Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove/nerf That Stupid Damage Dropoff For Shotguns.

Derethevil

Boar prime had almost 2 times more dps than any rifle and brakk was just as OP.

They were broken weapons and needed balancing , deal with it,

mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii *ahem* WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I agree with this thread. Shotguns should have much longer range before damage drop off kicks in. And the Brakk? I'm okay with it getting nerfed, but what they did is ridiculous! It turns into a feather duster when enemies are still within lethal range of any real shotgun. The damage drop off range needs to be significantly increased. 

Right now, the Brakk is only good when enemies are literally right beside you. It does not feel like a gun at all. Just a substitution for a melee weapon with slightly extended range. 

Edited by Drazhar14

Face it people..

In videogames shotguns need dropoff, their power is just too high to have the same ranges as rifles.

Also, merely increasing the spread would just make shotguns annoying to use at the ranges you want to use them at, so you'd end up going close up anyhow..

The difference is that there are mods to increase shotgun accuracy to make up for reduced spread (while no mods make up for such dramatic fall-off damage), and the entire point of the Hek was to have a medium-long range shotgun (because it has a tighter spread than other shotguns).  Damage drop-off is just a poor substitute for increased firing spread.  Both systems are already in the game, penalizing shotguns twice for the same thing. 

Well to be exact the effective range of a shotgun in real life is about 50 feet, or a little over 15 meters, but I agree. The pellets still hit hard; it's just the spread that becomes too wide at that range. 

Fifteen meters is laughably short range for a shotgun, unless you've sawn the barrel clean off of the thing.

Once again the crying babies just did their job well and made DE's screw up another gun.

Instead buff regular main weapons they nerfed an event one,wow really smart.

The crying baby is you. " bla bla my lolly ... bla bla " Brakk is still a good weapon.

Since it is not wra ... and just "another" grineer pistol. I see no point why it should be so special in oposite to Seer for example.

The crying baby is you. " bla bla my lolly ... bla bla " Brakk is still a good weapon.

Since it is not wra ... and just "another" grineer pistol. I see no point why it should be so special in oposite to Seer for example.

You know i dont even own the Strun Wraith or any other event weapon, but it bugs if they get a nerf, just because people tend to say its "OP", just because they dont own that weapon.

The Strun Wraith was strong for example. But they nerfed it into Oblivion. Now its just a better version of Sobek damage wise.

As i tend to say:

Just because the most beautiful woman on earth has a horrible car crash and is disfigured, the most "unsightly" woman wont become the beatuy queen. (i know this sounds horrible, but its the truth, and yeah you can take it with men to if you are getting angry about it)

And as its already have been said.. They are event weapons. People worked hard for getting these, so its okay if they are outclassing them.

I know its maybe not fair against a family father, who hasnt this much time, because he needs to work a lot more. But then he shouldnt judge me, just because i was able to get this weapon.

Edited by Derethevil

You know i dont even own the Strun Wraith or any other event weapon, but it bugs if they get a nerf, just because people tend to say its "OP", just because they dont own that weapon.

The Strun Wraith was strong for example. But they nerfed it into Oblivion. Now its just a better version of Sobek damage wise.

As i tend to say:

Just because the most beautiful woman on earth has a horrible car crash and is disfigured, the most "unsightly" woman wont become the beatuy queen. (i know this sounds horrible, but its the truth, and yeah you can take it with men to if you are getting angry about it)

And as its already have been said.. They are event weapons. People worked hard for getting these, so its okay if they are outclassing them.

I know its maybe not fair against a family father, who hasnt this much time, because he needs to work a lot more. But then he shouldnt judge me, just because i was able to get this weapon.

Event weapons should not be game breaking as the Brakk was. 

And no, I have the Brakk, I am not one of the people who failed to get it. And i refused to use it because it was too absurd a weapon. And the Strun Wraith, which you don't have is still a damn good shotgun, its just not game breaking as it used to be.

If they didnt nerf the event weapons, the only thing people would be using are the Strun wraith and the Brakk.

So as i have already said. For a game that they are trying to BALANCE, it is not ok for a weapon to outclass every other weapon in game. 

Event weapons should not be game breaking as the Brakk was. 

'breaking'  How was the Strun Wraith, the various Vandals and the Brakk breaking anything?  It sounds to me more like sour grapes, because people were scoring higher than you on the damage percentage chart at the end of the mission.

Frankly, those weapons were good because it allowed people, especially casuals who were lucky to own just one, to actually attempt the higher level stuff.

But no, the 'Hardcore' needs to prove it's superiority, to show that only THEY are the 'TRUE MASTERS' of Warframe (or any game for that matter) and crush every player under their collective boot to make themselves feel better.  Never actually realizing that making other less 'skilled' players frustrated makes them leave the game.  And once they leave the game, they take their money with them.  No money, no game, no DE to make it.

'breaking'  How was the Strun Wraith, the various Vandals and the Brakk breaking anything?  It sounds to me more like sour grapes, because people were scoring higher than you on the damage percentage chart at the end of the mission.

Frankly, those weapons were good because it allowed people, especially casuals who were lucky to own just one, to actually attempt the higher level stuff.

But no, the 'Hardcore' needs to prove it's superiority, to show that only THEY are the 'TRUE MASTERS' of Warframe (or any game for that matter) and crush every player under their collective boot to make themselves feel better.  Never actually realizing that making other less 'skilled' players frustrated makes them leave the game.  And once they leave the game, they take their money with them.  No money, no game, no DE to make it.

What incentive is there for a casual to bother with any other shotgun if they have a strun wraith? Why bother buying or making a bronco/bronco prime/dual broncos if they have the brakk?

This is why a certain amount of balance is needed.  The 'casuals' have LESS incentive to buy other weapons when a similar one so clearly outshines another.

What incentive is there for a casual to bother with any other shotgun if they have a strun wraith? Why bother buying or making a bronco/bronco prime/dual broncos if they have the brakk?

This is why a certain amount of balance is needed.  The 'casuals' have LESS incentive to buy other weapons when a similar one so clearly outshines another.

What incentive is there to bother with any other rifle than a Soma?  Or Synapse, or whatever?  What point is there to bother with any other shotgun than a Hek (which despite it's stats is apparently the new God Gun.)  Or a Bronco, (dual or single)?  

Your argument predicates on something that isn't there.  And frankly, Event Weapons SHOULD be special.  Hell, the Event Mods are, why shouldn't the weapons?

Personally, all weapons except sniper rifles should have damage drop-off. Drop-off values for each individual guns should be minor unless across 1000m range (where damage should already drop to about 30%).  Shotguns should have a longer damage drop-off distance in between both the maximum and minimum damage (about 30m average), with differing values based on the gun itself. That way, all shotguns suddenly becomes viable.

Edited by matrixEXO

Well when the only suitable secondary for higher level missions was the Brakk and you would be laughed at for not using it. The fact that it could effectively act as a sniper at 100 yards yet kill 4 or 5 people in that one shot, and no, people were not scoring higher than me on the damage percentage because i didn't play with people who loved their Brakk so much they wouldn't use anything. I played with my clan, who all came to the same conclusion, the game is boring and no fun if you use the Brakk.

I mean 4 people with them, standing on the cryopod in an infested defence and hitting wave 15 before anybody even uses an ability is pretty stupid in my opinion, It takes the whole point of being able to use different weapons and frames out of the game because no other secondary was worth using for higher level. Now the Brakk fits a specific function, although it can still be used as i mentioned, but you cant sit and snipe when mobs come through the door, you have to let them get closer.

And I am far from hardcore, or anywhere near a master of warframe. But you will also find that the 'hardcore' players and the players who were spending 3 hours + on a survival had a team of 4 using the Brakk. 

And yes, people leave the game all the time, but no, DE does not make most of its money from people in game. They make a huge amount through ad revenue and business sources. Most games make nothing from their micro transactions compared to the ridiculous amounts they are paid for hosting third party content on their site and in their game. You might also be interested to know they are virtually paid by Steam as it pays for exclusive PC hosting rights.

Also remember that they are hoping to double their fanbase with the PS4 release which will never happen if the game is ruled by one secondary and without it you cannot do high level areas as every other weapon drops off in usefulness way before which is way more demoralizing than having a weapon nerfed.

I mean, look at the Acrid, it is barely usable now, yet it requires mastery 7 and a lot of time and effort to obtain (unless you jump into a clan that has it researched etc.) Yet the people who have invested more time (and probably money) in this game than any of the casual players have effectively been b***h slapped across the face with it. I know people who had put 6 formas on their acrid prior to U11, and can't use it at all now anyway. But we are not moaning any where near as much as the Brakk lovers, even though a formad Acrid was the only viable alternative to the Brakk.

What incentive is there to bother with any other rifle than a Soma?  Or Synapse, or whatever?  What point is there to bother with any other shotgun than a Hek (which despite it's stats is apparently the new God Gun.)  Or a Bronco, (dual or single)?  

Your argument predicates on something that isn't there.  And frankly, Event Weapons SHOULD be special.  Hell, the Event Mods are, why shouldn't the weapons?

The soma has been nerfed, and is no longer the top tier rifle, against some high level mobs i would never use my soma now. The shotguns, as a whole and including the Hek need a slight buff as they are currently not used by anyone. And the Brakk is still the highest sustained DPS in game for a secondary, and the Broncos are only good against certain things.

DE are trying to stop the game being 'one weapon for everything' and make people actually use others, increasing their play time, and enjoyment of the game as using one weapon for your entire play time is boring.

Event weapons are special. You get to say you have a Brakk. Event weapons however should not be the most powerful and godly weapon in game as it instantly alienates new players and those unable to get it. 

And there is one event mod in the game unobtainable by the usual method. 100 of them exists, and the Strun wraith made it virtually unused because it would still outshine any sniper with primed chamber equipped, thus making the mod pointless to anybody who had the Strun wraith because it was in a similar position to the Brakk.

Personally, all weapons except sniper rifles should have damage drop-off. Drop-off values for each individual guns should be minor unless across 1000m range (where damage should already drop to about 30%).  Shotguns should have a longer damage drop-off distance in between both the maximum and minimum damage (about 30m average), with differing values based on the gun itself. That way, all shotguns suddenly becomes viable.

I've been playing an FPS by the name of Hard Reset, and one of the weapon mods is a Shotgun, which like Warframe's has a severe damage drop off, however, at a reasonably close range (I'd say within 10 meters) you take out several targets side by side.  This is what a Shotty should do in my opinion.

I've been playing an FPS by the name of Hard Reset, and one of the weapon mods is a Shotgun, which like Warframe's has a severe damage drop off, however, at a reasonably close range (I'd say within 10 meters) you take out several targets side by side.  This is what a Shotty should do in my opinion.

If you increase the spread with a mod your Brakk will still do this all day.

That too is a good idea but a shotgun doesn't truly do that. Even in a video game stand-point, that doesn't make any sense to have a 100m radius spread from the barrel itself (exaggerated value, of course). I think, if you want a bigger spread, you are better off going with Vicious Spread. I think it would be better just leaving that to the players to decide on whether they want their tight shotgun a super-spread gun or an accurate down-range gun.

Damage drop-off is necessary. We all know that by heart. The damage drop-off is just not done right, like most of us have said it a million times already. Spread needs no balancing (or maybe just a slight increase only).

Edited by matrixEXO

I didnt know the fun i can have with a gun is another players disadvantage, if he only plays with his friends anyway.

So by that logic. Some people dont like it, if other players have fun?

And before anyone says something.

You playing solo or clanwise (if they are all sharing your opinion) = you never gonna see Brakk. 

So why the hate against it in the first place?

Simply just because you begrudge other peoples fun.

Nothing less.

Shall i run arround and screaming for nerfs for those weapons you like? You like the Synapse? Nerf it (i dont use it), you like the Soma? Nerf it (im using it myself, but i dont like it), you like Despair? (Nerf it, because i dont like them).

Even if they really would be "OP" like you tend to say, i wouldnt ask for a god damn nerf, i would ask DE if they would kindly buff other weapons, so you can finally choose a weapon, as you trying to say.

You wont make the old Skana godlike, just because you take Galantine and put it into the nerf-blender.

Still pigheaded about that drop off?

Well fine then buff shotguns at least so you can exterminate a whole galaxy in that range. Right now you just can take down one planet at once. (I make these ridiculous measures, just because you think Brakk can do this, in case you dont quite catch that)

Edited by Derethevil