Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Pronounced "orokin" Incorrectly.

VegetableBasket

George, or whoever reads this, go ask Steve how Orokin is pronounced, he say it like "Oro-kin." Rebecca says it like "or-O-kin"

This was debated on a livestream and Steve explained the pronunciation, I'd find a timestamp but I feel like that's a little unnecessary. I specifically heard this in the line in Grineer Mobile Defense where she talks about an orokin artifact (the cryopod on the train) but it was also heard in derelicts when talking about the corrupted mods.

Am I too much of a nerd for posting about this?

Edited by VegetableBasket

Well, that or Steve can say that he was wrong the whole time and that Geoff had it right all along (he started saying it like that on streams and I think it caught on).

I gotta go dig up that clip now, also thanks for the quick reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SesYNaURgLw&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSesYNaURgLw&has_verified=1'>here's Geoff saying it, I'll find Steve correcting him in a second.

Steve saying Orokin, still finding the clip of the debate

Edited by VegetableBasket

They rerecorded all of her lines and applied new effects to her voice. Also grats on your 2kth post.

I meant that yesterday's Lotus pronounced it "Oro-kin", while today's has been pronouncing it "or-O-kin" (and actually has been since the Derelict Vaults came out). Bit confused by the inconsistency; not sure how one person could have two different pronunciations for this sort of thing.

And thank. XD

*steps up to the mic*

Check, one, two. Are you sure this things on?

*reads line*

Oro-kin.

But seriously, that might be inconsistent in an area, that will need to be re-recorded in the actual, proper, pronunciation.

i think she mean she'll fix it soon :D

What's 'aborition'? 

Does she meant 'abomination'?

Got that while bullfighting Phorid on Everest, Earth.

aberration

/ˌabəˈreɪʃ(ə)n/

noun
noun: aberration; plural noun: aberrations
a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically an unwelcome one.
"they described the outbreak of violence in the area as an aberration"
synonyms: anomaly, deviation, divergence, abnormality, irregularity, variation, digression, freak, rogue, rarity, quirk, oddity, curiosity, mistake