Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing Sides

Driftwood

During the Gravidus Dilemma, I felt kind of conflicted about choosing whether to help the corpus or the grineer; both of these groups were extremely hostile enemies of the tenno and more than likely would kill a few cryo'd tenno because we helped them out. But it was one event, so I thought "oh well" and just sort of picked the side with the weapon I thought was cooler looking.

Now that these invasions are back, that whole moral conflict is coming back with it. I really like the idea of these invasions, but the corpus/grineer thing is a false dichotomy. Let the Tenno take some ground.

Could we maybe get the option to play through these contested zones on neither side? Like, just throw me in the level with both the grineer and the corpus and let me take out both sides. It's clearly the moral high ground, so perhaps always have this option come with a reduced reward, but different metagame consequences. 

Erm, you're talking about wiping out hundreds of Grineer/Corpus.

who are actively trying to wipe US out

whole point of these is for a reward, if they werent , they would just another bog standard exterminate.

I'm not saying no reward for taking the tenno side, I'm saying reduced reward and a different consequence in the overall star map. Perhaps increased drop rates or experience gains in levels controlled by tenno. Having to choose between personal gain and faction-wide gain adds an interesting layer to the game. 

Consider we have no idea what happens if we help a certain side, the notion of consequence is non-existent. Its just alerts 3.0...

Good point, we'll have to wait until one of these things finishes to see if there's actually any consequences to one side winning over the other. I'm of the opinion that it should affect stuff, and that tenno taking territory should be one of the outcomes.

who are actively trying to wipe US out

Well yeah, that's what everybody says. In war, the other side is always the bad guy, so we have to kill them before they kill us. Looking at it from the opposite perspective, the Tenno are trying to wipe the Corpus/Grineer out, so they're justified in trying to kill us.

DE has given us the opportunity to remove one of the 3 factions with this update. I have stated this before, Tenno can handle Grineer. we KNOW this. It will be a rough battle at the end but we can eradicate Grineer by ourselves right now. The Corpus... as the saying goes

"kill him as a child...do not let him grow into a man"

we MUST eliminate Corpus from the field now. In every game there is the faction that starts slow but once they get going NOTHING can stand against them. That is Corpus this game. Exterminate them now before it is too late. The Infested I am not too worried about atm... they WILL spiral out of control at some point, but we will reduce their number SIGNIFICANTLY once we guide it towards a conflict with Grineer. I believe Grineer can either wipe out or at least severely reduce infestation levels before we Tenno move in and mercy kill the remainders of both.

Tenno battle plan is thus

1. Let Infested drive ALL CORPUS from the system

2. Let Grineer battle it out with Infested until both sides are severely weakened

3. Tenno (equipped with Ether mele weapons, read description if you don't know why) cleanse the remainder

4. Tenno rule supreme and usher in peace and tranquility for thousands of years. Keep Conclave and other venues for training and rememberance of the old ways

I see the usual weak, feeble, short sighted and disloyal members of our Tenno clan are at it again, begging for the pocket change of the Grineer and Corpus and selling out the Tenno for Judas' gold coins... inevitable I suppose. But we have a real chance here to FORCE the devs here... it is OUR story and we can directly influence what happens. Just requires some of us to perform some maintenance on our intestinal fortitude parameter, grow some stones, and take our ADD meds.

DE has given us the opportunity to remove one of the 3 factions with this update. I have stated this before, Tenno can handle Grineer. we KNOW this. It will be a rough battle at the end but we can eradicate Grineer by ourselves right now. The Corpus... as the saying goes

"kill him as a child...do not let him grow into a man"

we MUST eliminate Corpus from the field now. In every game there is the faction that starts slow but once they get going NOTHING can stand against them. That is Corpus this game. Exterminate them now before it is too late. The Infested I am not too worried about atm... they WILL spiral out of control at some point, but we will reduce their number SIGNIFICANTLY once we guide it towards a conflict with Grineer. I believe Grineer can either wipe out or at least severely reduce infestation levels before we Tenno move in and mercy kill the remainders of both.

Tenno battle plan is thus

1. Let Infested drive ALL CORPUS from the system

2. Let Grineer battle it out with Infested until both sides are severely weakened

3. Tenno (equipped with Ether mele weapons, read description if you don't know why) cleanse the remainder

4. Tenno rule supreme and usher in peace and tranquility for thousands of years. Keep Conclave and other venues for training and rememberance of the old ways

I see the usual weak, feeble, short sighted and disloyal members of our Tenno clan are at it again, begging for the pocket change of the Grineer and Corpus and selling out the Tenno for Judas' gold coins... inevitable I suppose. But we have a real chance here to FORCE the devs here... it is OUR story and we can directly influence what happens. Just requires some of us to perform some maintenance on our intestinal fortitude parameter, grow some stones, and take our ADD meds.

My inner Darvo says that this is a non-profitable idea (money-wise anyway), and thus I shall not follow your plan.

Sure, from a moral and lore standpoint, it's a bit weird to either help or stop an invasion of a planet by a faction. But mechanically, it's actually a way for people to obtain rare materials or credits, both of which have been critiqued as how hard they are to come by now. Since you get to pick the reward you want (remember, it's something that has been requested a lot in the past and now it's finally in), you have a 'little' control outside of the RNG on ressource management.

I mean, seriously, option between Neurodes and 75k credits? Yeah, take your pick on what you need most. Gameplay and story segregation, guys.