Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh God, The Stug!

TylerFreeman

jeez, now I feel like a future demoman, this weapon is a charge based weapon but with pretty cool features

-You can fire goo-like bombs!

-charge your goo into an AOE-type of grenade

-attach the gels onto your enemies, ala venom style

-carpet spread small gels for massive mayhem

-once your charged goo-bomb lands, it'll deal a low base damage AOE and then explodes with deadly results

-Damage type is corrosive

-stack your "goo-nades" into nukes by continuously fire at the same gel bomb (think of nova's antimatter drop with this gun)

Cons:

charge time is quite severely long, which could be remedied by attaching gunslinger + lethal torrent onto it. the bombs have a based time to explode and might not be the reliable back up pistol incase things get extremely intense. the hitbox detection for pre-mature goo-nades have a small AOE sadly.

darn it DE, your after my heart aren't you :V

Edited by TheAuraMaster

Dat goop.

Awesome secondary for sure, but the best thing about it is the fact they are using more unique weapon-types. (Perhaps not to gaming as a whole, but certainly to Warframe.)

Digging it.

< gets out his walking stick, chases kids off his lawn >

GODDAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Did none of you kids play Unreal back in the day? Also by Digital Extremes (and Epic - but DE did the game design iirc).

That's where the origin of this gun lies - the good old-fashioned goo gun. It's great to see it back, but it's not new, it's just a really old, cool weapon that has returned to an era of boring assault rifles and combat knives.

GODDAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Did none of you kids play Unreal back in the day? Also by Digital Extremes (and Epic - but DE did the game design iirc).

That's where the origin of this gun lies - the good old-fashioned goo gun. It's great to see it back, but it's not new, it's just a really old, cool weapon that has returned to an era of boring assault rifles and combat knives.

Haha now that I think it the Stug is exactly like the Bio Rifle! (literally, it is, with explosions over goo bursts)

Edited by Penthos

GODDAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Yes the GES Bio rifle.

Just like the Miter is the Ripper.

GODDAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Jesus. I forgot all about that gun...

Jesus. I forgot all about that gun...

Biorifle was awesome. Loved the Pulse Rifle even if it wasn't hitscan along with the Flak Cannon. Ripper is pretty much what the Miter now is without the possibility to shoot explosive discs. Wish there was a Shock Rifle equivalent. And let's not even mention the Redeemer.

So was the UT1 rocket launcher which loaded up to 6 rockets to be launched or lobbed as grenades... or fired as a cluster.... or locked on and fired at someone who stood out in the open as an easy frag.

Rocket Arena was incredible fun, even if I played UT on a daily basis, each evening off of a 56k modem. Back when lag compensation was called "predicting player movement" rather than a weird code which made it seems like everything flowed right and a 150-200 ping was 'normal'.

CTF-FacingWorlds was one of my favorite map/gametype combo as well as DM-Morpheus. And who can forget DM-Deck16 and it's epic theme.

---

Here's a wicked idea DE : how about making one tileset piece for the Grinner be a mockup of Deck16? Hell, even better : make it a tileset piece for Orokin Derelict survival or Defense missions; gods knows how much Invasion I played on UT/UT2004 on Deck16 with the RPG mods back in the days XD

Edited by Wiegraf

Got me thinking about the BioRifle from Unreal series right away and I'm gonna get this gun. Oh hey look at that Corrosive damage. Wonder if this one does more damage than Acrid does in total?

If so, it's just another Market weapon that outclass Clan research. *Sigh*

I loves me the good old Green Exploding $#!T (GES) Bio Rifle. What do we need now? Hmm... Oh, oh, I know! An ASMD Shock Rifle spinoff.

Impact Hammer

Dispersion pistol

ASMD rifle.

Dual Enforcers (AKlato don't count :P)

Flak Cannon

Stinger rifle

Many moar.

I love the Stug. Unfortunately, it seems to have some issues with mod damage at the moment. It still does a ton of damage only being buffed by Hammer Shot, but the fact that it cannot proc status or take advantage of elemental mods at all literally causes it to lack any kind of meaningful customisation, which is a crying shame for such a unique weapon.

GODDAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

I was about to bring that up.  I still have 2k4 somewhere.  But yeah, this is them reaching back and pulling out the COOL guns.  :)

Frag cannon please!

When i first tried teh Stug out, Unreal Biogun was the first thing i thought about lol

I was hoping that the goo projectiles could be recolored, like make it green, but oh well.

Come to think of it, i still have my old over modded UT2004 installed (Goes to the game folder to play some UT2004)

When i first tried teh Stug out, Unreal Biogun was the first thing i thought about lol

I was hoping that the goo projectiles could be recolored, like make it green, but oh well.

Come to think of it, i still have my old over modded UT2004 installed (Goes to the game folder to play some UT2004)

UT2004 Invasion mode with RPG Mod installed on Onslaught maps! :D