Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Gorgon Worth It Now For Corpus Killing?

gaurdianaq

So I was looking at the stats for my gorgon which has been sitting around and it does high impact damage. Is the gorgon worth super charging for use against corpus. I used to use my Soma for everything but seeing as it kind of does pathetic impact damage and it's mainly slash damage it's not as good against corpus. I mean with it's ridiculous crits and such it's still decent but I'm wondering if my gorgon would actually be worth something now vs corpus.

Edited by gaurdianaq

when modded, the weapons have the following burst DPS...

Gorgon vs Shield: 14k

Gorgon vs Robotic: 17k

Gorgon vs Flesh: 16k

Soma vs Shield: 22k

Soma vs Robotic: 23k

Soma vs Flesh: 21k

Soma > Gorgon against Corpus

And if you want the other stats...

Soma burst DPS before resistances: 19k

Gorgon burst DPS before resistances: 14k

Soma sustained DPS before resistances: 11k

Gorgon sustained DPS before resistances: 7k

Soma average damage per shot: 801

Gorgon average damage per shot: 608

Soma > Gorgon in all cases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdFh0dS1YNUxjRXRENnBJa1dqQ1pXVXc&usp=drive_web#gid=2'>my math

If you want to compare Supra and Soma, it's much closer with Supra barely winning in all categories having to do with burst DPS except shield DPS in which it loses.  The Soma has much better sustained DPS though.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

when modded, the weapons have the following burst DPS...

Gorgon vs Shield: 14k

Gorgon vs Robotic: 17k

Gorgon vs Flesh: 16k

Soma vs Shield: 22k

Soma vs Robotic: 23k

Soma vs Flesh: 21k

Soma > Gorgon against Corpus

And if you want the other stats...

Soma burst DPS before resistances: 19k

Gorgon burst DPS before resistances: 14k

Soma sustained DPS before resistances: 11k

Gorgon sustained DPS before resistances: 7k

Soma average damage per shot: 801

Gorgon average damage per shot: 608

Soma > Gorgon in all cases.

my math

If you want to compare Supra and Soma, it's much closer with Supra barely winning in all categories having to do with burst DPS except shield DPS in which it loses.  The Soma has much better sustained DPS though.

Go on,cry some more,but when Soma has 1 Impact dmg and Gorgon has 18,it's clear as day who's the winner.

I am trying to understand the numbers of the Anti Corpus Gorgon.

Base Stats are as follows:
Impact: 18.75

Puncture: 3.75

Slash: 2.5

--------------------

Crit Chance: 10%

Crit Bonus: +150%

The four basic Mods should the the following

Serration(14) for +165% Base damage
Split Chamber(15) for 90% Chance of twin shots

Cryo Rounds(9) for 90% Freeze damage to mix into Magnetic

Stormbringer(11) for 90% Eletric damage to mix into Magnetic

The four alternate mods could be
Heavy Caliber, I have never tested this mod before so I don't know how viable it is with a mid range gorgon
Speed Trigger, (Moar Dakka)
Bane of Corpus, 30% bonus damage flatly
Rupture, 30% to bolster the high base Impact damage which would in turn bolster Cryo Rounds and Storm Bringer add much more damage than adding another element like Toxin or Wildfire.

Before I try to math these numbers, would anyone have a more 'perfect' suite of mods?

Soma has terrible impact damage. Gorgon is impact heavy. Apples and oranges.

The issue is that Impact is still terrible.  Can it strip shields?  Yes.  But what's under those shields?  Flesh or mechanical, usually.  Which require a different set of 'physics'.

Rupture, 30% to bolster the high base Impact damage which would in turn bolster Cryo Rounds and Storm Bringer add much more damage than adding another element like Toxin or Wildfire.

Physical mods don't work like that. They only increase that one physical attribute. Elemental mods ignore the additional physical damage.

In other words, they're worthless filler in the mod pool. You collect them just to be a completionist.

I post simple numbers and you tell me to cry more? You're welcome to check my math.

Your math is wrong.

Soma has full crit stats/damage, multishot, two elements, and full damage stats. I didn't even get to checking firing rate before you ran over the total possible mod count. Nevermind ammo mutation, reload speed, or anything else.

The Soma is also set up for Corrosive, and the Gorgon for Blast/Corrosive? Those are anti-Grineer setups and the blast actually skews your numbers because it gives the Gorgon a reduction vs shields that the Soma doesn't suffer.

Mods_zps49b14650.png

I don't know if you just thought no one would check you, or maybe you're posting someone else's numbers they used for some other purpose?...  The best you could do with this is make a troll argument about telling us why you're so clever for gimping the Gorgon and super charging the Soma when you probably don't need to to make the Soma win anyway lol.

If you all want to get into math then look up the word: OUTLIER. Just because there's a wonky crit weapon out there that can do crazy DPS with any element doesn't mean you throw the whole game and damage system out the window and tell everyone all their weapons are worse. That's not how it works. The Soma is the unusual number, not the rest of the damn game.

Edited by VKhaun

Your math is wrong

First off...  You must have counted wrong..  The Soma has 8 mods on it.

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Infected Clip

Stormbringer

Speed Trigger

Split Chamber

Vital Sense

Point Strike

That's 8 mods.  I guess you assumed I had Hammershot equipped?

And if you want to get into anti-shield builds, then let's talk about that.  I could have built both of them as magnetic builds instead of corrosive, but I didn't for the reason that I wanted my math to be able to account for armor in damage 2.0 in a meaningful way.  The relation isn't going to be changing though.

Let's try anti-shield builds, shall we?  Giving Soma Magnetic and Gorgon Magnetic and Gas since all we care about apparently is shields.  Gorgon: 27k, Soma: 35k.  I'll leave the spreadsheet in that state for a while so you can check for yourself.  If you really want to try out something else, download a copy of it.

So once again, the Gorgon is inferior to the Soma.

Also, this is my math.  The corresponding https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/143895-damage-20-spreadsheet/'>thread is stickied in the Players Helping Players subforum.

Oh, and the Soma isn't even the best.  Depending on criteria, the Supra can be considered better and then the Boar Prime and Brakk are clearly better than that.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I don't know why you keep trying to bait me into build arguments. It doesn't matter.

...when you probably don't need to to make the Soma win anyway lol.

If you all want to get into math then look up the word: OUTLIER. Just because there's a wonky crit weapon out there that can do crazy DPS with any element doesn't mean you throw the whole game and damage system out the window and tell everyone all their weapons are worse. That's not how it works. The Soma is the unusual number, not the rest of the damn game.

Thank you for the spreadsheet. It's an excellent tool and things like this always help a community. Genuinely. Thank you. 

You're going way too far with how you're using it though, especially if we're going to talk about new players. You need to show them the system and how to build their own weapons and what to look for based on dev intent that they're continually balancing around, not min-max against one resist profile using the best outliers equipped with 8/8 mods for damage and tell everyone who will listen about how everything else is inferior.
Edited by VKhaun

The Soma is definitely superior to the Gorgon against all enemies - however - U11 did give the Gorgon some nice buffs and the gap between them isn't as huge as it was before.

P.S  - Just put Toxic on the Soma. Toxic element bypasses all Shields and damages Health directly.

As long as the Soma remains in the game in its current state, the best thing players can do is use the weapons they find fun, and ignore the elitists that think damage is all that matters, when the crazy high DPS of weapons like the Soma is only necessary on very high level content, namely high wave Defense and long Survival. The Soma's for when you want the game to be easy mode, in other words, no fun. So the Gorgon can do just fine, it's something to enjoy. Personally, I have a lot of fun using the Gorgon. You don't get the same feel using a Soma. So go ahead and supercharge the Gorgon, and have fun with it.

literallly nothing stands a chance against my 7forma gorgon :DD

-Maine

Props to you for going 7 Forma with the Gorgon.