Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critedycrit-Crit?

trazard

I don't know if this was spoken about before (wich means I didn't find anything about it on the first look), but i noticed that crits on weakspots seem to increase damage even further than regular ones. I did not actually chec if a increased critical multiplier would change something about the additional multiplier.

Has anyone someone actual knowledge about the mechanics, or is it a random gift for crit-loving snipers, that should not be spoken about in public??

I took a little modded Aklex and tried my luck on mercury.
Here take these pictures i am to lazy to edit into a format that actually shows readable numbers:

regular headshot: 1015 damage
nIvsG1o.jpg

critical headshot: 4062 damage
chWTXyp.jpg

yes. Crits are pretty absurd currently. far, FAR more powerful than they were previously. 

with many of my guns, the normal shots will take a reasonable chunk of their health, but a Crit? even if it's only like ~3x the damage of a normal shot, ded. 

Crits are quite wonky. (which is also probably a part of why Soma is so awkward right now, since it's always Critting - even Synapse doesn't do quite that much since it has drastically lower damage per 'shot' and a lower Crit Multiplier).

if these Crits are actually intended, all this does is make Crit weapons better than non-Crit weapons in every possible way.

which is Armor Ignoring weapons all over again, but just Crits instead. so then Crit weapons would be the only ones that should be used.

well yeah. Crit hits multiply damage by the crit modifier. Crits can occur any time you hit an enemy, the higher your crit chance the more often you get crits, higher the multiplier, the more damage a crit does. 

It is the simple, old school crit system common in hundreds, if not thousands of games.

are u complaining about more dmg?

-_-

just f@#kin kill me now

Sounds more like they are pointing out that because of how crits are currently working, there isn't much point in using any non-crit weapon.

Besides, there's still the argument that the game hasn't done anything but "moar damage" even with Damage 2.0

are u complaining about more dmg?

-_-

just f@#kin kill me now

I am not complaining, I am saying it's a gift for weakspot-sniping-with-crit-weapons people (like me)

well yeah. Crit hits multiply damage...

[something]

...common in hundreds, if not thousands of games.

I know how crits work, but it shold work like this crit(x2) + weakspot(x2) deals 4x damage

It somhow manages to deal 8x damage, wich is mathematicly not what it should be

yes. Crits are pretty absurd currently. far, FAR more powerful than they were previously. 

with many of my guns, the normal shots will take a reasonable chunk of their health, but a Crit? even if it's only like ~3x the damage of a normal shot, ded. 

Crits are quite wonky. (which is also probably a part of why Soma is so awkward right now, since it's always Critting - even Synapse doesn't do quite that much since it has drastically lower damage per 'shot' and a lower Crit Multiplier).

if these Crits are actually intended, all this does is make Crit weapons better than non-Crit weapons in every possible way.

which is Armor Ignoring weapons all over again, but just Crits instead. so then Crit weapons would be the only ones that should be used.

I have experimented on this for days now, and it seems that only firing weakspots multiplies the crit multiplier, even thoug I didn't try it with the soma, only with the Aklex and the Synapse.

What is your crit damage multiplier on your Aklex in these screenshots?

If it's 4x nothing is out of the ordinary

Edit:

I know how crits work, but it shold work like this crit(x2) + weakspot(x2) deals 4x damage
It somhow manages to deal 8x damage, wich is mathematicly not what it should be

Then it seems the 2x headshot multiplier is getting counted twice

Edited by HumboldtZ

What is your crit damage multiplier on your Aklex in these screenshots?

If it's 4x nothing is out of the ordinary

I am quite shure it's not possible to obtain a crit multiplier of x4 with the Aklex, and if it is, I haven't found the way yet.

The whole point of this thread is that crits do more damage than they should do, and what to do to explan/exploit this.

I have experimented on this for days now, and it seems that only firing weakspots multiplies the crit multiplier, even thoug I didn't try it with the soma, only with the Aklex and the Synapse.

yes, only Weakpoints create these results. which is normally the head, which is normally where i aim anyways. 

weapons like Soma easily hit enemies in the head for almost 6000 dmg (each shot), and that's with my not so perfect mods on Soma :/

(from body shots of like 1000)

and Lanka hitting enemies in the head for 15,000+, heh. (low number actually, latron Prime can hit enemies in the head for ~15,000 on it's own, Lanka is certainly a lot higher, but i can't recall exactly how high).

Uh-uh... a gun is god? Better nerf it!

or trying to correct what seems very clearly a mathematical error.

if you don't like balance, that's fine. but Forums are for constructive criticism, not crying whenever something that was unintentionally a certain way is mended to be the right way. 

you may cry in Off Topic about mathematical errors being fixed. because it is not actually related to Warframe.

I am quite shure it's not possible to obtain a crit multiplier of x4 with the Aklex, and if it is, I haven't found the way yet.

The whole point of this thread is that crits do more damage than they should do, and what to do to explan/exploit this.

well, you could get 4.4x, if you used Target Cracker and Hollow Point.

2.0 * 1.6 == 3.2 

3.2 - 2.0 == 1.2

2.0 + 1.2 + 1.2 == 4.4.

but this is far from the only weapon having these types of issues, all Critting weapons do, regardless of their statistics. 

Edited by taiiat

Yep, noticed it too: HUGE numbers popping out of nowhere on headshot crits.

Prolly a bug tho

Keep in mind all the elemental procs deal massive damage.

I was doing 107k crit headshots on Infested with my Viral Lanka, or 55k crits on non headshots. Normal damage was something like 5800.

It seems like the procs deal 10x damage what a normal hit would do.

Keep in mind all the elemental procs deal massive damage.

I was doing 107k crit headshots on Infested with my Viral Lanka, or 55k crits on non headshots. Normal damage was something like 5800.

It seems like the procs deal 10x damage what a normal hit would do.

Yeah, I was suspecting it has something to do with procs.

But in OP ss, it doesn't seem to be a proc (no icon)

Still weird tho. I doubt it's intended. 

And weakpoint crits are what make the Grakata a usable, and deadly weapon.

wouldn't that just be easier to adjust the Crit stats of Grakata? rather than changing the entire game, and boosting all of the guns with usable Crits? because then Grakata doesn't really get any 'better' than the other guns, still in the same spot :p