Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know What This Event Has Taught Me?

AbsolutTalent

-RNG sucks

-"Less grindy" to DE means "run the same thing over and over"

-The scanner scope needs serious rework

-DE needs to play through their events just like us to see first hand

#1 and #2 are self explanatory and have already been said multiple times. RNG needs work and it should not be used in this fashion of having to rely on finding super rare drops to have a chance of completing an event.  **IF** the scores were cumulative, then it wouldnt be so bad, just do a couple of runs with a mild or medium toxin since its pretty easy to find those items. But instead you have to either find 2 rare (i have yet to see 1 sun jadeleaf in the past 2 days) and 3 other people that actually DO have the Lapis toxin, or you have to find 8! of the rare plants if you are solo. You are completely at the mercy of the RNG on being able to complete this event or not. Its not up to the player if they pass or fail. And i know you just made the potions trade-able, but one should not have to pay to win a event (because no one is really trading these, all just selling for plat).

This brings me to #3, the scanner. Running through this map, which is brighter than most others, is making it tough on some people and being able to find these. Even in the last hotfix it was supposedly addressed, but it hasnt made a huge impact.

This first picture shows the immediate contrast between the green pipe and the acorn behind it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205798207

This 2nd picture.... even with it right in the reticle, see if you can find the loot crate directly below that platform

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205798136

There should be a more definite contrast when looking through the scanner.

And the scanner only activates when you zoom. Not to mention that the running, zoom, running, zoom, running, zoom, turn, zoom, turn, zoom is a BAD use of this item. You are forcing people to get motion sick on this wild goose chase.

A possible fix: After giving the items a more distinct appearance while looking through the scanner, maybe change the scanner to be a built in neural implant on the warframe rather than a carrying scope. It would still need to be put in your gear boxes, it would still need to be activated, you still cannot shoot while its activated. But it stays on constantly in your view (much like how detective mode in the Batman Arkham Asylum/city/orgins games work). You still need to focus on something and click to scan it, using a scanning charge. As soon as you press F to switch to a weapon, it is disabled and your view is reverted back to normal.

#4- I know after a long day of busting your hump at work, the last thing you want to do is anything related to what you were working on. But everyone at DE should group up and run their event. Get in the trenches with the rest of us schmucks and see what we are wading through. Honestly see how long it takes you to complete it or how long till you give up. I see Rebecca and Megan already did this a little during their Prime Time, but this was more to get people informed on the event. Even in the past events, how many people at DE did the 100 missions on the Grinner vs Corpus Gradivus? Arid Fear? Fomorian Sabotage? Play through your events to the end (as really thats the real reason to complete it), and answer honestly if you had fun after the 10th, 15th, 20th, 50th run on the same thing.

So far the only event I really enjoyed was the Darvo and the Stalker, and that wasnt really an event.

when I read the description for this event I thought we were gonna have big plants that were stationary but dangerous to both Grineer ands Tenno, we just wanted to keep em cause it keeps Grineer out of the area. Kinda dissapointed there, but if anything, yea the coloring is terrible on this map, it works elsewhere but not here. Thats something that should get a hotfix, it doesnt hurt my eyes or anything but it makes it very difficult to spot anything. Just making the plants bigger/more distinct(as you mentioned) would likely be enough.

It taught me that I enjoy searching for things in the levels - even if they're the size of pine cones, but I get burnt out/eye strain after about 5-10 runs.

Also: The Green Grineer are my favorite so far.

Really? You enjoy searching for plants that randomly spawn? You do realize you could spend all the time in the world searching every nook and cranny looking for something that never even spawned? I agree the new "searching" objective is a nice change of pace, but like with everything else it's ruined and overshadowed completely by RNG.

Scope is nearly useless at Daytime to find the uncommon and rare plant (yes, i cannot learn their names, its beyond me).

DE have to adjust the colors the objects are highlighted with depending on the surrounding brightness/background color.

In the meantime, you have to scan the tile using some dark surfaces to improve the contrast.

Oh give them a break. They are trying to be creative, and I will hand it to them that they made something out of the box. The event itself is pretty well made in my opinion. There is a little too much RNG though, but they will definately consider that for the next time, I can almost assure you that.

Even though the searching process is a nice change of pace, looking for damn plants strains and kills my eyes in no time.

Glad that i've already finished it. 

And that's exactly the clean-cut feedback we need to be giving DE.

Concept: Good

Execution: Hurts my eyes

Repetition: Better, but needs less RNG.

Presentation: Can't tell if it's day or night