Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Problem With Warframe

nitroz76

It's not a complaining post about how I think the game is broken, because it is FAR from that..... on the PC.

The ps4 version? hah.

Have fun with the lag, lack of players, and the constant below 20fps framerate (which can go down to 5fps during mobile defense, defense, etc)

My problem is that I do not want to be on the PS4 version anymore. Being almost rank 4, I don't want to have to start over after pouring 50 hours and $30 into the game. 

I want to be able to just transfer my stats onto PC and join prime access.

But you guys only support PC to PS4.....

WHY

I've gotten no help from DE on the matter. No compromise.

just LOL GUD LUK

This is an issue that requires attention.

This is what alot of the PS4 players have to deal with 1/4th of the time or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXymWuleeoc

Alot of others are with framerates often below 30fps

Edited by nitroz76

No, what I mean is if Sony wasn't slowing the update process you could probably transfer back and forth. Or even have the same profile on both.

I think that DE can be blamed too for not having SOME SORT of process for when the rainbow bridge is up.

No compensation?

Nothing?

Just PC to ps4?

They are just as capable of doing vice versa if they can do PC to PS4.

Have you tried to ask them to close your PS4 account, then transfer your plats (I suppose the 30$ you mentionned were used for plats) on a new PC account? So you won't loose your 30$, just your 50 hours playing as you'll have to create a new PC account.

Also, is your connection good enough? You said it was laggy on PS4, are you sure you're going to play with a higher quality on your computer? Maybe you'll get the same connection problem on both platform if your Internet is that bad.

They could get them in sync as they work on a huge content update.

That means delaying the PC updates, and more importantly bug fixes, which they've already said is not gonna happen.

Have you tried to ask them to close your PS4 account, then transfer your plats (I suppose the 30$ you mentionned were used for plats) on a new PC account? So you won't loose your 30$, just your 50 hours playing as you'll have to create a new PC account.

Also, is your connection good enough? You said it was laggy on PS4, are you sure you're going to play with a higher quality on your computer? Maybe you'll get the same connection problem on both platform if your Internet is that bad.

this ^

They could get them in sync as they work on a huge content update.

I love how when someone trys to explain you bring another nonsense post. Its like the other guy said, at no point has the update been in sync. PC comes first because it was the native platform. Sony is slowing down the update process so the builds cannot be in sync. On PC devs can update whenever they want, but on Console there is abit of a process to it. Why not just start on a PC now? from what I can tell with 4 hours you werent that far in but then again...$30 bucks gone.

Nah, they don't have to transfer the platinum.

I understand that

I just want all my stuff and experience transfered and my PS4 warframe closed.

Laggy on ps4 because of other people.

My connection is 60 down and 5 up.

On pc, it's flawless.

And I want my experience, not plats.

Laggy on ps4 because of other people.

My connection is 60 down and 5 up.

On pc, it's flawless.

How do you know this? Have you lagged in every game you've ever played? If so, it's far more likely to be you that's the problem, not the others.

My theory has to do with Sony making money. I do not think they will allow you to transfer from PS4, to PC because its like letting go of customers... Sony is not like Microsoft, but close to it. Why do you think online play for games you buy on PS4 require PSplus? I doubt it has something to do with DE, and more to do with Sony making money off of you, and holding their customers.

Not that I am saying Sony is bad, and it is a good idea to do exactly that. Keep your customers. If such a thing was allowed everyone would just leave Sony, and go back to PC. They want to keep you under Sony. That is why its mostly PC, to PS4. It would be a bad business move to allow you to pull an account from PS4 to PC.

Hm, I don't think I've experienced lag on PS4, maybe once or twice. When it paired me with bloody americans from another side of the globe... At this point I'd just expect them to fix issues with PS4 build. I don't touch PC games (unless it's card games, then I'm in).Their priority to push PC updates is kinda insulting, but all that says is that at the moment PC brings in more money. Probably because game's been out there for longer.

Also get this - they released Warframe on PS4 as 1080p 60 FPS games but it only took them a couple of patches to ruin it. Sony should have never made Q/A easier.

P.S. My connection is 60 down, 40 up. Up is important. Sorry but 5 is S#&$ty. I wonder how come it's ok for you on PC... 

@Arlayn Warframe and other titles that are 3rd party f2p don't require PS+ for online play. But you've nailed the reason: on PS4 you have one account, your PSN iD. All is tied to it, including Warframe. And it's not migrating anywhere ever.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_Gremlin

How do you know this? Have you lagged in every game you've ever played? If so, it's far more likely to be you that's the problem, not the others.

I'm making a video about a mission I just played on the PS4.

Come back in an hour or two when it's back up.

You'll cringe at it.

The problems are mostly either a problem with the platform ie. bad performance isn't due to lack of optimisation or anything so its out of DE's claws, Sony making any update a real chore and IIRC it takes resources from paying the team to translate as well as to Sony to push a new update... or just with the fact that PC is native, so its the version they're pushing stuff for community testing. It's like the PC version is always going to be snapshot builds with bugfixes while PS4 is solely the gold stables pushed out when there's a complete package to be sent off. It would be pointless pushing builds on PS4 that havent been properly verified by the big brother community. Same with costs. DE probably wouldn't charge much if they could help it, but the fees involved really bleed the FTP model, especially when its running through Sony systems. Read: dolla dolla dolla.

tl;dr PC is just easier for everyone involved for reasons out of the devs hands. It's not a problem with Warframe its a problem with the PS4 dev kit and Sony systems. You can't tell a farmer to grow better crops when the problem is bad weather and soil. He can try his best to overhaul things but when its the first season you won't have the money, time or experience behind you. Warframe was a launch title. Compared to, what, Call of Dog Black Warfare Skullface HD Remix and Angry Birds: Still Angry, its not really a bad first course.

Honestly if you want to transfer send a support ticket, the support staff are ace and I've never seen them turn down refund requests and stuff that were entirely reasonable.

Honestly if you want to transfer send a support ticket, the support staff are ace and I've never seen them turn down refund requests and stuff that were entirely reasonable.

Asking my PS4 character be put on PC was pretty reasonable.

And they denied me pretty damn fast.

http://i.imgur.com/VuzatDn.png

Edited by nitroz76

in my opinion they wont let anyone transfer because they dont plan on keeping the pc version around, they probably only have the pc version to try and hook in new players to go get the ps4 when the pc beta goes down. of course that probably wont happen since the pc version is so much more popular than the ps4 at the moment and will probably stay that way