Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Now I don’t mean cartoonish sailors who talk like "YARR, AVAST YE MATEYS HOIST THE MAIN SAIL" and have parrots and frilly clothes. No, I mean space bandits, thieves and murderers.

These space pirates would often be found having forcefully boarded other spaceships,

This gives us an opportunity to see friendly space stations, and these missions would usually be Exterminate.

You know how Lotus will sometimes change your objective? Pirates will change your mission too. Every so often, some unlucky bunch of pirates will get the dim-witted idea to try to take over a ship with YOU onboard, in the middle of your mission.

Your objective would usually stay the same when this happens, but it would certainly spice things up to have pirates shooting up the place in a hectic 3-way fight

Also there would be missions where you board the pirate’s ships directly, which would be rusty, scrappy metal ships. These levels could have most of the standard mission types.

These pirates would use mostly light armor, sometimes heavy, and would possibly have a few more melee units than your typical enemy group. They would come with their own new weapons too. Some of which you could buy in the store or craft. I’m still not sure what exact types of weapons they should use, but they definitely need to have some of their own weapons, though others could obviously be stolen.

So yeah their the space pirates from metroid im guessing the boss will be Ridley? LOL jk but it sounds cool

I wholly support space pirates as the next faction to appear (or the next next faction)

"This game has Space Ninjas, Space Zombies, Space Marines, Space Robots, AND Space Pirates, all fighting for resources and control with awesome-looking weapons and armor." 

With a phrase like that to describe it, who wouldn't immediately want to play this?

Not quite what I'd expected ._. I vote for Tau lol

Wlep, I would say "let them have refitted cargo ships"... Maybe something, that looks like a lot of cargo containers, welded together... Would add to the inner aesthetic, too, with claustrophobic spaces featuring many ways around (and turrets/traps).

And yeah, I imagined orkz to have salvaged imperial stuff, or plain old flying junkyards... 

Ere we go, ere we go, ere we go.
Ere we go, ere we go, cross the Kosmos.
Ere we go, ere we go, throo infinity.
Don’t know were we’re goin’ til we get zere.

...ahem...

lol oh god

Wlep, I would say "let them have refitted cargo ships"... Maybe something, that looks like a lot of cargo containers, welded together... Would add to the inner aesthetic, too, with claustrophobic spaces featuring many ways around (and turrets/traps).

And yeah, I imagined orkz to have salvaged imperial stuff, or plain old flying junkyards...

The general idea is good but.. it looked a bit imperial to me actually, similar build to the leman russ and/or baneblade. Definitely need more pictures :P

Kinda looks like a regular ship rather than a spaceship, made me think of Silver Surfer and how he ridiculously surfs through space.. lol

Edit: just as bad as the dark eldar ship I posted earlier ;P

No, it actually looks like a big, cool spaceship, but it's too flashy and smooth to fit. 

You mean it's grimdark? :)

Well, the first one on that pic looks awesome. But I still think that their ships should look like they took whatever they could scavenge with a working engine and soldered on anything they could to get the capacity/armor/stuff.