Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You're Going To Nerf The Brakk You Should Give The Broncos The Same Hit

jrkong

Besides the fact that it's completely irrelevant to the general reason why to why I'm advocating why the Broncos should get fall off damage that comparison is totally skewed. It's wrong to use the Broncos as a point of reference for the Brakk since they are a different "grade" of weapon. What you are trying to do with is just like comparing the Strun and the Hek or the Grataka and the Soma it's obvious there's going to be a gap in performance but I digress.

Similarly when DE nerfed the Brakk they could have quite easily added a lot of spread to it instead of adding fall off damage to put them in line with the Broncos. On the flip side DE could also add fall off on the Broncos but reduce the spread, what annoys me the most right now isn't the fact that the Brakk got nerfed as much as DE is being inconsistent. If DE just wanted to bring weapons back in line then explain why DE added fall off damage to all shotguns? Why would a weak shotgun like the Strun also take the hit when the Hek was obscenely stronger? Wouldn't just giving the Hek bring it back in line with the other weapons?

Once again, this isn't about usability it's about consistency. If DE does something to one weapon of the class it should apply to everything of the class.

Edit: Rereading what you said a few times, now I understand what you meant by "Grade". But even still: I made that thread specifically because of the latest hotfix thread where everyone was arguing about which weapon out of those three are better. People were going on about how suddenly Brakk was the weakest of the three thanks to their kneejerking, when in fact it is not.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I was never happy about the fact that shotgun sidearms didn't have damage falloff but shotgun primaries did.

No matter the spread, those weapons are designed for short range firefights and all adhere to the same weapon principles.

In short, it doesn't matter if it's a sawed-off shotgun or not. There should always be damage falloff.

What are you talking about? Its not like they were actually viable in the first place... I can't think of a single thing DE can do to put snipers on the same level as any other weapon.

I thought the guys who duoed Xini to wave 100 had a Vectis?

Even if Snipers weren't actually viable, that would be even more reason not to further screw them over.

Edited by Genomax

Considering the Brakk could snipe from halfway across the largest cells in the game with about 12-14 pellets hitting a target, the target next to the target and the target behind the target, while the Bronco series can miss enemies from around 10-15 metres... yeah.

Consistency be damned, adding damage falloff to the Bronco series would be pointless because the range where damage falloff would kick in is way beyond the Bronco's effective range anyway.

Broncho prime does half the dmg, w/ more than twice the spread... and you're not only comparing them, but calling for nerf?

Just another brakk owner whos bitter his exclusive doomsday gun isnt better than every other secondary combined anymore.

All weapons should have a falloff damage of about 30 meters.

It would make melee an actual option.

"My weapon cant hit that target because its past my fallout point! Lets get closer!... Now I can hit the target with my weapon, because I'm close!"

Where does melee come in? I understand what you are trying to say, but if you are point blank there is no need to melee, all weapons will be dealing full damage.

I swear we've nearly reached that level of overreaction where people start sending death threats to the devs.

Lol yea it's funny, kids crying over brakk nerf in a beta game.  These things happen.  This wasn't the first time for a weapon to be brought closer into balance (brakk is still extremely OP), and it won't be the last.  Even after the game is out of beta.

The broncos serve a purpose as it has been stated. Damage is not the puspose. It is status effects since you can use that huge spread with lots of pellets to hit a group with blast (insert what you want here). Purposeto me seems to becrowd control. Making the damage of the broncos in line with the other shotguns and have a fall off should be done.

There is a situation where the bronco deals more damage. Bullet attractor, mag hits a target and now all of those pellets taht would ahve spread out all hit the target. Not for use on normal mobs. But can make the bronco better then any shotgun on a few strong targets.

No I don't own a Brakk.

All shotguns should have the same problems. Either they lose damage from spread, or they all have fall off to make it consistant.

Edited by TerickSilver

This is far from over reaction. We've asked for consistency, wether that be no falloff on hand cannons (with a fair trade off for Brakk, mind you), or to add falloff to all hand cannons (bronco series are currently the oly shotgun items with no falloff)

People have been screaming:

While you're at it give every weapon damage fallof after 5m. Fix every weapon to do less damage than mk1-braton. Nerf everything please.

Many people are overreacting.

The Bronco series should have falloff for consistency, but it really won't nerf them.

Was it a nerf for the Brakk? A little. Not as much as the Hek got, but the Hek NEEDED that fall off, the Brakk did, not nearly as much, but the Brakk did need some reining in.

There is a 27 page thread of people complaining about the nerf. That is overreacting.

You guys are still going on about this Brakk stuff?

How about this, buff the Bronco Prime to have the same strength as the Brakk(and the Bronco to be just a bit weaker than that), then we'll talk.

Or, bring the Brakk's stats down to the Bronco Prime, make them the same. If you still want damage falloff after that, go right ahead and ask for it, and I'd gladly agree. But what you're asking for right now would maintain the gap between the two and sounds like it's more out of spite than anything else.

I don't think the game is 'balanced' for the level of content you are discussing...

Endless Defense, T3 Defense, and so forth...

I take my Vectis to T3 Defense, mow down heavies at great distances, and easily... uh but goin up to higher waves isnt "necessary"

It isnt, but if you want to farm or level stuff while you are at it, going higher gives you better farming chances (supposedly) and you get another chance at a key. As of Survival, now that you can get a second key after 15 mins, same thing as to why should i go higher...

Personally, I think that giving them damage falloff was a bad idea.  They should've just nerfed the damage some to make it more in line with the Detron but giving it 10 or 15 higher damage to compensate for the damage being spread between three damage types while the Detron's Radiation damage is at worst neutral to something.

Broncho prime does half the dmg, w/ more than twice the spread... and you're not only comparing them, but calling for nerf?

Just another brakk owner whos bitter his exclusive doomsday gun isnt better than every other secondary combined anymore.

Half the damage? Last I checked 140 was =/= to half of 150, maybe I'm nuts though. Personally if I were in DE's position I'd reduce the spread on Broncos and give all shotgun pistols damage fall off if that was what they were going to go with or just increase the spread on the Brakk by like 25%. Truth be told it's a little hard to tell what the Brakk's current spread is because the bullet display is still messed up so we don't see all the pellets anyways. 

Half the damage? Last I checked 140 was =/= to half of 150, maybe I'm nuts though. Personally if I were in DE's position I'd reduce the spread on Broncos and give all shotgun pistols damage fall off if that was what they were going to go with or just increase the spread on the Brakk by like 25%. Truth be told it's a little hard to tell what the Brakk's current spread is because the bullet display is still messed up so we don't see all the pellets anyways. 

He meant DPS, not base damage.  It has twice the DPS of the next closest primary.

Oh please. Who are you trying to fool people? This isn't about consistency at all. So stop hiding behind that word. 

LOL! There's nothing to hide at all, ages ago Broncos didn't have insane spread, it came together with the Hek's fall off nerf. Back when I first started I could easily land 3 or so bullets at 20m.

Edited by jrkong

LOL! There's nothing to hide at all, ages ago Broncos didn't have insane spread, it came together with the Hek's fall off nerf. Back when I first started I could easily land 3 or so bullets at 20m.

So I bet you were calling for Broncos to receive damage fall off ever since the shotguns got it, right? You were fighting for "consistency" for MONTHS now, right? Or is it just since the Brakk got damage fall off?

So I bet you were calling for Broncos to receive damage fall off ever since the shotguns got it, right? You were fighting for "consistency" for MONTHS now, right? Or is it just since the Brakk got damage fall off?

Before it was "acceptable" for Broncos to receive wider spread>damage fall off because when the damage fall off hit nerf landed it affected all weapons under the "shotgun" class and as someone with programming experience it was likely that DE applied the shotgun nerf by making all weapons under the "shotgun" class had fall off damage rather then just being a simple stat change for a single weapon. If this was the case it was logical that the Broncos, which draw off of the pistol class, didn't have falloff damage.

The reason why I'm bringing this up now is because both the Broncos and the Brakk are classified as 'handcannons' by game definition so if they are going to give one handcannon damage fall off they should do the same to the rest. If damage fall off is the way they wanted to change the Brakk they should have made it so that all weapons under the subclass handcannon ran the damage fall off method. 

What DE previously illustrated in my mind:

If weaponclass=shotgun, then apply damage fall off method.

Going by this it wouldn't make sense for them to make Broncos have falloff by doing, if weapon=pistol, then apply damage fall off. So adding more spread was a simpler and  acceptable way to change the Broncos. What I have a problem with is DE doing something along the lines of:

If weapon class=pistol+if weaponname=Brakk then apply damage run off method 

Instead of doing this:

If weaponclass=pistol+ if weaponsubclass=handcannon, then run damage falloff method.

Edited by jrkong