The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re-Balance Oberon And Mag

AFuzzyBadger

Perhaps its just bad luck..but I just came out of 12 straight hours of the oberon and mag show.  Every game every room....I pick things up ...I put things down...everything is dead...look at me im oberon.  I am told that at end game it will be different but I don't think I'm going to make it...how many weeks or months do i have to grind before I get to end game.  Seriously put a 20 second cooldown on that stuff or something.  I have leveled 5 different warframes now ash, loki, saryn, trinity and nyx and I like the utility of all of them but the utility is worthless because the entire game is reduced to oberon and mag spamming 1 button.  I'm fine with aoe being used to clear rooms but it makes a lot more sense when its a glass cannon like ember or nova is doing it, at least they have to have some skill at avoiding damage to stay alive while they aoe.   

You do realize that pretty darn quickly those ultimates only take off a chunk of health for a hefty cost, right?  You don't even need to get that far in before enemy health start passing the 2k mark and your precious #4 is only taking off half of their health.

And don't even bother with Grineer.  Level 30+ heavies just shrug off ultimates while most of the other soldiers are only wounded.

No nerf needed.  If it bothers you so much, then you should stop hanging around newb areas.

I have leveled 5 different warframes now ash, loki, saryn, trinity and nyx and I like the utility of all of them but the utility is worthless because the entire game is reduced to oberon and mag spamming 1 button. 

Only mag/oberon? Nova/ember are glass cannons? And you are telling you are not at endgame? C'mon, I don't buy it.

I'm doing not end game missions with every frame basically just spamming 1 button. Like Excal's, Volt's and Frost's #4 have pretty much the same effect forever. Nerf them too? Not to mention all other abbilities - I don't even need to use #4 in most situations.

Edited by Darth_Predator

Yes Mag's Pull does need a nerf I think anyway... But Oberon isn't that bad.... Once you get to higher lvl dudes it takes a lot more to take em down so Oberon cant spam as much because his power costs more energy.....

If you still think Mag's Pull needs a nerf, you need to quit spending so much time in the beginner planets. Seriously, go do a T3 run and tell me how OP you think Pull is. Hell, go to any planet that has level 25+ enemies.

Oberon definitely doesn't need a nerf. All his skills are lackluster(yeah, even Renewal), his only saving grace is his high damage 4 (which, again, falls off very quickly in higher level missions). OP, if you're complaining that 4 skills are OP, same advice to you. Join a party for a higher level mission and you'll see that most 4's are used for the CC or invulnerability, not damage.

I wanna see your 4 doing something to mobs level 40+

Just because you're 1 shotting mobs under level 30 doesn't mean the skill itself is op and it needs nerf. It just means you gotta step up your game.

Anyone still complaining about 4 being op because it 1 shot mobs clearly just started playing this game and hasn't tried Defense or Survival.

so as ppl here have said... mercury farming is not an indicator of OPness... go sit in a T3 survival past 30 min, last 3 waves of T3 defense, Pluto, etc... a lot of frames that seem OP now become semi liabilities later. Once they go down its a perpetual cycle and it just kills any momemtum you had handling that wave etc... stuff spirals out of control.

No one likes equipping survivability mods, its all about the damage. Till you get ANNIHILATED by a pack of high lvl grinner/corpus/toxic carpet of infested.

On top of that Pull was also nerfed to line of sight only.

Not necessarily.  You can't use it through closed doors anymore, but you can easily kill targets on floors above you, or around walls.  Essentially, it was nerfed so that doors stop the ability, not that LoS is required.

Either way, I thought the Nerf Hammer was on hiatus while the Galatine of Buffing was supposed to be swinging.  Get this nerf talk out of our forums!

I think some mods and mod configurations need to be looked at, not the frames themselves.  Mag is good.  Mag with Streamline and Fleeting Expertise (she's the only one that can really use it with no penalties, F*** Bullet Attractor) so Crush takes under 25 energy is broken.

How the hell does your Mag's Pull one shot everything when mine just flings them to melee range with hardly any damage done. I want to see a video of you doing a level 60 survival mission with your Mag 1 hit killing early wave mooks.

The only time I see a Mag performing well is when she is trolling other players. See a player going too far and too fast, pull them to you. See another player doing a wall sprint, pull their &#! into the hole in the ground below them. Getting beat up by a group of rape bots? Pull Rhino dude to you so he can save your &#!.

Seriously guys, Mag was my first frame and I had serious fun trolling with her. But that is about it. No need to nerf her. She is fine as she is.

As for Oberon, he is still new so a lot of players have not even leveled him up properly yet. Get him into Tier 3 defense missions and if he top scores, then we can start talking about nerfs.

you are seeing mag and oberon because they are 2 of the 3 newest frames.... oberon isn't over powered but the best way to level him is ult spam. In fact hes the exact opposite. mag isn't over powered except for pull a little bit. Actually surprised your seeing spam of her ult at all actually.

Even so don't say the words nerf on the threads. even if you really feel it should be. That's somebody else's build/favorite frame you're calling out to be mugged by the nerf bat mugger.

Edit: forgot about valkyr but still

Edited by quietcanary

The only time I see a Mag performing well is when she is trolling other players. See a player going too far and too fast, pull them to you. See another player doing a wall sprint, pull their &#! into the hole in the ground below them. Getting beat up by a group of rape bots? Pull Rhino dude to you so he can save your &#!.

Seriously guys, Mag was my first frame and I had serious fun trolling with her. But that is about it. No need to nerf her. She is fine as she is.

What? What're you talking about?

Pull affects other players on PS4?

you are seeing mag and oberon because they are 2 of the 3 newest frames

I call bullS#&$.

Mag? "New", really?

Not even Mag Prime is new.

Edited by Knaimhe

Nah, no way.

Affinity booster + Reckoning + T1 Survival is proving to be the best way to level anything, so long as an Oberon doing that is in the party.

Nerf Reckoning? His low level destroyer is the only thing that makes him fun.

you are seeing mag and oberon because they are 2 of the 3 newest frames...

Since when was Mag new?

Edited by EganMC

I think some mods and mod configurations need to be looked at, not the frames themselves.  Mag is good.  Mag with Streamline and Fleeting Expertise (she's the only one that can really use it with no penalties, F*** Bullet Attractor) so Crush takes under 25 energy is broken.

Yeah, Rhino and Nova can´t use Streamline+Expertise... oh.. wait a second.. they can... without any downside at all.... but... NERF MAG...

i don´t know but i feel like this is a trolling topic... it has to be trolling... noone could be so stupid ....

Edited by IamSalva