VegetableBasket

Just transmuted:

vital sense
power throw
undying will
steady hands

These are four rare and different mods.

I got intruder.

Before 4 rares would always bag you a rare. This is not the case anymore. Why? Was transmuting too rewarding before? Is 36k credits and four rare mods not enough of a cost to have a chance of getting a decent rare? Or was this all a mistake when you removed the abilities from the tables?

My hypothesis: The drop tables contain a range of numbers which represent certain mods, and the inputted mods all have a range of possible values based on rarity and possibly polarity. These numbers are added in a way that four rares will add up to fall within the rare mod value, etc. I can't be very sure as I haven't coded the RNG algorithms, but this seems close to how RNG works in other areas of the game. When the abilities were removed, there was a large chunk of values removed from the drop table, so when rolls are made to find the result of transmuting, they are either over or under the previous normal limit for a rare, resulting in common mods being selected. This is exactly (more or less, as I understand it) what happened with voidgate (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110474-an-apology/'>here).

Edited by VegetableBasket

Just transmuted:

vital sense

power throw

undying will

steady hands

These are four rare and different mods.

I got intruder.

Before 4 rares would always bag you a rare. This is not the case anymore. Why? Was transmuting too rewarding before? Is 36k credits and four rare mods not enough of a cost to have a chance of getting a decent rare? Or was this all a mistake when you removed the abilities from the tables?

This was never the case,with 4rares there was always a very small chance of not getting a rare.

really? it was always random as far as I know.
coding transmuting tires must be really hard...
I mean... checking if all the mods are rares and then choosing a rare mods from the mod pole must be really hard. 

Edited by EagleRise

This was never the case,with 4rares there was always a very small chance of not getting a rare.

During certain versions of the game, using 2 or more of the same rare would give a non-rare mod, but using 4 unique rares has given a rare for a very long time, and in recent patches, you could even use 4 of the same mod and get a rare 100%.

I have every mod in the game and I've gotten almost all my rares from transmuting. I've transmuted for rage, quick thinking, self destruct, three coolant leaks, firestorm, handspring, surefooted, berzerker, melee channel, etc etc, I've done a LOT of transmuting, spent millions of credits on it, and I know how it has worked since I started doing it (which was a while after they added it in, to be fair).

I encourage you to try it and see if that very small chance has grown while you weren't looking.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Ooo.. I just have this problem.  I try to transmute with some of my rare mod Fire Blast, Crush, Link, and Desecrate and I got a common mod o_O.

I still don't trust my eyes so I try again with the same combo and i got...

Redirection (Sentinel) 

Something definitely wrong here.

it not bug.... I report this problem before and told me this....

[DE]Seline

1 month ago

Hey MasterKT,

Using rare mods during the transmute feature does not *guarantee* you will receive a rare mod; but it does significantly up your chances. This appears to just be some bad luck, but that is the gamble when you use the transmute feature.

As a one-time only courtesy of DE; I can reverse these transmutation for you but I would need to know the mods you used in the transmutation.

I've tried out Transmuting, used Rare mods multiple times and always got a Rare mod back. 

Went into a marathon of Transmuting yesterday, these are some of the rare mods I got:

Jagged Edge

Split Chamber

Metal Auger

Handspring

Firestorm

Barrel Diffusion

I even got a Fever Strike from transmuting 2 Uncommon Pistols mods and 2 Uncommon Melee mods O_o

Edited by juel2910

Of the four times I transmuted four rare mods, I got two common mods and Master Thief and Whirlwind. Honestly, I'm fairly happy with those results. But yeah, there does seem to be a fairly decent chance of not getting a rare. I don't exactly have a large sample though.

Edited by Quetzhal

[DE]Seline

1 month ago

Hey MasterKT,

Using rare mods during the transmute feature does not *guarantee* you will receive a rare mod; but it does significantly up your chances. This appears to just be some bad luck, but that is the gamble when you use the transmute feature.

As a one-time only courtesy of DE; I can reverse these transmutation for you but I would need to know the mods you used in the transmutation.

So transmute remains worthless. GG.

Check the time stamp.

1 month ago.

lol

While you're right about the forum post.  The content is still true today.

Transmuting 4 rares is giving out common mods.

Messed around with it quite a bit yesterday.  I'm  happy that rare ability mods are gone, but it's not good that we're getting common mods.from rares.

Edited by sushidubya

[DE]Seline1 month ago

Hey MasterKT,

Well if this was the case a month ago then the chance of receiving a common must've been rare when fusing 4 rare mods. I didn't hear anyone else complain about receiving commons before the latest hotfix. I transmuted a lot and never received commons. Very rarely I would receive uncommons. But now it seems to be happening pretty frequently. I get a common every 2 out of 5 transmutations now :/

In the latest hotfix they changed it so you no longer can obtain skill mods from mod packs and transmutation. I think thats where things went wrong.

So I'd say its broken. DE pls look into this and fix.

Edited by kubbi

During certain versions of the game, using 2 or more of the same rare would give a non-rare mod, but using 4 unique rares has given a rare for a very long time, and in recent patches, you could even use 4 of the same mod and get a rare 100%.

I have every mod in the game and I've gotten almost all my rares from transmuting. I've transmuted for rage, quick thinking, self destruct, three coolant leaks, firestorm, handspring, surefooted, berzerker, melee channel, etc etc, I've done a LOT of transmuting, spent millions of credits on it, and I know how it has worked since I started doing it (which was a while after they added it in, to be fair).

I encourage you to try it and see if that very small chance has grown while you weren't looking.

never got any non-rare.

show me where it tells it's always 100% I never saw it anywhere anyway.

I do agree that it should be 100% rare if you transmute 4rares though.