The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meanwhile At The De 11.3 Board Meeting....

Luminati07

Hey guys, just so you know. I did some cleaning up on this thread. While i get that the intention behind the OP comic strips was to make light-hearted criticism, please remember that this can still be taken as developer bashing if it goes too far overboard (which it still hasn't).

The people's opinion is definitely desired and welcome, specially when things aren't going smoothly. But remember that there are rules in place to make sure that this flow of ideas is kept intact, and remember that there are human beings on the other side as well who lead a normal life just like you and me and who are just as passionate, if not more about this game than you and me. So please, let's keep it respectful.

(and no TLC spoilers either i still haven't watched it).

If it still hasn't been taken as Dev bashing then there was no need to delete TGZ's posts, right? They weren't bashing the devs. They were merely reflecting the sentiment of the player after his encounters with the dev team.

The OP wasn't taken as dev bashing. It was borderline, yes, but some of the posts went a little too overboard. Besides it was just one post (and another one referencing it), all the others are still here.

Hey guys, just so you know. I did some cleaning up on this thread. While i get that the intention behind the OP comic strips was to make light-hearted criticism, please remember that this can still be taken as developer bashing if it goes too far overboard (which it still hasn't).

The people's opinion is definitely desired and welcome, specially when things aren't going smoothly. But remember that there are rules in place to make sure that this flow of ideas is kept intact, and remember that there are human beings on the other side as well who lead a normal life just like you and me and who are just as passionate, if not more about this game than you and me. So please, let's keep it respectful.

(and no TLC spoilers either i still haven't watched it).

I want to thank you for saying you did this; the transparency builds a bit of faith in consumers, and makes me feel less depressed with corporations.  Thank you for saving me a xanex. 

but some of the posts went a little too overboard.

so. i did missed all the fun it seems.

i guess there is a connection. when i have stuff to do in a game i am not flooding on forum. if i don't... i am making 2500+ posts.

just don't watch tlc. raw level ppv at best...

Edited by Althix

Incoming white knights alert

Incoming over-reactive mods that scrutinize every single post and delete them because of their flawed sarcasm detectors.

That aside, +10 to OP, always loved jokes with the element of truth that is used to deliver a message.

Warframe is incredibly unfinished. Those of us who have been here longer than a few months will have been through revamps of several core mechanics and realised that it is very much in development. 

A lot of the community, especially the veteran players, have to be honest become quite bored with the game. After all, there are only so many game types and really there doesn't seem to be an ingame purpose to doing anything other than leveling and getting equipment.

And the reason that there is no plot, no story, no real context for anything that happens lore-wise, is because that is of secondary priority in the development of Warframe. Basically, the foundation of the game is still changing and being developed, and as a result the stuff they consider 'less-important' and the stuff that doesn't directly present itself in-game is being, well, ignored. 

It comes back to what another player said a few months ago. DE is desperate not to be stifled in this project, as it was back when they did DarkSector, so they decided to self-publish and go free-to-play to fund it properly. And the money-making, essential as it is, is getting in the way of any real content. Because real content takes a long time to implement, and doesn't generate the quick short-term revenue that adding new weapons does. 

I like the decisions... DE is just misunderstood... look at the big picture... not what is directly infront of you.

1. DE removed the infested outside of derelicts and VERY short lived infestations, which included a lot of people's favorite farming spots.

2. They messed up the resistances when they worked very well before (some need a buff, but it was far better than it is now)

So, what's this big picture you're talking about? Invasion system? Could work, but they botched it really, infested don't stick around, and boss nodes cannot change for the obvious reason. New resistances? Why change them, "Don't fix what ain't broke". All but 3-4 of the old resistances were decent. Some could have gotten a more useful proc perhaps (or just up the chance in general, it's why the proc is ignored really. No one picks fire because of the DoT.)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Heh...We all saw what happened last time a mod proposed changes/criticized.

Yeah, Ced kinda... gave up. Shame, he had/has a lot of good posts, but everyone has their limit on giving feedback and feeling like it was ignored. Or are you talking about something else? Like the fact barely anything changed during the massive U10 upheaval? I mean we got what, a token gift, a "sale" of void keys to "replace" the thousands used wasted, and an apology (which was nice, but really, not a lot has changed imo)?