Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys, Relax. Take A Deep Breath. Exhale. Calmer? Good, Now Read This Regarding The Brakk.

Brimir

I agree the Brakk needed a fall off, but come on? 10m?

Why even bother with a shotgun when I can Orthos the nearest 5 mobs at almost that range with Reach?

Instead of 10/20m it should have been 15/25m instead, at the very least. Maybe even 20/25m.

There's no point in a gun that does no damage at 10+ meters. I can agree with a large spread making targets difficult to hit with all the pellets, sure. But to nerf the damage to the extreme that the gun itself is pointless to even use? No thanks.

Yeah so you can get up in its face and still plug it.... or you could smack it with Orthos or something and save your ammo. And hey, Orthos hits 5 targets in one swing to boot and doesn't take long to charge if you put Killing Blow and Focus Energy on it. You're not gonna hit 5 targets at once at 10m unless you put Punch Through and even then... the number of times you'd actually do that... yeah. Not often.

I'm okay with them nerfing the Brakk. Shifting it more towards impact makes more sense for a shotgun. HOWEVER, the damage fall off does not make any sense. I do not know of any shotgun in real life that turns into a feather duster when enemies are standing 20 meters away. Most shotguns are lethal up to about double that range. 

Right now, the Brakk is only good when enemies are literally right beside you. It does not feel like a shotgun, or any kind of gun for that matter. It's just a substitute for melee weapons with a slightly extended range. For the work that went into acquiring the Brakk and the number of forma's I have put into it, this nerf feels like a slap in the face.

Uh no? Playing the Gaia Defense Mission even with the increase spread all the pellets still hit the door and the enemies coming out. If it didn't have falloff I'd still kill them immediately as they step outside the doors. Are you even playing with the gun?

Edit: This is right next to the crates by the Reactor.

Here we go -

Confession from the OP chanters wing - Playing Gaia?

Man go play Outer Terminus and then come back and whine about OP.

This is precisely the problem.

Many players are taking weapons meant to be end game weapons into low level missions and then deciding the weapon is OP!

Of course it is OP on earth!!

We need effective END GAME weapons - level 60 and up grineer and corpus which you will encounter before wave 15 on outer terminus.

Nothing fits that bill now and the candidates keep getting destroyed by this incessant demand to nerf everything to make earth, saturn and eris hard.

Please - If you want a challenge then complete your maps.

Go play higher levels.

If there were so many OP weapons then there would not be constant cries for Taxi Taxi  for alert missions every time one pops up past jupiter.

thank you

I'd love to see your proof that the Brakk is a "end game weapon".

Other than, of course, it was ridiculously overpowered. You can't just slap an "end game"-sticker on a weapon and excuse any imbalance. People tried the same with Acrid 1.0 and nobody bought it back then either.

If Brakk is now a "Shotgun" instead of a HAND CANNON than I understand the pellet spread but no shotgun in real life does less damage and loses velocity at only 10m. Scatter guns do less damage because less pellets hit the target not just "because of damage drop off." it literally makes zero sense logically.  

I, like everyone else who ground out 100 runs on full-size maps (not the shortened ones like the last event), expected to get a high-end hand cannon, as promised. Not a pocket shotgun, a HAND CANNON. The damage type change, fine. The spread increase, fine. But the damage falloff is completely wrong. I understand this is a futuristic dystopian alternate reality, but seriously, can we have a LEETLE more realism? No shotgun IRL has that kind of falloff. I understand that full damage at 60m is unrealistic, but so is 10m. How about 30-35m? Heck, I'd take 25m, but 10m is unreasonable, especially considering how sharp the dropoff is.

When I invest as much time and effort as it took to get the Strun Wraith and the Brakk, I expect to get a godly weapon, otherwise I have zero incentive to participate in an event at all. I can get all the mats offered by doing regular, void, and derelict runs. I forma-ed my Brakk 5 times, and now it's almost worthless. I say give me back my 5 formas and you can keep the gun.

Here we go -

Confession from the OP chanters wing - Playing Gaia?

Man go play Outer Terminus and then come back and whine about OP.

This is precisely the problem.

Many players are taking weapons meant to be end game weapons into low level missions and then deciding the weapon is OP!

Of course it is OP on earth!!

We need effective END GAME weapons - level 60 and up grineer and corpus which you will encounter before wave 15 on outer terminus.

Nothing fits that bill now and the candidates keep getting destroyed by this incessant demand to nerf everything to make earth, saturn and eris hard.

Please - If you want a challenge then complete your maps.

Go play higher levels.

If there were so many OP weapons then there would not be constant cries for Taxi Taxi  for alert missions every time one pops up past jupiter.

thank you

Yes, feel free to use quotes completely out of context, that was in reference to the spread increase and in no relation to damage. What that test signified was that regardless of lvl without falloff you can use the brakk (secondary shotgun weapon) as a semi aoe sniper.  

Edited by Loubbo

Don't worry guys, the Brakk is still godlike. It outclasses even the Bronco Prime (which is FAR harder to get than the Brakk, trust me).

With 15%(per Pellet!) Critical Hit Chance and Status Chance you can still mod it for outrageous damage and add Blast to permanently stunlock everything to death.

You just have to treat it like, surprise surprise, any other Shotgun in the game now.

Wow you totally missed the @(*()$ point. Awesome.

The point was the brakk was unique gun with unique properties which BARELY justified grinding 100 goddamn mission for it.

Now the brakk is a hilariously generic shotgun, same as any other shotgun, and doesn't even match its own description.

The brakk sucks. Your refusal to come to terms with it is denial, not seeing the silver lining.

I don't care how much damage it does when I have to build it EXACTLY ONE WAY. Damage 2.lol was supposed to "OPEN UP" choices. It was supposed to make MORE builds. There is pretty much exactly one way to mod the brakk now.

One.

Slathering your ignorance over DE's hypocrisy does jack S#&$ to help the situation, in fact it pretty much highlights how crappy it is now compared to its previous ->utility<-.

Edited by -Kittens-

Doesn't mean that Brakk should outclass every other weapon in the game.

As for the nerf itself, it's respectable now. Still don't like the downright broken proc chance though.

The brakk and before it the acrid just as you said"outshined" other weapons because the majority of main weapons are a bad joke and pistols have hornet strike,way better than serration and 2 multishots.

Instead of @(*()$ nerf every side weapon,buff the damn main ones...

Edited by Raijinmeister

The brakk and before it the acrid just as you said"outshined" other weapons because the majority of main weapons are a bad joke and pistols have hornet strike,way better than serration and 2 multishots.

Instead of @(*()$ nerf every side weapon,buff the damn main ones...

Yeah, instead of nerfing 2-3 guns lets buff 20-30 others because logic.

Can you guys please tell me the deal with an OP gun in PVE?    I don't understand. I have had never heard complaining in other PVE games where   weapons are too OP. What am I missing here, is it stats ? the kills stats at the end right? When i get into pug groups with people if they have an OP weapon or ship or tank or lightsabre or Infinity pistol or whatever. I'm like hellz yeah. Excuse me for not knowing why an event reward that you can't buy but took a whole weekend to grind through 100 maps while supporting your fav side or fav dev team member dealing with noobs, afkers ,people getting lost ,dissconnections from host, glitches or whatever. It stood out as a reward..."AS A REWARD" thus the badge of hellz yeah i fought for my fav redhead ..err i mean side and got aspecial  reward weapon. Please can someone tell me why in a PVE game if you get a reward they listen to people saying its too OP and take away the reward. thats like getting married and you get your wife a nice diamond ring only to find out later its cubic zerconium. Giving a soldier a MEDAL OF HONOR only to tell him its not honored in this country you fought for, just the one you fought in. Isnt an OP team fighting for the same purpose made up with op gear and op weapons?

Other weapons.

Dude, it isn't rocket science.

In a PvE game, where the only real 'threat' is other mobs.  You want the game to balance trophies, either Mods or Weapons, against mass market toys?  Seriously?  No wonder there's so much whining on the forums about weapons that suck or are under powered.

You whiners crack me up.

"The Brakk deserve to be overpowered because it was Exclusive!"

"The game doesn't need balance, it is a PvE game!"

/facepalm

No, I never said it didn't need balance.  It needs to be balanced against the type of targets it needs to be fighting.  Not other weapons, because this isn't a PvP game.  Or it's not supposed to be,

Yeah, instead of nerfing 2-3 guns lets buff 20-30 others because logic.

This game have a tier system tied to the weapons,sp its logic to assume high rank/tier weapons will be more powerfull and reliable,if you can't see how most of dojo tech(usually are the weapons that requires the higher rank to be used )are weak compared to what you need to craft and to use them sorry for you.So im not talking about 20-30 weapons and even if was the case just shows how things are made here,a bunch of weapons,just a few of then are useful and the best ones get nerfed to apease vocal noobs that keep playing low lvl content(planets above lvl25 are empity,dont even gonna mention Outer terminus)and to ENFORCE palyer to move to next "big thing".

Edited by Raijinmeister

Brakk should have been a pistol ogris with 6 smaller rockets which can be fired quickly but are slower in flight than a bullet so harder to hit moving targets.

great for PvE not so much use in PvP unless the target is already stunned or caught by surprise

Edited by Kyphe

@CrimsonEpicado +1

@Nagisawa +1

I am playing from 1990 first Sega console then Atari ST, then Amiga, and the first PCs with 2MB Ram and many games many of you dont be born at the time So with this Brakk issue it is first time to see players in PvE game to ask for nerfing weapons,Frames,abilitys Its only a game for fun guys and fun is Strun Wraith, Soma,Despair,Galatine Acrid,Synapse,Sobek,Glaive Prime and many others so nerf them all for......... balance

Edited by JoMenton

This game have a tier system tied to the weapons,sp its logic to assume high rank/tier weapons will be more powerfull and reliable,if you can't see how most of dojo tech(usually are the weapons that requires the higher rank to be used )are weak compared to what you need to craft and to use them sorry for you.So im not talking about 20-30 weapons and even if was the case just shows how things are made here,a bunch of weapons,just a few of then are useful and the best ones get nerfed to apease vocal noobs that keep playing low lvl content(planets above lvl25 are empity,dont even gonna mention Outer terminus)and to ENFORCE palyer to move to next "big thing".

I think DE's definition of Tier and the community's definition are different. I think DE defines Tiered weapons as 'just released onto the market for monies'.