Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Scopes... Get Rid Of Them, De.

Evan-0-matic

I know it's been said before in other threads, but i wanted to throw my own 'hat in the ring' and up the thread count (hoping it will help catch DE's attention).

I finished crafting the Vectis yesterday and was playing around for about an hour and found myself 'no scoping' most enemies. After a round of survival, i realized that was because of the not only ugly, but also EXTREMELY obstructive scoped view.

Make them an optional turn on/ off tab in the 'gameplay' options menu, DE.

Please!

Let 'em know you agree fellas.

scopes are nice, its great that they added them

i dont think the scopes should be removed, but the scopes we have could be better, maybe if they were less opaque, but i agree the current scopes could use some redesigns

i dont think the scopes limiting your view (in moderation) is too bad a thing, considering scopes tend to that. the main issue happens to be that warframe is such a fast paced game that sniping in itself is quite difficult. the zoom on most snipers is mostly unnecessary save for a few very specific engagements 

the best alternative is when get alternate fires (with u11.5), we also get adjustable scopes, that would greatly improve the versatility and range of sniper rifles

They aren't really that obstructive, and before you complain about "tunnel vision" or some other peripheral complaint, try looking down a scope for an extended time yourself. I personally, think the scopes are quite a nice addition to the game.

I wasn't complaining, and i clearly said they should be removed or OPTIONAL.

And I have spent many hours becoming familiar with firearms... Through my career as an armored guard and also being ex-military. So yeah, i know scopes have a very limited view in real life.

I play video games to escape real life, so make the damn scopes optional please, DE.

Imo it depends on the weapon.

Personally I enjoyed the Scope for Lanka and Vulkar. Since those zoom quite a bit, it just felt better having a Scope.

Vectis on the other hand, doesn't zoom quite as much, and makes it just seem weird having a zoom at such a small zoom level. Then add the weird butterfly motif and the huge circle in the middle? makes for a bad sniping experience. =)

This really should be an option setting. Use Scopes Yes/No.

Since removing them seems silly, but not everyone enjoys them.

Agree with op, i was just going to post something similar. The Vectis has some problems now that i would like to adress here:

It's scope feels invasive and it doesn't do what it's meant to do; Sniper scopes should let you focus on a single target and on weak spots, and the Vectis' scope doesnt allow me to do that, why?

In the Vectis the "scope" (apart from being just the SAME as the scanner scope, thinking that it's not a placeholder), When you have color correction on, in the Orokin Void it kinda... just has a weird glow to it, and add to that the HUGE crosshair it has (and this is a problem everywhere, it makes it really hard to aim at long distances), and that most enemies there have a white-ish color palette in the Void, you just can't land shots sometimes, you either have to aim when reloading, -when it shows the usual crosshair, no-scope, or turn color correction off.

F*** you Corpus:

Another  issue i've seen so far is that since the Corpus' helmets are impervious to bullet damage, the Vectis is not a viable option agaisnt them anymore, at least not without using elemental damage. But guess what, the Vectis shines best with crit builds, so it's natural to prefer crit mods over elemental mods on that weapon. with the Corpus' huge shields and extremely reduced damage to their heads, you have to either add elemental damage (which in this case doesn't make that much of a difference), or just use the Vectis as a slow and awkward semi-auto rifle without aiming, because why would you bother aiming to their heads anyway? So to make it viable again i had to forma twice mine (which already had been forma'd twice before, and i still need to add the second forma [4]) and even get rid of some of the crit mods to make it useable against Corpus again. (I wonder how the hell am i going to fit in Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber later...)

TL-DR; Vectis' scope doesnt work, and screw corpus head invulnerability, snipers are not viable agasint them anymore. at least not the Vectis.

Edited by Hecadisth

I can agree the scopes are more frilly than functional but...

TL-DR; Vectis' scope doesnt work, and screw corpus head invulnerability, snipers are not viable agasint them anymore. at least not the Vectis.

Aim center mass good sir, they don't have the health pool they used to, coming from someone who uses the Vectis now.

I like them, though they could use some improvement (Vulkar's scope is RIDICULOUS).

I couldn't really use sniper rifles much before because the sudden shift of FoV made me sick. Now with the sniper scopes I don't have that problem, since they provide a manner of "tunnel vision" instead of simple zoom in of the entire screen. So please don't say to get rid of them when they can be kept and just improved.

Or make them optional.

Edited by LocoWithGun