The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Troll Name Tags

ServareVitas

So I just had another 6 days of hard work and grinding wasted by another batch of childish trolls. I honestly am getting f**king sick of them. I don't like players being banned because mistakes can be made, it could be a hacked account, a jealous sibling, a bug or simply a 'one off'. In saying that... Something really does need to be done about these people. 

I think if someone is proven to be engaging in 'troll activities' their punishment should be their ingame name being forcibly changed and locked for a set duration to ''TROLL" during this punishment period, every game they join players will see them as ''TROLL'' and will refuse to work with them, help them, trade with them etc. It's not taking away their right to the game it's merely public humiliation.

Trolls do need to be shamed and shown for what they really are and this could actually work because in a world where we never see each others faces and interact behind a screen a persons 'reputation' becomes everything and defines how people perceive them. 

Edit: A funny hat would also be a nice touch but I understand this would be asking a bit too much...

Edited by ServareVitas

So I just had another 6 days of hard work and grinding wasted by another batch of childish trolls.

Explain what happened.

If it's the Cicero Event, I blame you for trusting PUGs.

Edited by EganMC

So I just had another 6 days of hard work and grinding wasted by another batch of childish trolls. I honestly am getting f**king sick of them. I don't like players being banned because mistakes can be made, it could be a hacked account, a jealous sibling, a bug or simply a 'one off'. In saying that... Something really does need to be done about these people. 

I think if someone is proven to be engaging in 'troll activities' their punishment should be their ingame name being forcibly changed and locked for a set duration to ''TROLL" during this punishment period, every game they join players will see them as ''TROLL'' and will refuse to work with them, help them, trade with them etc. It's not taking away their right to the game it's merely public humiliation.

Trolls do need to be shamed and shown for what they really are and this could actually work because in a world where we never see each others faces and interact behind a screen a persons 'reputation' becomes everything and defines how people perceive them. 

Edit: A funny hat would also be a nice touch but I understand this would be asking a bit too much...

then you should ac as a group

Honestly i have yet to encounter any trolls in this game maybe i am just lucky, but I believe this will be fixed to some extent when the reputation system is introduced.

Has there been a mention of a reputation system somewhere? I like the sound of that a lot. 

The framework is already in-game for the Reputation system. Bottom of your in-game profile, if I'm not mistaken.

That said, even that is subject to being skewed by trolls. Hell, I personally, am prepared to have a negative rep because I play the game in an "Unorthodox" way that most people object with. Often quite vocally. 

The goal for this new system is to reward players for good participation and creating a desire for a positive 'reputation'.

*sigh*

you can't cure braindead disease by reputation system. it's inborn. flaw on genetic level.

DE could set up a whole server and anyone caught trolling on purpose would have to play on that one server...with nothing but other trolls. Like GTA 5s dunce server.

That would actually be kinda cool..... But i'm not sure if the DE would do somthin like that...

Edited by cman9898

You can use it to influence who you get matched up with in missions, though.

Agreed there's nothing drastically wrong with encouraging people to segregate into different groups e.g. 'Group-A: Mature team orientated players' and 'Group-B: Immature, undisciplined COD fanboys with zero patience and/or desire to work as part of a team'. We only become nazi's if we force it.... Stupid people are allowed to exist, it's one of their few natural freedoms.

That would actually be kinda cool..... But i'm not sure if the DE would do somthin like that...

It would be a bit silly (and somewhat controversial) to give a server to the bad players (i.e a reward) but still only allow the other 99.9% to use P2P systems.

If it were to be done it would have to be a limit on the matchmaking system whereby some arbitary number was used to band players together, those with a low score can only play with people with equally low scores... (yes, this is precisely how i imagine the reputation system being constructed is going to work...)

This sounds like it would lead to a legal issue... and I can imagine there are those who could create a bizarre reason for a crazy lawsuit. Technically a troll could be taken to court if there was a way to locate them, and have identifiable proof, but if DE did something like label these people in such a manner they could bring up some off the wall lawsuit about emotional distress, or something of the such... you never know in this day, and age.

Also depends on the trolling... If its like Burns Trolling which is by far my favorite trolling channel for watching CoD players get trolled all day then I think its fine, and in the safe realm, but if its constant harassment, and stalking then its a whole new ball game.

The idea of labeling is risky territory legal wise.

Edited by Arlayn