Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmute Is Broken. Bug Or Nerf?

VegetableBasket

reflex guard always breaks transmutation and yields common/uncommons, could be other "junk" rares that dont get treated as such.

I actually got curious one day and tested that.  4 reflex guard got me a quick thinking.  Tried it again and got a thief's wit.  Didn't want to continue to throw away 36k after that.  But yea there's probably a .000001% chance to get something useful.

never got any non-rare.

show me where it tells it's always 100% I never saw it anywhere anyway.

I do agree that it should be 100% rare if you transmute 4rares though.

No one ever said putting in four rares gives you a rare 100% of the time, but I have always gotten one in the 30-100 times I've done it before this patch.

If there was a 1% chance or something very small of getting a common before, it has increased massively, but I am not in a position to test it further. I want to know if this was intended or a bug, because the drop tables for voids were once broken when items were added and removed, due to the way drops are selected.

It's undeniable with a fair sample size before and after that the chance of getting a common when using four different rare mods has increased quite a bit since they altered the tables to remove ability mods.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Here we go, I did a decent size testing pool just to see if it was in fact broken. Got 5 commons in a row from rares. If this doesn't say that it's broken, I don't know what will.  Goodbye 20 rare mods and 180000 credits, we knew ye well.

Streamline

Shotgun Ammo Mutation

Blind Rage

Flow

=

Vitality

Focus

Steady Hands

Sundering Strike

Tainted Mag

=

Ammo Drum

Reflex Guard

Retribution

Undying Will

Flow

=

Lightning Rod

Fleeting Expertise

Narrow Minded

Arrow Ammo Mutation

Shock Absorbers 

=

Pressure Point

Critical Delay

Focus

Power Throw

Reflex Guard 

=

Flechette

So... maybe this will clear up a little bit of the confusion, yes? All I want personally is a clear yes or no if this is a bug. If it is, great! Hope it gets fixed soon. If not, awesome, then at least I will know not to use Transmutation ever again as long as I live.

Before: Used 4 Rare Mods 10 times... got 9 Rare Mods in return.

Now: Used 4 Rare Mods 10 times... got 10 common mods.

So DE succesfully removed Transmutation as a viable alternative to mind numbing grind from the game, making it not only a waste of Money but Mods aswell.

You remember the LIE DE told us months ago... trying to get away from more and more grinding in the future?

Look at how this game is now and what DE broke over the course of Hot"fixes" like transmute or just plain and simple FAILED to develope and implement properly (like stuffing more and more orokin tech into the void loot table so it becomes impossible to get a Ember Prime Main BP).

Stuff like this makes me really angry after nearly a whole year playing this game.