The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Name: Infisted
Faction: Infested

Description: A infested research weapon for close combat. Infisted grant you the raw power of the infested paired with powerfull toxin damage at contact with enemies. This weapon mix with your skin and feed from your vital energy. Prepare tenno for a demonic power just in your fist.

Infisted.jpg

Please pardon my rather lacking ability at artwork. I've been working on some form of this submission since the contest was announced, but haven't been happy with anything I've managed to get on paper. Also, I felt a bit of confusion about the rules of the post, so everything but the "Details" section is under 100 words. If this goes against the rules, please simply disregard that section. Thank you DE, and I hope this idea is something to your satisfaction.

Name: Nucifera (Name may be changed at DE’s discretion)

Faction and Weapon Type: Tenno, Paired "Chakram"

Brief Description: A pair of Tenno weapons born of ancient roots. Based in use and design on the Chakram and Wind-and-Fire Wheels of antiquity, these weapons excel in close combat. All those who wield them will appreciate their power, but only those who have truly mastered them will be able to unlock their full potential and use the blades to disarm, as well as dispatch, their opponent.

Grip: Held similarly to the Glaive, except in that they are held in the hand instead of mounted to the wrist.

Details: The moveset should be graceful, but powerful. Broad slashing arcs would play to the strengths of this weapon’s high slashing damage, but short, powerful thrusts would allow for light to moderate puncture damage using the pointed ends of the blades. If DE is still using the idea of having a weapon’s moveset (or attack combinations) unlock as the weapon ranks with the upcoming Melee 2.0 patch, then this weapon, at rank 30, should work as its real life counterpart does and allow the user to disarm a single target. If not, a percent disarm chance built in to the regular attacks would be great. The charge attack could be several things. My preference would be for the character to cross their arms in front of them as it charges, and then sweep them powerfully outwards in a broad, nearly 180 degree arc, dealing high damage, and if possible, knockdown or knockback on affected enemies. However, like other “chakram” ideas posted in this thread, a throwing attack like Glaive’s would work as well.

Notes: The inner grey ring is a purely structural piece, meant to demonstrate purely how the weapons hold themselves together and nothing more. It may be kept or removed as desired by the artists (who, let’s face it, are amazing. I completely trust their judgment with this ^-^ )

WP_20140103_0131_zps6c25a722.jpg

WP_20131213_0041_zps0c6e7d41.jpg

Komainu
Faction: Tenno
Grip Type: Handheld Heavy Gauntlets
Description: The Komainu are heavy tenno gauntlets. They are large and slow but deal high damage to multiple targets (think of them as handheld versions of a heavy sword). During charge attack, Komainu are crossed in front of the player and quickly swiped outward, instantly cutting low level enemies in half and knocking down and/or stunning heavier foes.

by2v.jpg
[]

n8kt.jpg

[]

I didn’t have time to paint them but I tried to give them some prime flare. I hope you like my entry and thank you so much DE for having this contest! I love seeing all the awesome fan made artwork. Good luck everyone!

Will be posting progress shots and some of my process on my blog soon: http://peacock3d.blogspot.com/

Edited by HelioKnight

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: Rusty Machette that has Stun on it, will make Tenno scream for sure. it has option to turn on and off the stun, when it turned on, has to wait couple second to completely recharge,

Original Artwork

http://cdn.kaskus.com/images/2014/01/04/2474357_20140104102320.jpg[/img]

Grip Type: Longsword with some impact-like animations Designed by the Corpus, the Volcra is an energy sword of sorts, designed with the skill level of crewmen in mind. The Volcra features 4 blades, arranged such that the weapon can be swung without much finesse to cause damage. However, when combined with the grace of Tenno melee combat training, the Volcra becomes a potent instrument of their will. The Volcra strikes a balance between the slashing power of swords and the impact of physical weapons (and swung like them too) coupled with the unique effects of radiation.

the_volcra_by_forgotten_epoch-d70qi3p.jp

Name: Harpago (Feel free to change this)

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: It is a long staff used to grab large objects with ease, but the Tenno have found a new use for it. The long staff has tri-grips at the end, which grab an enemy hit by a charge attack. It can only hold one enemy at a time and also provides additional effects depending on the enemy held (i.e. a Toxic Ancient would cause the weapon to deal additional toxic damage). However, when holding an enemy, the Tenno is limited to the melee weapon until the enemy is released (through the enemy's death or another charge attack). Also, it is decorated with a group of spikes at the end, but these serve no combat advantage.

Original Artwork:

5FCHZPo.jpg

Edited by GaleRoar

Name: Spiritus (latin for wind)
Description: A tenno "aeroblade" that uses wind energy that makes slash-like waves in the air to the target in a distance.
it only consists of a handle and sheath.
(this is color customizable like with many melee weapons)

image__2__by_hellstorm01-d70qdlk.jpg

Mechanic:
normal attack hits the enemies with the sheath still attached to the handle dealing mostly impact damage(preferably holding it like a dagger even for a long weapon, unlike the drawing below).
charge attacks performs laido(quickly unsheathing for a rapid slash-like attack then sheathing again) after charging, that  unleashes an energy wave deals mostly slash damage that strikes enemies at a distance with a 1 meter "punch through"(ranged attack).
jump attacks hits the ground using the handle unseathed(animation) that deals AOE damage(like with many other melee weapons)
spin attack uses the handle without the seath to unlease a circular energy wave that deals AOE damage(mostly slslash)

imagesadfgadsf_by_hellstorm01-d70qb6h.jp

^^ credits to my bro HSjustAl(deimos) who drew the 2nd image ^^

{( I know there are probably many movies, shows, animes, and any forms of media that has similar weapons to this.
but I got the Idea/inspiration from the "aeroblade" from "xionic madnes" series. so credits to "Xionico" for that ]}

Edited by CleeTed

Since it sounds like the new melee system is going to have us "switching" to our melee weapons, it struck me that you could implement weapons that could be toggled between different modes.

Faction: orokin/ancient tenno

Name: Raptor (or anything evoking the wings/claws of a bird of prey)

When not in use, the raptor exists as four winglike blades hanging from a small backpack. Each of these blades can pivot freely and contains a small thruster. While no jetpack, the boosters help the tenno run faster, slide farther, and jump higher.

I can't draw, but hopefully this gives a good idea photo2_zpsdcbba919.jpg

When drawn, the  two larger wings extend handles and convert their energy output into a cutting edge, providing the wielder with dual katanas (these would share animations with dual skana, but with the remaining two thrusters propelling you forward on a charge attack) However, with only two thrusters remaining, the movement bonus is halved.

In its alternate state, all four blades connect together in order to be able to power a single massive energy blade (functions like galatine) However, without any thrusters assisting movement, the weapon's heavy weight takes its toll, and the wielder suffers a slight movement penalty.

photo1_zpse745fd6a.jpg

Faction: Orokin

Weapon Name: Retiarius

Grip-type: Whip

Weighted-Laser-edged Cloak of the Orokin age.

Fighting Style; Matador/Netfighting

Basic melee creates 2-4m sprawling net attacks. Hits up to 5 enemies at once.

Charge attack makes the net snare up to 5 enemies.
Charge attack allows wielder to smash groups of enemies into the environment.
and siphons energy at  2 energy/enemy /1s max duration of 3s.

Blocking with Retiarius adds an additional 200 shield. Recharge Retiarius’ shield using basic melee attacks. 

YBcz6Z5.jpg

Edited by DUSTCLOUD

Yeah, if people are going to whine about the unoriginality of the extendable sword-whip concept (which is rather cliché at this point, though always cool if done right), at least bring up Ivy or that bad guy from le pacte des loups, both of whom I'm sure copied their ideas from others before them.

Only found out about this contest the day before yesterday and had 6 drawing assignments I had to have done by today as well. only had a few hrs to try to do what I wanted but didn't even get close. This happened once before in Guild Wars... Are there to be more contests like these in the future?

Intentions:

Was trying to have a theme where the blade was forged out of enriched uranium and alloyed with something else through a natural disaster on a moon of one of the planets. and was going to give it like a toxic or radiation dmg theme to it. at the hilt was going to be a compact micro reactor with tubes coming out and into the hilt at bast of the blade with help keep control of the toxic/radiation flow. have a a glass revealing a bit of the inside with the elemental glow of Radiation or Toxic color. and have a meter on the side of it to monitor the Levels. also on other side of reactor was a mercury pump into the blade to to give a little extra nastiness to the flesh mobs.... because why not.

anyway: here's the failing attempt to accomplish this in time

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/003/d/7/21hsword2_blend_by_psychotech_arms-d70qluc.png

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

Name: Tyrex ("Crown of the Tyrant")

Grip: Worn on head.

Description:

Tyrex is a tenno battle crown. Worn on the head while in use. The wearer employs combinations of full-body motions to deliver swift, lethal headbutts, or slashes by swinging the head side-to-side, keeping their hands free for firing guns. Tucking the head down allows a low battering ram charge attack. The crown’s design and orokin technology ensures that the wearer suffers minimal head trauma while delivering maximum damage to opponents.

tumblr_myuzz2rUp41rsn5r1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myuzz2rUp41rsn5r1o3_1280.jpg

Edited by Llyssa

Faction - Tenno

Name - Crystalline

Grip Type - Japanese Fan

Description - A fan used in ceremonies in the olden days of Tenno. Capable of fast attacks, this weapon also splits into several energy clones that home in on the target when that target is struck by this flying weapon.  Also known for its beautiful glow when opened and thrown. Energy keeps the diamonds afloat as they are able to slice through the enemy.

30xbllv.jpg

Spoiler tag because it's a big picture.

Edited by ZeroInfinite

Faction: It's the Grineer

Grip: Greatsword

Brief Description: A greatsword built to rival the Gram and Galatine, the Grenna is the latest Grineer weapon to succeed the Machete and Cleaver. Also apologies for the garbage quality, my scanner still needs to be reassembled before I can use it again. Also ignore the background pencil work.

Original Artwork: 9BSc7jb.jpg

Edited by Anunymau5

Weapon: Mak Atama.

Grip: It's on your head.

The Mak Atama it's a Helm Mace. [1] It goes over the current warframe helmets using some magic future explanation. The standard version has blunt spikes. [2] Other versions include blade/axe attachments, [3] a manrikigusari attachment for longer range, etc. [4] When not in use the Mak Atama appears as a charm/dangly bit that the Tenno wears near his waist. It looks like a smaller version of the Mak Atama that is going to be used.[5] To equip it the Tenno makes a downward swipe motion with his hand as if he is bringing down the face plate of a helm. As he does this the weapon materializes on him as the charm disappears. Basically the same as in Bleach(anime) when Ichigo puts on his hollow mask. To unequip it a sideways motion is made as if ripping something off. It disapears and the charm comes back.

[6] Normal attacks

[7] Jump attack. One forward flip then the body fully extends and the head comes down as if some one swiging a weapon. 

[8] Charge attack. When charge is finish the Tenno stands straight then falls straight forward.

tnnm.png

rpp3.png

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Brief Description: I have noticed that we have no shield/sword combination as melee, so I thought to myself why not go back to the basics. I thought about it for a while and this is what I came up with: A set of gauntlets that creates a shield and a sword out of pure energy. I made two designs of the same thing, the gauntlets are constantly generating energy, which quickly becomes a shield and a sword while in combat through the hole things on the fingers.

Original Artwork:

ayvS2b4.png

LZW1HGB.png