Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, How Are We Going To Fight Grineers Now?

Definitegj

Make my own charts of 1000 damage of selected different types against Grineers with Ferrite and Alloy armor

dGi9YZo.png

Against Heavy Gunner with Ferrite armor. I consider Viral procs effectively as X2 multiplier as only half of the time is needed to kill a 50% health enemy. Note, the multiplier applies to total, including all damage types that you are dealing now whereas the bonus from other types only applies to itself. Just ignore the viral procs line, if you think this comparison is not valid.

iNPooUI.png

Against Napalm with Alloy armor.

Edit: Miss some values with Viral + Proc, now changed and updated.

Edited by Definitegj

So let me get this straight, Corrosive + Puncture, the two main Anti-Grineer damage types, fall face-first into a pile of S#&$ when up against Napalms because they have a different armor type and I need to use Radiation, a type that literally every other type of Grineer will laugh at me for using?

Yeah, I'm done trying to figure out DE's reasons behind these frankly stupid-as-hell changes aside from them all suffering from severe cases of stupidity.

So let me get this straight, Corrosive + Puncture, the two main Anti-Grineer damage types, fall face-first into a pile of S#&$ when up against Napalms because they have a different armor type and I need to use Radiation, a type that literally every other type of Grineer will laugh at me for using?

Yeah, I'm done trying to figure out DE's reasons behind these frankly stupid-as-hell changes aside from them all suffering from severe cases of stupidity.

Why do you entitled whiners feel entitled to a sensible damage system that makes sense? Make a better game yourself if you can ;^)

In all seriousness I agree with you, it's completely pointless to specialize a gun now because you won't have enough elements and you are forced to multiforma a gun just to be of any use. And same faction enemies have resistances to eachother's weaknesses like all ancients having different type of armor.

It'd be useful if as many of you as possible got your own experiences with this problem typed up in the thread here.

Where does the problem seem to first start? Can you find anything that works around it? 

SortaRandom has the right idea. Talk about what you're experiencing.

I can confirm there's definitely something wrong with the armour system. T3 void missions are absolute nightmares. With my Brakk I will unload an absurd amount of clips into heavy grineer faces before they die. My paris prime, which deals 563 puncture, is completely impractical to use because I have to depend on critical hits for it to kill them. I understand they're supposed to be tough in a T3 void mission, but this is ridiculous. If it doesn't crit, the most damage I'll see falling off these guys is 10.

This game is slowly turning things from challenge to chore. 

We all complained that some weapons were worthless in Damage 1.0 only armor ignoring were kings and that should've been main focus for Damage 2.0...

So DE balanced them by removing armor ignoring and making all weapons worthless... Keep up  the good work guys!

Jeezus, the armor fiasco still hasn't been fixed even since they "toned it down"?

I'm shocked. One revamp and countless updates over the period of a full month, and they still haven't properly addressed the main reason why Damage 2.0 was necessary in the first place.

How recent was this change? I often fight the Grineer for levelling and fast XP, and I hang around Apollodorus until 30 minutes, when the heavies start to reach about Level 28 or 29 when the XP becomes a little less convenient to get, and I honestly haven't noticed any changes at all; are fighting heavies really that bad?

If so, then Damage 2.0 kinda defeats the whole idea of why it came out in the first place; there were many complaints about the ridiculous armor scaling and the idea that a soldier could die in about five shots to the head, but heavies needed three magazines or so. It sounds as though we're going that route based on what you've said.

To people who are complaining about high armor on enemies:

Get a gun that will proc a lot (Torid is what I use.  The 10% proc on each damage tick results in a lot of procs.) and give it Corrosive damage.  I've been able to reduce enemies to 0 armor using this method.  Then, use any weapon you want to take out the health.  Problem solved.

To people who are complaining about high armor on enemies:

Get a gun that will proc a lot (Torid is what I use.  The 10% proc on each damage tick results in a lot of procs.) and give it Corrosive damage.  I've been able to reduce enemies to 0 armor using this method.  Then, use any weapon you want to take out the health.  Problem solved.

Are we fighting the same enemies?

Make my own charts of 1000 damage of selected different types against Grineers with Ferrite and Alloy armor

dGi9YZo.png

Against Heavy Gunner with Ferrite armor. I consider Viral procs effectively as X2 multiplier as only half of the time is needed to kill a 50% health enemy. Note, the multiplier applies to total, including all damage types that you are dealing now whereas the bonus from other types only applies to itself. Just ignore the viral procs line, if you think this comparison is not valid.

iNPooUI.png

Against Napalm with Alloy armor.

Edit: Miss some values with Viral + Proc, now changed and updated.

Can you explain the mechanics behind the Viral proc? What does it do? How does it work? How does it stack with itself?