Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta? Penta! Penta!

Liverslices

Just built it, and *cough* rushed it *cough*

I was always a fan of the demo man from Team Fortress 2, and this is very close to what he could dish out. I did a little bit of gameplay and I kinda figured out its base stats.

Damage:

75 Impact (when grenade hits target)

~300 Blast (when grenade explodes, unsure of number help?)

10% Proc chance (I believe this is both bounce and explosion)

Crit chance while bouncing?

Crit chance when exploding?

Pros:

High damage

Decent proc chance

Blast radius is good, allows multiple hits

Can shoot up to 5 grenades at once, one by one without exploding

Can be used to set a trap or hit enemies behind cover

Can use

Cons:

High reload time

Low fire rate

Ark of grenades is aweful

You can kill yourself with it

The Penta is not a up close and personal gun. This bad girl is mean to hit enemies from mid ranges when they least expect it. It is best to take it on some low level missions first so you get the feel of the grenades trajectory and bounce. Once you do you will be able to blow tight groups of enemies to bits. It is best with close groups, because you can get more damage per grenade, but you can also use it on single enemies just fine.

As I level it more I will be posting the build I find most useful. Please help by posting your thoughts and tips!

A tip to everyone. Learn your geometry. Banking shots and arcing them to upper platforms is so satisfying. 
It is also possible to have a grenade bounce off a foe and hit them again for double the impact damage.  

What else to offer. I suppose a combination of Shred+Speed Trigger will help get a tighter cluster of grenades, but that would be a very expensive combo. 

Keep in mind the maximum number of active grenades is 5. If you use multishot to set up traps, you may inadvertently delete some of your older grenades. It is advisable to use speed trigger over shred, as shred provides no additional bonuses over speed trigger, unless you simply want to stack speed bonuses.

The Penta is disgustingly good versus various factions, but very powerful against the Infested due to its blast damage.

It is inadvisable to use it against the Grineer, as the Grineer tend not to cluster up like the Corpus and Infested.

Edited by Vaskadar

It one shots multiple targets in a single blast!  That's obviously OP!

And you can kill yourself with it pretty dam easy, the arc is very high, and the range is limited, plus you have to know where to aim or you can have a misfire and lose sight of it. OP? Nope, just meant for long range fun, and short range mortar strikes.

Best frame combo with this weapon is Mag. Having trouble with (S)AladV and Zanuka? Bullet Attractor (S)AladV and then just spam fire grenades until you can't anymore, then boom, repeat. Zanuka goes to revive AladV and gets caught in the fire. Repeat until both are dead.