Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, How Are We Going To Fight Grineers Now?

Definitegj

This is so funny, not.

As of U11.3.2, Puncture and corrosive no longer affect armor reduction and only act as normal multiplier. How are we going to fight Grineers and Heavies over level 30? The armor scaling didn't change in respond to that. Level 40 Heavy gunners will still have at least 7740* armor, 96.27% reduction. Edit Armor estimation

How are we going to kill them with our toothpick weapons now?

Edit: PS to DE, if you just want to avoid dealing negative (or 1) damage, you only need to avoid putting any negative multiplier to the armor column. Not need to change the whole mechanics.

Update U11.3.3: Puncture and Corrosive still don't affect armor reduction, only affect both damage and the amount of armor at the same time. Example, 75% at armor column means +75% damage & -75% armor. As Grineer will scale to have ridiculous amount armor, it doesn't make a difference in the end. We still won't be able to fight Trooper and Heavies above lvl 35.

U11.5.1-11.5.3

The way puncture and corrosive work remain the same as 11.3.3. Grineer health is now known as [Cloned flesh], separated from Corpus's flesh.

Armor scaling has been lowered. This is what is found in game by Gogge. Btw his weapon calculator is real good, very helpful.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/118754-a-web-based-dps-tool/?p=1782591

Napalm, Bombard, Elite Lancer, Corrupted Lancer and Grineer Bosses has armor changed to Alloy armor. Heavy gunner remain ferrite armor.

Alloy armor supposed to be even tougher [Puncture +15% only, Cold +25%, Radiation =+75%, Corrosive no bonus, resistance to slash -50%]

So if you use Corrosive, beware of Napalm and Bombard, if you use radiation, beware of Heavy gunner, Trooper. If didn't use any, beware of having a hole through your monitor screen.

There are now 4 different types of infested health

- Infested - charger and leaper

- Infested Flesh - all crawlers, Runner

- Fossilized - Non-healing ancients

- Infested Sinew - aka Infested Armor (weak to puncture, cold, radiation, same as Alloy armor), Ancient Healers

Corpus Tech, sniper crewmen and Bosses has new shield type - [Proto Shield] aka Heavy shield, the rest uses normal shield.

Edited by Definitegj

I'm curious about this change as well. There just comes a point where my weapons almost stop doing damage. Me and my clan we going through some T3 Defense for fun and it was just grueling. Not because it was difficult but rather because the Grineer enemies were taking between 40-90 damage from all our stuff. They had to be mol primed and dropped with a topped out synapse before they'd go down. We completed the mission but it was kinda silly...

I'm going to be very grumpy if all my anti-grineer stuff is going to be perma-useless. Do we have any indication if this was accidental or intentional?

Level 40 Heavy gunners will still have 4400 armor, 93.6% reduction.

Not because it was difficult but rather because the Grineer enemies were taking between 40-90 damage from all our stuff.

Armor scaling goes $&*&*#(%& mode past 40.

Someone remind me .. what was it the players were complaining about so much way back in "Damage 1.0"?

This, I think, describes Damage 2.0 at this point:

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2000-07-27/

Corrosive is doing its job now. They fixed it.

Hah, I wish. I tested it out not more than a few hours ago, and it is glitched as hell.

- Level 30 Lancers die very quickly. One shot from Brakk, one shot from Paris Prime, or two swings from Dakra Prime were enough to kill them. More or less the same as 11.3.0.

- Level 30 Troopers do not die very quickly. In the same run, it took three shots from Brakk, three arrows from Paris Prime, and six swings from Dakra Prime to kill them.

- Level 30 Napalms are just stupid now. In 11.3.0, I could kill them with about three Brakk shots. As of 11.3.2 (build unchanged), it takes seven clips of ammo from my Brakk to take them out. 4 damage per pellet.

- Level 30 Heavy Gunners aren't much better. In 11.3.0, my Despairs could take them out in about one clip (bodyshot). In 11.3.2, two clips of headshots reduced a level 30 Heavy Gunner's health by a third. Here's what really bugs me: it died the exact instant a yellow number showed up. Two thirds of its health gone in a single hit, where all of the other non-crit shots did a measly 6 damage each.

So no. Not functioning as intended. It needs fixing.

Edited by SortaRandom

[citation needed]

Hah, I wish. I tested it out not more than a few hours ago, and it is glitched as hell.

- Level 30 Lancers die very quickly. One shot from Brakk, one shot from Paris Prime, or two swings from Dakra Prime were enough to kill them. More or less the same as 11.3.0.

- Level 30 Troopers do not die very quickly. In the same run, it took three shots from Brakk, three arrows from Paris Prime, and six swings from Dakra Prime to kill them.

- Level 30 Napalms are just stupid now. In 11.3.0, I could kill them with about three Brakk shots. As of 11.3.2 (build unchanged), it takes seven clips of ammo from my Brakk to take them out. 4 damage per pellet.

- Level 30 Heavy Gunners aren't much better. In 11.3.0, my Despairs could take them out in about one clip (bodyshot). In 11.3.2, two clips of headshots reduced a level 30 Heavy Gunner's health by a third. Here's what really bugs me: it died the exact instant a yellow number showed up. Two thirds of its health gone in a single hit, where all of the other non-crit shots did a measly 6 damage each.

So no. Not functioning as intended. It needs fixing.

There we go. Now I don't know this guy's build but I can attest armor is broken again.

Brakk and Soma.

Not that hard, honestly.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147381-armor-scaling/?p=1745622

I used the Soma. I'm aware the Brakk still tops the DPS chart, it's not like I'm gonna quit playing but....

The Brakk is still unavailable to the average/new player. It isn't an answer to poor content changes. My Vectis got hurt bad by this too.

Edited by Redmage107

This is so funny, not.

As of U11.3.2, Puncture and corrosive no longer affect armor reduction and only act as normal multiplier. How are we going to fight Grineers and Heavies over level 30? The armor scaling didn't change. Level 40 Heavy gunners will still have 4400 armor, 93.6% reduction.

How are we going to kill them with our toothpick weapons now?

Been using Grakata... seems to work fine... Just add mods that increase damage where its specialty lays. Add a max, or near max serration. Add a max or near max damage corrupted mod. Throw some multi shot. Maybe a max rupture, and for giggles a sawtooth... maybe even fire... and lots of it... Like a max wildfire, and max hellfire... stuff works quite well on Grineer.

It'd be useful if as many of you as possible got your own experiences with this problem typed up in the thread here.

Where does the problem seem to first start? Can you find anything that works around it? 

SortaRandom has the right idea. Talk about what you're experiencing.

It'd be useful if as many of you as possible got your own experiences with this problem typed up in the thread here.

Where does the problem seem to first start? Can you find anything that works around it? 

SortaRandom has the right idea. Talk about what you're experiencing.

Rank 9 Serration, Vital sense Point strike and Split chamber rank 5, hammer-shot rank 3

Rank 3 storm bringer and Infected clip

Shred rank 2 for utility'

I would consistantly break 2k on infested, do 500-600ish on Corpus and struggle to break 80 damage against Grineer for no good reason

Edited by Redmage107

I play Nuovo Survival solo in 35 minute sessions on a daily basis with a Loki (so I can get 2 void keys), I'll report back with my findings later post-Hotfix 11.3.2.

Before that hotfix, my 2x forma'ed Penta was doing 1 damage on explosions to level 30+ Grineer heavies so I had to switch to an Aklex or chop them up invisible melee with a Dual Kama, which was still doing a respectable 800+ damage per swing.