Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On The Topic Of Nerfs

bones7056

So the brakk got a huge nerf, i know everyone is sick of hearing about it so ill save you some time by not ranting and go into the why. 

From what i have heard it's DPS was to high, also it was an exclusive/hard to get weapon, did not help the nerf.

Well this got me thinking. i remember reading many threads about people saying that Damage 2.0 was good and even though i still dont love it its not horrible. it really does give just about every weapon a moment to shine. 

But the nerf on the brakk "to high DPS" on top of "every weapons moment to shine"  got me thinking why stop with the brakk? 

If DE wants to nerf weapons that can really destroy almost anything without a hint of problem, they cant just do the one because  of all the people who dont have the brakk. very biased DE. also not the greatest idea to screw over long time players in favor of new players. 

So if they really want to nerf things with to high DPS ill save you some time DE

ignis

orgris 

synapse

Notice all Rank restricted items, and clan weapons. 

Besides the people who just love to disagree with any post on the forums because you have to be right, feedback would be nice (in a constructive manor)

i.e. no because the brakk didnt get nerfed it was a buff! (real convo i had with someone because they always have to disagree) 

So the brakk got a huge nerf

T7u6Em7.gif

Yes because being closer to enemy is a huge nerf.

I do agree though certain announcements should be made prior to such things especially when they contradict what has been stated, "We will never nerf the Soma" as an example.

Stop overreacting things.

And no i'm not a Nerfherder i prefer the majestic Bantha.

Edited by Morgax

The issue with the nerf isn't the DPS. Brakk still does very high DPS after the nerf. The issue is, you have to be standing directly beside the target to do so. The shotgun dropoff in this game is the issue and the Brakk nerf went over the top with it. 10 meters? How does a pellet lose so much momentum over the distance of 10 meters? At the 20 meter mark the Brakk might as well not be firing anything. It doesn't make any sense. 

The brakk wasn't nerfed because it had ~2-3 times the DPS of the next highest DPS sidearm (although that might have helped with their decision), was a shotgun that worked as a sniper.

It retains that DPS still (although more focused on impact damage now), you just gotta get closer.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I think that DE should focus on creating more game types. Specifically that make higher level players (like myself) have a decent challenge and have fun (like custom games) without the worry of farming.

I feel that nerfing weapons is the least of my worries.

Anyways, i agree sort of. If they nerf the brakk nerf everything else or just make things more rank restricted. You unlock everything by mastery 7, personally they should add more OP weapons but they are only for m10 and up.

Edited by TraparDensity

Got it and u are rifght... what pains me is that we are talking about mastery rank or event exclusive weapons.

Be it one way or the other DE is nerfing weapons that required dedication to gain acess and alot of materials, forma and sweat to build.

Imo DE should really about what its doing with all these nerfs. A S#&$ storm will come their way if more weapons fall into the fate of the Acrid and Brakk.

Edited by Bazools

If DE wants to nerf weapons that can really destroy almost anything without a hint of problem, they cant just do the one because  of all the people who dont have the brakk. very biased DE. also not the greatest idea to screw over long time players in favor of new players. 

So if they really want to nerf things with to high DPS ill save you some time DE

ignis

orgris 

synapse

Such passive aggressive. Wow. And the Brakk was event only these weapons you can get as long as you play the game. While the ignis could use a slight range nerf (maybe boost the mod that boosts range to counter balance). This thread is just another ranting about the brakk being nerfed.

ignis

orgris 

synapse

No

But devs, feel free to nerf Nova

Why isn't the Soma on that list?

OMG stop.  Stops giving them ideas. 

All I know is there are no reasons to use any potato or forma anymore.  I no longer trust DE's stance on weapon balance and will stop wasting money.  At least when this game dies, I can save a few bucks.

Such passive aggressive. Wow. And the Brakk was event only these weapons you can get as long as you play the game.  While the ignis could use a slight range nerf (maybe boost the mod that boosts range to counter balance).

Really? So you are saying as long as it's not event only and something YOU can get, it's ok?  But anything you can't get needs nerf?  I hope you don't use the lato.  Don't want the game balanced around that.

Have you even used Ignis?  It's already a close range weapon.  "Boost the mod that boost range"? For weapons????  Now I know you have no clue what you are talking about.  Nerf something but boost it back up to the same place?  Just so you know, not making a post does the same thing, nothing. 

Anyways, i agree sort of. If they nerf the brakk nerf everything else or just make things more rank restricted. You unlock everything by mastery 7, personally they should add more OP weapons but they are only for m10 and up.

^This is a Word

if the game gets to much catered around the venus/mars players this game wont have long time players for too long.

This will result in a short life period of warframe.

i also find myself missing some nice really OP weapons restricted to rank 10 or higher.

Also i want everyone to notice tha the nerf politics of the forum trolls just ruins the game for us long term players

when i fight lvl 75+ enemies i want and need strong weapons I dont care at this point anymore about the lowbies on earth or ceres crying around that the game is to hard or weapons to strong.

I always adressed it to the nerfers and i do it again, if you want balance go play chess or starcraft 1. There you have your balance but in this Coop vs AI fun is what matters.

DE if you read this what matters truly in your game is !FUN! and i get my fun in endgame(high level enemies) and using formas on good weapons not a kind of S#&$ty balance that turns weapon into crap.

But when I look at the recent nerf politics i doubt that i ever gonna buy a forma or potatoe again.

And Steve if you read this there are some people that want to harm this game with crap suggestions/nerfs they come up with in the forum over and over again just for the bad of the game.

If you dont believe me watch the names closley and check their history and you will know.

Edited by zzang

T7u6Em7.gif

Yes because being closer to enemy is a huge nerf.

I do agree though certain announcements should be made prior to such things especially when they contradict what has been stated, "We will never nerf the Soma" as an example.

Stop overreacting things.

And no i'm not a Nerfherder i prefer the majestic Bantha.

i love how that is all you read, when literally the thing right after it was the point, so yes you are defiantly a nerfherder. pick one line out of context to use it as the exact opposite. you sir should go into politics 

I think that DE should focus on creating more game types. Specifically that make higher level players (like myself) have a decent challenge and have fun (like custom games) without the worry of farming.

I feel that nerfing weapons is the least of my worries.

embolist says hellow