Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magister Feedback

VKhaun

Mine finished cooking and I ran in to try it out on some lowbie Grineer. First impression was very good. I was always afraid you'd go over the top with a mace and it'd look really out of place, but this is exactly the hunk of murder-metal I think fits. Awesome rather than ridiculous.

My only concern is the 'finisher' animation. It basically does the sword down-stab move and it seems to do terrible damage, relative to the other damage numbers the weapon puts out... I think that's really disappointing. A mace should reach way up/back and slam down on a target on the ground, and it should HURT.

Please consider a new finisher animation, and maybe even a buff to finisher damage. Seems really out of place to see the tenno use the mace so badly, and for a mace to be so bad at it.

Mine finished cooking and I ran in to try it out on some lowbie Grineer. First impression was very good. I was always afraid you'd go over the top with a mace and it'd look really out of place, but this is exactly the hunk of murder-metal I think fits. Awesome rather than ridiculous.

My only concern is the 'finisher' animation. It basically does the sword down-stab move and it seems to do terrible damage, relative to the other damage numbers the weapon puts out... I think that's really disappointing. A mace should reach way up/back and slam down on a target on the ground, and it should HURT.

Please consider a new finisher animation, and maybe even a buff to finisher damage. Seems really out of place to see the tenno use the mace so badly, and for a mace to be so bad at it.

Most weapons use the sword down stab regardless of type (other than staff-like weapons and unarmed).

However, the Stealth Attack? :) Made me giggle in joy! Hit in the knee to make them kneel down then a wack across the side of the head.

Merry indeed.

The Magistar also really needs more color options. It's worse then the Orthos blades. 80% of the Magistar is unable to be colored out of it's tin foil grey. But it is pretty cool with that aside. 

Mixed feelings on this, but overall I don't mind.

There's just no good reason for so much of it's color to be locked in. If you like the default look, no one has to change it.

1) If the artist goes over the max number of colors players can edit, then they need to lock some obviously.

2) Some areas might be more complex to color than just picking something off a palette. I don't know for sure, but I'm speculating that things like the stone on the Magister or the gold on prime stuff, probably doesn't go well with just picking a color. They probably need to do something technical to change those.

So what animation set does it use? The Scindo/Fragor/Galatine animations?

It uses the standart heavy weapon (scindo, fragor, etc.) normal attack and scythe charge attack (Hate, Reaper, etc.) the one where you kinda swing the weapon above your head. It's pretty fast and this charge attack has much longer charge period so it allows you to sprint for longer before you have to slow down for the swing itself.

This one fact makes it better than Fragor for charge attack for me (even with the lower damage), as I really hate the heavy weapon charge.

The sound effects are great too, it really feels like you're grinding metal when you hit Grineer.

Overall I'd say it's pretty versatile impact weapon. The normal attack is fast enough to make it worth it on higher levels (it's still melee though, don't expect miracles), you can also mod it for both charge attack and normal attack (or both at once). It should serve as a great companion to your guns against corpus, not so sure about using it for dedicated melee centric build. But for now it's probably the best impact melee.

Edited by LocoWithGun

It uses the standart heavy weapon (scindo, fragor, etc.) normal attack and scythe charge attack (Hate, Reaper, etc.) the one where you kinda swing the weapon above your head. It's pretty fast and this charge attack has much longer charge period so it allows you to sprint for longer before you have to slow down for the swing itself.

This one fact makes it better than Fragor for charge attack for me (even with the lower damage), as I really hate the heavy weapon charge.

The dound effects are great too, it really feels like you're grinding metal when you hit Grineer.

Interesting.

But isn't the Scythe smash the rapid-twirling thing? I imagine that would look ridiculous on a heavy mace.

Interesting.

But isn't the Scythe smash the rapid-twirling thing? I imagine that would look ridiculous on a heavy mace.

It's not completely the same I think. But I don't know since I don't have any scythe weapon at the moment. You don't twirl it though, just kinda turn it above your head. It might be new animation or modified one. But it is more similar to the scythe one than the heavy weapon one for sure.

Imho it looks pretty cool, it's brutishly elegant.

It's not completely the same I think. But I don't know since I don't have any scythe weapon at the moment. You don't twirl it though, just kinda turn it above your head. It might be new animation or modified one. But it is more similar to the scythe one than the heavy weapon one for sure.

Imho it looks pretty cool, it's brutishly elegant.

Oh, so just a one-handed windup and crack to the side of the head sort of thing? That sounds pretty awesome.

I wanted to love this thing, but since I have a potato'd and I think forma'd Fragor, I'm not seeing a reason to.  Identical physical damage (shifted a bit more towards impact), less charge damage, a slightly different charge animation... everything else is the same between the two.  Any reason not to just level this and put it away?

I wanted to love this thing, but since I have a potato'd and I think forma'd Fragor, I'm not seeing a reason to.  Identical physical damage (shifted a bit more towards impact), less charge damage, a slightly different charge animation... everything else is the same between the two.  Any reason not to just level this and put it away?

The fragor sucks &#! is a pretty good reason. I do love the giant hammer, but it is more for style then effect.