Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoken Language Convention Questions

AuroraSonicBoom

Yeah I also had this question when I saw Hek's dialogue. Ruk I can understand that he might be learning (dat 3rd grade english). But I still don't know about Hek. One possibility is that, since Hek is a council member, he must know various languages to interact with other races (?) so he might have learned English. Just a possibility.

Corpus Crewmen and Grineer Soldiers = foot soldiers who only speak Corpus / Grineer languages.  Grineer and Corpus bosses have learned English, and probably other languages, as a way of communicating with others.

Thanks for the clarification. Does Vor intentionally not speak English/Tenno to make some sort of superiority statement?

Since Darvo isn't a boss, did he learn English/Tenno to better communicate his irresistible deals to us? :D

Corpus Crewmen and Grineer Soldiers = foot soldiers who only speak Corpus / Grineer languages.  Grineer and Corpus bosses have learned English, and probably other languages, as a way of communicating with others.

Then why does vay hek speak english in his statements?

Propaganda in the language of the enemy is not the best idea.

Or is it a perceptionfilter that automaticly uses the language of the listener? Or translated through an internal sound-processor in each of the warframe helmets?

Thanks for the clarification. Does Vor intentionally not speak English/Tenno to make some sort of superiority statement?

Since Darvo isn't a boss, did he learn English/Tenno to better communicate his irresistible deals to us? :D

Darvo is a businessman just like most of the Corpus "Elite". He's not a grunt.

• 2 weeks later...

Another follow up question. I just played an alert Corpus capture and the second target tried talking himself out of getting dematerialized with "You've got the wrong person!". Are Corpus capture targets considered bosses?

Bastard had a Lanka and cost me a revive. :p