Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tyl Regor Should Be Made Into General Grievous.

Sasquatchias

Ruk would have fit better as the General. Honestly, I think Tyl should be the exact opposite of Ruk.

Well Ruk is now more of a big, slow ranged guy, while Tyl Regor with a Grievous-esque remake would be agile and mainly melee.

Imagine Tyl Regor with two extra cybernetic arms leaping around the stage, defending himself by spinning his Skanas all around him, and chasing players down while doing his best imitation of a blender.

Plus if they do go this angle they could say that his reflexes and stuff are from a mixture of his cybernetics and the experiments he has done to himself/others that have proven successful.

Tyr is lead scientist looking to cure genetic degradation, and I'm guessing is close to it. That's why he has to be handsomest grineer.

True, but I like to think that he is also one of the Grineers who contributed to their cybernetic research. After all with the level of cybernetics the Grineer have someone had to have been experimenting/researching it, and so far we know Tyl Regor is one of the biggest Grineer scientists.

I hope that they don't take Regor too seriously when they revamp him. I've always enjoyed his taunts and his goofy upside-down mask; it's nice to have at least one enemy that doesn't take things too seriously when carving your player's face out.

Dunno, but when I think of scientists I usually think of guys that remote-control atomic-powered robots armed with lasers, dropped from the orbit by rocket-powered skycranes, more than people that run and try to beat you up with 4 pointy sticks at the same time. Glowing or not it's still not what a scientist will do.

Besides, Tyl Regor seems to be some kind of biologist (if he is really a genetist), so you can safely replace the robots above with some kind of monstrous fleshy being. With a Grineer face maybe.

In general, something like you fight his pets (while he keeps harassing you with his jokes), and then at the end you blow him up. Like with Alad V, but less easymode because he won't be around until you mow down his (powerful) critters so you cannot just Stomp/Mprime and then empty a Brakk in his weak face at point blank, then turn at the pets while they try to save him.

I think Tyl Regor should be a purist, since his life's work is gene repair.  I'm sure he himself has benefited from his research and may have a minimal amount of cybernetic implants, if any at all.

Also, with him carrying a skana, I get the hint that the dude is heavily into martial arts and is in peak physical condition.  He may even look up to/obsess over the Tenno in a way, since they're closest thing to immortality he's witnessed.

Tyl Regor would seem very different than other Grineer.  The arrogant hatred expressed towards the Tenno would be absent in his presence.  He doesn't want to fight you, but you leave him no choice. 

I'm pretty sure that Tyl Regor will get a re-work. After Vay Hek gets changed he will be the only Grineer boss with normal looks.

Well there is also Kela, but knowing how Hek is being remade we wouldn't know for certain how they'll turn up. For all we know she could end up being either that one attractive female grineer or the mother of all abominations. A similar thing can be said for Regor.

Edited by RahuStalker

Well there is also Kela, but knowing how Hek is being remade we wouldn't know for certain how they'll turn up. For all we know she could end up being either that one attractive female grineer or the mother of all abominations. A similar thing can be said for Regor.

She's unique enough. I'm pretty sure that she was the first grineer boss that wasn't a re-used pallete swapped normal unit.

She's unique enough. I'm pretty sure that she was the first grineer boss that wasn't a re-used pallete swapped normal unit.

Are you sure? Because she literally is just a huge black-armored ballista with an Ogris.

OT Regor should definitely be more organic/'complete' looking that the other grineer, to symbolize his role.

Are you sure? Because she literally is just a huge black-armored ballista with an Ogris.

OT Regor should definitely be more organic/'complete' looking that the other grineer, to symbolize his role.

Hmm, might she might have been put into the game together with the ballistas. My mind falters.

Whatever they do with Tyl though.. he needs to become even more fabulous than what he is.

Oh yes, they need to keep his fashion quotes alright, maybe something along the lines of seeking aesthetic perfection? Okay maybe not, but definitely he at least needs to have a reminder of his old set of quotes.

Then again Ruk's lines changed entirely with little to no mention of his anti-flesh nature pre-update (retconned I guess)....

Edited by RahuStalker

I really like the idea of Tyl Regor behaving like General Grievous, especially if they make him work the same way Grievous did in the original Clone Wars animated series (not the 3D piece of crap, mind you, but the badass 2D version). 

When they do change him, whatever the changes are,  I'll miss that beautiful, upsidedown head.

I'm pretty sure that Tyl Regor will get a re-work. After Vay Hek gets changed he will be the only Grineer boss with normal looks.

Tyl Regor looks normal???

You are seriously going to have to explain how having his head on upside down is normal........and no saying he just put his mask on upsidedown either, cause that is just not going to wash anymore. :p

You're forgetting the other grineer boss Kela de Thaym. She can also get a facelift and an event too. Then we fix up Nef Anyo on the Corpus! and Hyena!

Before that Jackal needs to be fixed, his animations are horrible. I mean right now he is mostly fine, but he really needs better animations (and possibly one or more attack(s) just to touch him up a bit.)

Tyl Regor looks normal???

You are seriously going to have to explain how having his head on upside down is normal........and no saying he just put his mask on upsidedown either, cause that is just not going to wash anymore. :p

The mask is more or less round, so putting it on reversed is doable.

Are you seriously thinking he is like this?

kcgreen.jpg

The mask is more or less round, so putting it on reversed is doable.

Are you seriously thinking he is like this?

kcgreen.jpg

Sure why not, something could have gone wrong when he was cloned, and the grineer needed a good laugh so they never bothered to fix the genetic screw up. :p

ps. I hope you detected the lack of seriousness in my initial post.