Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Faction: Space Pirates

Vard

Would be really cool to go into a mission, run around for a bit and then notice one of the red doors is being welded on from the other side- Then if falls off and out comes the pirate horde :D

Or in the middle of a fight there is a large explosion - a door comes flying - and pirates storms the ship.

even coooooler:

in the middle of a mission there is an alarm from the ship, WARNING COLLISSION ALERT! shortly after the ground shakes massivly and everyone is knocked down.

The frekkin pirates rammed the ship. somewhere there is a new map section where you can see the ship that has crashed into the one you were on. Preferably with some "windows" closeby that lets you look out in space showing the pirate ship.

the area might be unpreassurized?

Edited by Lactamid

Spacepirate_manual.jpg

+500!!!

Yes, space pirates could be awesome. I propose a new mission type to go with them:

PLUNDER

The Tenno need additional financial and natural resources to keep up the campaign against the Grineer and the Corpus. They would send Tenno to a pirate vessel to find the main cargo hold and plant explosives to blow the entire cargo bay out of the pirate vessel to allow Tenno ships to steal it. Plus, we'd get a chance to fight off the last of the pirates in a vaccum. I love the vaccum effects in the current Grineer maps, so this would be vaccum areas squared.

Also, Corpus, being robots under the control of a trading empire, would be ripe targets for Pirate assault.

Edited by SFkenny

A sentinal named parrot that has a perspect called "mimicry" which gives a small chance to mimic owners last power use?? (Not ulti)

this could be a good idea....

I really like the idea of a sentinel that sits on the shoulder.

A subtle reference to an actual parrot

and i REALLY REALLY like the idea for the harpoon gun.

Id imagine it be single shot.  A large projectile that moves SLOWER than Paris shots. Deals more damage, and has a long reload timer, and use Sniper rifle ammo. 

(or perhaps a new "Special" ammo type that would be shared by other new weapons like rocket/grenade launchers)

Edited by Vard

There can never be Space Pirates, because as we all know Pirates > Ninjas.

Why you ask?  They have busty wenches!  What do ninjas have?  Dark pajamas and wander around alone in the shadows.  Lame.

On topic, the idea of a Pirate-esque faction and more 3 way fights during mission is very cool. 

It would be even easier to vilify them if in addition to the looting and plundering they were involved in some kind of interstellar slave and drug trade that would obviously merit being taken down and attacked.

I don't imagine all grineer and Corpus run around in their respective space suits and that somewhere there are civilians in normal future man clothes that make tempting targets for people that live outside the already non-existent law.

There can never be Space Pirates, because as we all know Pirates > Ninjas.

Why you ask?  They have busty wenches!  What do ninjas have?  Dark pajamas and wander around alone in the shadows.  Lame.

On topic, the idea of a Pirate-esque faction and more 3 way fights during mission is very cool. 

It would be even easier to vilify them if in addition to the looting and plundering they were involved in some kind of interstellar slave and drug trade that would obviously merit being taken down and attacked.

I don't imagine all grineer and Corpus run around in their respective space suits and that somewhere there are civilians in normal future man clothes that make tempting targets for people that live outside the already non-existent law.

Well, we seen grineer 'civilians' sometimes, dead around if the 'munision storage becomes volatile'.

I don't exactly think the pirats should be an outright "we deserve to be taken down" faction. Like I already suggested, they could be returning colonists, or just the people, who were stranded into space by grineer, and now adopt piracy as the way of living. It would be deeper, I guess.

Bonus points for busty wenches in form-fitting spacesuits beneath their armour.

It could be a faction that barges in through outer doors with burst-fire shotguns, that are made to pulverise anything in direct vicinity, and some weaponry, that suggests they have to build from scavenge, just like tenno actually do... Harpoon guns, short-range plasma cutters as powerfull melee, sidearm, that projects shield in it's facing direction, a rivet gun... And, of course, for their ships, we would get quick, but crunchy crew, many traps and just plain killboxes with heavy turrets, firing positions (since the crew is crunchy), and, occasionally, a hulkingly huge mech with heavy guns.