself and those I am in a party with.

TLDR: people need to quit moaning because the only weapon they used after the Gravidus dilemma has been brought back to on par with other weapons. (although it is still more powerful than any shotgun in game and the Bronco prime which I feel is stupid)

brakk was known for its balanced nature.

Be right back.

*laughter coming from the other room*

I've been around long enough to be familiar with this situation. Good ol' Hek days.

You'll get over it. I got over it when I couldn't 1-shot anything from across the map with the Hek anymore.

Edited by Nitresco

The brakk was exclusive...

This means nothing. 

The fact that this community's (and the dev's) first reaction to a decently powerful (even OP) weapon is 'nerf it into the ground' saddens me. I'm really starting to lose faith in this game. Had DE simply lowered its crit chance and status chance (and maybe even lowered its fire rate) the Brakk would have been way better balanced without being reduced to a burden.

Well I personally threw my 2 cents into a lot of the nerf threads, and as a Brakk owner myself, as soon as I got it to 30 I was calling for it to be Nerfed into oblivion. It was ridiculous a shotgun that could obliterate anything and everything at any range just seemed absurd to me.

I would not use the thing because unlike those who loved it, I could see that it basically broke the game completely. Why have any other weapon when you had the Brakk.

And then it got the 20% status chance in U11 which made it even more ridiculous and basically gives you a 13% (off the top of my head) chance NOT to apply a proc, whilst you kill whatever your aiming at before the proc does anything anyway. 

So I welcome these changes, and now feel like i can use the Brakk without ruining the game for myself and those I am in a party with.

TLDR: people need to quit moaning because the only weapon they used after the Gravidus dilemma has been brought back to on par with other weapons. (although it is still more powerful than any shotgun in game and the Bronco prime which I feel is stupid)

Well, it hardly broke the game in comparison to the acrid and the like. What I'm talking about is the gun being completely destroyed. People work hard to make weapons into what they are. It shouldn't be nerfed so hard that it becomes so ineffective.

Well, it hardly broke the game in comparison to the acrid and the like. What I'm talking about is the gun being completely destroyed. People work hard to make weapons into what they are. It shouldn't be nerfed so hard that it becomes so ineffective.

The acrid? So you want to talk about a real nerf into oblivion do you?

The Acrid is completely destroyed and took a lot more work to get than the Brakk did. Also, the Brakk now is more powerful than the Acrid became on the release of U11, even after they tried to make the acrid better.

The Acrid is virtually useless compared to ANY other secondary now.

Edited by supersaupe

The Acrid is completely destroyed and took a lot more work to get than the Brakk did. Also, the Brakk now is more powerful than the Acrid became on the release of U11, even after they tried to make the acrid better.

I have the acrid. And I found it completely useless after U11. Brakk merely became what everyone called OP because the weapons that overshadowed it were broken already. And frankly, it didn't take that much work to get. Grinding for the brakk was much more frustrating than farming materials for acrid. Well, now both guns are horrible in comparison to what they were.

I have the acrid. And I found it completely useless after U11. Brakk merely became what everyone called OP because the weapons that overshadowed it were broken already. And frankly, it didn't take that much work to get. Grinding for the brakk was much more frustrating than farming materials for acrid. Well, now both guns are horrible in comparison to what they were.

So what do you want to do about it?

That depends upon your relationship with RNG and your clan tier IIRC. The Acrid took little to no effort on my part to acquire. The Brakk took a guaranteed 100 monotonous runs to earn.