Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harvester Bull$#!7

Mephiste

Alright, I'm pretty upset about this.

Why do you guys have to be so freaking cryptic about it? Why? Can you not tell us how to get him to spawn? Or would that ruin the "Myyyysteerryyyy" of the Harvester.

It won't, There's not mystery about it, Everybody knows, So cut the cryptic crap, DE and give us what we want to hear, How to get this thing to spawn. I don't want to waste my time doing something wrong.

And by answer, I mean something actually legit not a rumor.

I've been wanting the Detron since the beggining of the Gradivus Dillema, I think It's about time I get one. So tell us how to get the Harvester to spawn Please.

I'm waiting.

DE is @(*()$ notorious for saying there's content then making the players go out and learn everything themselves through trial and error. Why is it so hard to put in the patch notes "You can find the Harvester by killing X then running Z missions"? Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to tell us this? So much S#&$ about this game you left us in the dark, We need good, thorough patch notes with full descriptions of everything done and how the changes affect gameplay. Not this ominous poem bullS#&$ that isn't even a poem.

Are. You. People. Kidding. ME?

Screaming at DE 'TELL ME HOW TO FIND THE HARVESTE NAO!' is not gonna help your case.

Complaining about the double RNG nature of the detron drop is not gonna help your case.  ESPECIALLY when you deride the game designers in the process.

The point of content is the players go out and figure it out.  Otherwise it becomes a 'push this button to win' game.  That does not entertain me.  Ever.

People scream for content then when DE adds something interesting they want to know how to beat it immediately.

Is the double RNG (harvester spawn then which part drops) frustrating, yeah.

Is screaming foul imprecations at DE gonna help your case?  No.

Is there a better way to handle bits and pieces of this?  Yeah, probably.

Am I going to worry about it?  Not until the harvester pimp slaps me like the stalker did the other night.

lol, i laugh because DE continues to do nothing but piss it's players off. I actually find myself having more fun reading about complaints and stuff that's wrong more-so than i have playing the game. call me a prick if you want to, but i smile every time someone quits. This game is destined to crash and burn harder than the challenger spacecraft.

Screaming at DE 'TELL ME HOW TO FIND THE HARVESTE NAO!' is not gonna help your case.

Complaining about the double RNG nature of the detron drop is not gonna help your case.  ESPECIALLY when you deride the game designers in the process.

The point of content is the players go out and figure it out.  Otherwise it becomes a 'push this button to win' game.  That does not entertain me.  Ever.

People scream for content then when DE adds something interesting they want to know how to beat it immediately.

We will find out how to beat it ourselves, no problem there as long as it isn't some weird &#! mechanic.(Looking at you kril...)

But some info on how you can find him would be great, same with stalker. Right now we basically only got guesses that may or may not be correct. Which I personally am sick of.

You know what else is a surprise?

You got him to spawn after 2 eons, And he drops nothing.

GOOD. DAY.

bobanddoug1.jpg

lol, i laugh because DE continues to do nothing but &!$$ it's players off. I actually find myself having more fun reading about complaints and stuff that's wrong more-so than i have playing the game. call me a prick if you want to, but i smile every time someone quits. This game is destined to crash and burn harder than the challenger spacecraft.

I laughed like 1375735945_black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gi at the challenger part, it's so true it's funny. Abandon ship!

Edited by Komatoast

Is the double RNG (harvester spawn then which part drops) frustrating, yeah.

Is screaming foul imprecations at DE gonna help your case?  No.

Is there a better way to handle bits and pieces of this?  Yeah, probably.

Am I going to worry about it?  Not until the harvester pimp slaps me like the stalker did the other night.

imagine if dark souls came with a guide on how to get every NPC encounter.

also, if you all are so eager on getting the detron, just check the dialogue on the wiki:

"did you really think your support for the grineer would go unnoticed?"

now, people have gotten it even when supporting the corpus on the gradivus dilemma.

do the math, and you get it by supporting grineer in the invasions.

was it really that hard to figure out, or does DE have to give you the info in a silver plate?

I just wanted to say that this kind of stuff isn't fun.

It's frustrating, Long, And excrutiatingly boring.

Sure, You'll get it EVENTUALLY. But by then, You won't even want it anymore, Just like when I got Dread/Despair/Hate. I didn't even care anymore at that point.

Please stop making those kind of thick, pathetic RNG based things, DE. It's not fun. IT ISN'T.

Be specific because you might be wrong if you generalize it like you do.  Having another "stalker" of sorts is kind of fun.  Not knowing when he will drop in.  Not knowing how tough he is the first time.  Learning that we get to have a challenge, is amazingly fun for many players.

The drop being in three parts, well that completely sucks.  It's just a pistol.  Not a primary.  Not some amazing weapon.  Hell, a lot of players chose grineer because they didn't want a box with a trigger.  Many of us want to complete everything anyway and want to get it for the mastery.  But it is a hassle.  Luckily if we don't actually want it, we can be patient.  It will be figured out soon enough.

I can't speak for everyone, but for most people, figuring out why the harvester spawns will be fun.  Waiting for the detron will be easy enough because we don't actually want it.  We do feel for some of the other players that absolutely want it and we hope to help you soon enough.  We agree that the complex build of it is kind of ridiculous and pointless.  Ultra rare mob dropping a three part item is particularly lame.

We don't need to be told how to spawn the harvester.  We do need the fight to be worth it though, and currently, the random chance of getting the three separate parts blows.

Surprise? yes.

More satisfying? Hell no

I disagree that this way it is more fun. I am trying to get the hate/detron and with my luck I might have it in 2015 at this rate because of spawn mechanics and drop rates.

This game needs clarity on its mechanics and some actual help coming from DE's side instead of the community doing everything in terms of explaining. If it wasn't for the Wiki I would have left in the first day due to no explanation about anything at all in-game.

I know I'm replying to an older post here (Yeah.. just earlier in the day), so bear with me a moment. Yeah... it is frustrating to farm the stalker for as long of a period as I do to never get his drop, then to buy the What Stalker Pack and immediately get what I needed in the first place... Yes, I did that.

Now about you leaving there, sure, it is frustrating at first to get used to the idea, but you eventually figure out what you need to do to get what you want (yay for generic response!). 

Anyway, I wish I could get the guy to show up, but I would actually have to put effort into doing so, which I don't feel like doing right now. It would be neat if the Harvester did drop something nice (Detron or Prova Vandal, their codex entries are making me go insane in the... no references to songs because I don't feel like doing that).  I'm sure that we will find out eventually anyway, so its best to just be patient and not to complain too much. Oh, I just made a list of things I don't like about this already, so that will prevent me from doing so for a good while. (No advertising here... xD)

I know I'm replying to an older post here (Yeah.. just earlier in the day), so bear with me a moment. Yeah... it is frustrating to farm the stalker for as long of a period as I do to never get his drop, then to buy the What Stalker Pack and immediately get what I needed in the first place... Yes, I did that.

Now about you leaving there, sure, it is frustrating at first to get used to the idea, but you eventually figure out what you need to do to get what you want (yay for generic response!). 

Anyway, I wish I could get the guy to show up, but I would actually have to put effort into doing so, which I don't feel like doing right now. It would be neat if the Harvester did drop something nice (Detron or Prova Vandal, their codex entries are making me go insane in the... no references to songs because I don't feel like doing that).  I'm sure that we will find out eventually anyway, so its best to just be patient and not to complain too much. Oh, I just made a list of things I don't like about this already, so that will prevent me from doing so for a good while. (No advertising here... xD)

Ouch, that is the RNGods for you though...They love to laugh in your face :/

I also play EVE online, so I know I will learn things over time, or others will and I will leech :P But atleast in EVE all information is available through devblogs.

This game has very little explanation from DE's side about any core mechanic.

Harvester does drop Detron BP(Possibly also: Detron receiver and Detron Barrel since you need em for BP(Welcome to RNG!)) and maybe if we all complain enough they might actually start explaining >.<  

Lets all make a hypothesis here. Lets say you find the answer to farm the Harvester

and somehow you are able to gather all parts what if the weapon actually sucks?

what will you do then?

We already have numbers for it in the codex. It does Akvasto levels of dps. So its good, just not OP like Brakk used to be.

The real question is does harvester actually drop anything other than the bp?

We already have numbers for it in the codex. It does Akvasto levels of dps. So its good, just not OP like Brakk used to be.

The real question is does harvester actually drop anything other than the bp?

Now the wait until someone codex scans it 3 times

DE is @(*()$ notorious for saying there's content then making the players go out and learn everything themselves through trial and error. Why is it so hard to put in the patch notes "You can find the Harvester by killing X then running Z missions"? Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to tell us this? So much S#&$ about this game you left us in the dark, We need good, thorough patch notes with full descriptions of everything done and how the changes affect gameplay. Not this ominous poem bullS#&$ that isn't even a poem.

This. When it comes to DE's various shenanigans, I'm often reminded of the introductory covenant my Drill Sergeants made with us at basic: "We will never expect you to do something we haven't done ourselves".

It's just one of the many reasons I can respect them and find my respect for DE gradually going downhill.

imagine if dark souls came with a guide on how to get every NPC encounter.

also, if you all are so eager on getting the detron, just check the dialogue on the wiki:

"did you really think your support for the grineer would go unnoticed?"

now, people have gotten it even when supporting the corpus on the gradivus dilemma.

do the math, and you get it by supporting grineer in the invasions.

was it really that hard to figure out, or does DE have to give you the info in a silver plate?

Which actually isn't as informative as you think. First issue, runs contrary to the notion that "no one's safe". Secondary, let's look at the Harvester's closest parallel, i.e. the Stalker; I remember my first encounter with him well, came after me for killing Vay Hek, hounded me for killing that one shmuck for quite a while. Only problem? I never actually killed Hek until a good three or four months later. :-P

Can we get a mod to lock this thread? I can confirm that the OP has already taken this as the last straw and quit the game, and the thread is getting pretty derailed anyway. Let's just put this flame-fest away for good so that it may HOPEFULLY be replaced with a thread that has some serious constructive discussion (which i highly doubt will happen).

Can we get a mod to lock this thread? I can confirm that the OP has already taken this as the last straw and quit the game, and the thread is getting pretty derailed anyway. Let's just put this flame-fest away for good so that it may HOPEFULLY be replaced with a thread that has some serious constructive discussion (which i highly doubt will happen).

Mato, give a clanmate a chance. ;)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/157647-harvester-and-detron-stop-complaining-and-lets-suggest-a-solution/

http://imgur.com/SVG9ltn

Theres your proof it can be done.

Took me about just over 200 runs in Europa Farming the same spot of the Grineer Invasion (Amaros). But I was able to get all the pieces.

The RNG is a nightmare. I agree. I shouldn't have had to put soo much work into it but I got lucky. Best of luck to you all.

Congrats...Hope it was worth your time investment!

Edited by BrainInvader

http://imgur.com/SVG9ltn

Theres your proof it can be done.

Took me about just over 200 runs in Europa Farming the same spot of the Grineer Invasion (Amaros). But I was able to get all the pieces.

The RNG is a nightmare. I agree. I shouldn't have had to put soo much work into it but I got lucky. Best of luck to you all.

How many times did it appear? did it only appear on Europa?