The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Pc Version At Max Settings Look The Same As The Ps4 Version?

lautalocos

PC version has no Max Settings. you can keep going higher.

Proof

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spazznid/sets/72157633932020359/

That's my Flickr Gallery with 4K Screenshots. You can go higher than 4K. That's what PC is all about. Even if you can't push the graphics with your current system, you eventually will.

I love my PS4, but I play at 4K on PC with 50-60 fps.

a GTX 770 isn't too expensive. I run a 780, but they're very similar.

PC version has no Max Settings. you can keep going higher.

Proof

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spazznid/sets/72157633932020359/

That's my Flickr Gallery with 4K Screenshots. You can go higher than 4K. That's what PC is all about. Even if you can't push the graphics with your current system, you eventually will.

I love my PS4, but I play at 4K on PC with 50-60 fps.

a GTX 770 isn't too expensive. I run a 780, but they're very similar.

did you mess with the ini. files?

what is your configuration?

PC will always beat console. In saying that though.... PS4 will look better than my PC because I run the game in 450x700 resolution, lowest graphical settings, absolutely everything turned off. When I see warframe on youtube it really looks like a different game.... :/

I guess I can understand wanting beautiful aesthetics and graphics as much as anyone else, but after years of having a Pentium 4 and 512 MB of RAM before finally getting a halfway decent laptop; I can assuredly say that I'd much prefer frame rate over graphical details.

yup, back in my UT99 clan days, id always prefer high fps, the combo of a good pc/gfx setup with my then 120hz crt monitor was just pure joy to game with.

even now its followed me, i want my games to run as fast as possible, i dont care how the game looks, given that i also regulrly play my old c64/amiga games, not because tey look fantastic or anything, but because they play well and are nice and rapid.

Honestly who cares, if YOU enjoy it more on either then that is good enough for me. I don't understand all this PC master race crap, i have both and i use them both for different reasons. End of.

I play Warframe more on the PS4 because its relaxing to play and i have no desire to sit in a chair 3cm away from my screen. I use my PC for FPS games where i enjoy sitting on a chair, 3cm away from my screen and the bonus of using a keyboard and mouse.

PREFERENCE.

Edited by (PS4)InVaLiD94

Honestly who cares, if YOU enjoy it more on either then that is good enough for me. I don't understand all this PC master race crap, i have both and i use them both for different reasons. End of.

I play Warframe more on the PS4 because its relaxing to play and i have no desire to sit in a chair 3cm away from my screen. I use my PC for FPS games where i enjoy sitting on a chair, 3cm away from my screen and the bonus of using a keyboard and mouse.

PREFERENCE.

I use my PC from my couch, because I know I can.

KNOWLEDGE.

"max" settings? does that also include graphic board settings?

Because, while the game does display some settings for you to pick, the real deal is the graphic board settings such as AA, AF, LOD, Mipmaps,....

The PS4 already has these programed and quite honestly i do not know these settings so it's hard to compare, all i can say is that if you try and max every single thing in the graphic board on pc, you will end up with a slow game, even on a monstrous rig and in the end you could not even perceive any extra quality

When i started warframe for the 1st time i had settings for another much older game, the result, less than 1 fps in warframe, once i made LOD, AF, Mipmaps to a regular/normal level, the game started to play well.

In the same way, i can increase the ingame settings but then decrease the settings on the graphic board, creating these "max" settings you speak of and making the game look like c***

Edited by KIREEKPSO

"max" settings? does that also include graphic board settings?

Because, while the game does display some settings for you to pick, the real deal is the graphic board settings such as AA, AF, LOD, Mipmaps,....

The PS4 already has these programed and quite honestly i do not know these settings so it's hard to compare, all i can say is that if you try and max every single thing in the graphic board on pc, you will end up with a slow game, even on a monstrous rig and in the end you could not even perceive any extra quality

When i started warframe for the 1st time i had settings for another much older game, the result, less than 1 fps in warframe, once i made LOD, AF, Mipmaps to a regular/normal level, the game started to play well.

In the same way, i can increase the ingame settings but then decrease the settings on the graphic board, creating these "max" settings you speak of and making the game look like c***

i usually set those settings to "let the program decide" or something like that.

do you think that´s what is happening.

You said you tried changing the brightness and contrast but i don't know if those actually worked.

When you look to them side by side, what exactly seems different?

yes, letting application decide on those things (AF, AA,...) is usually a good thing.

You said you tried changing the brightness and contrast but i don't know if those actually worked.

When you look to them side by side, what exactly seems different?

yes, letting application decide on those things (AF, AA,...) is usually a good thing.

they do what thet are suppoused to do, brightness makes everything bright (eye killer with loom on, i recommend you dont do that), and contrast makes everything darker, but makes the colors more easier to notice. if i increase contrast, i have to increase brightness to see.

still, not what i want. when i saw the PS4 gameplay (and i checked some PC gameplay that looked better, so it has something to do with my settings)

the warframes and everything looked "cleaner"

i could see more easily the details on the warframe and the enviroment.

PC version looks way better, in my opinion.

But I do play with APEX PhysX on. And pretty particles are nice eye candy.

Oh yeah, same here. And the monitor can be your problem. There are other settings in your pc to change the darkness/contrast and that stuff. I have a 720P OLED TV. Beautiful color, just wonderful! And the gameplay is amazing on my PC.

Out of curiosity have you tried adjusting your actual monitors display settings, rather than the in game contrast/brightness or your graphics panel stuff?

doing it right now. there are some options taht are called samsung magic angle/color/bright.

anybody with a samsung monitor know what they are? i lost my monitor manual

doing it right now. there are some options taht are called samsung magic angle/color/bright.

anybody with a samsung monitor know what they are? i lost my monitor manual

okay, that samsung magic option made the game look good. now i understand why people turn off bloom. i didn´t have problems with that option until now.