Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Design Contest Should Be Judged By Whole Community

HelioKnight

First let me start out by saying I am a member of the Design Council. Sometimes we get little sneek peeks of weapons and get to vote on ancient sound effects (it's as fun as it sounds, lol). Really, we don't have much to do.

But because you invited the whole community to participate in the Melee Design Contest, I don't believe we should be the only ones to vote on it. It's unfair to those who might be participating in the final voting but can't see design council posts. Also, founders packages have been retired so new users don't have a way to join the Design Council even if they wanted to. (for now)

Just my 2 cents, please tell me if you disagree. If you do agree spread the word to DE! I'd like the whole community to be involved in this awesome contest for your next 3 melee weapons.

HelioKnight

ExploitedTM.

Get your whole clan of 1000 man ( if you are in one ) behind you, and voila you win.

I never thought of this, it's a good point but I still think the whole Warframe community should be able to vote and not just the minority that decided to fork out $100 before the founders packages were retired. Plus it will be narrowed down to 7 and then 3 will be choosen. If someone gets the backing of their clan for an awesome weapon (I don't think they'd vote on it just to be like "Oh awesome yea that dude is in our clan!") then maybe that's not such a bad thing. FYI I'm not in a huge clan so I'm not trying to exploit anything I just think the everyone should be involved.

I worked hard on my entry and I know that if I wasn't in the DC I would be seriously disappointed about being left out of the voting process.

Edited by HelioKnight

I don't trust design council to vote for interesting weapon concepts. I hope you enjoy katanas and other long swords.

We have less say than people think. They give us three weapons that are already concepted to choose from and have a poll saying "Which one would you like first?" Yay, we get a Tenno sniper rifle first and then you'll release the rest later, good job design council! That's if we even get a say at all, we haven't had a real decision since Nova. Valkyr they asked about power suggestions and how to make her better which felt completely ignored (she still sucks!) and they didn't even bother to tell us about Oberon. They leak more to viewers of livestreams now then to the design council. Rant over.

I don't trust design council to vote for interesting weapon concepts.

Yeah, pretty much.

After the DC voted for a Warframe based on Antimatter, the name Nova and the name Carrier, I'm not exactly filled with hope when it comes to DC polls.

Most of it is "Oh, that looks cool. Vote".

It's gonna be all about the look, not the concept. Such a shame.

There were a lot of interesting concepts for new weapon types but I don't think that's what DE was looking for in the first place with this contest. It would be a ton of work for them to make new animations for a cool new sword/shield combo, or figure out how to implement floating energy sword wings. I think they wanted cool ideas for a new axe or sword that they can model, texture and throw in the game (mastery fodder anyone?). Heard they're overhauling melee though so I'm excited to see how they change it up and maybe they will add a new melee "type".

Yeah, pretty much.

After the DC voted for a Warframe based on Antimatter, the name Nova and the name Carrier, I'm not exactly filled with hope when it comes to DC polls.

Most of it is "Oh, that looks cool. Vote".

Yea DC doesn't do as much as you think. We got to choose the Carrier from several other sentinel choices, the names and powers were prechoosen and there was a poll. Majority wanted the Carrier that picks up item drops for you. Which honestly is my fav in the game so I don't think we did that badly. DE choose the name. Nova also was a poll from several names, but I wasn't there for that one, sorry lol.

If they made a contest just to get melee designs... then I have no hope for melee in Warframe.

I thought that DE was more looking for new interesting concepts, with new kind of weapons and everything.

If it's just about getting a new sword, some tonfa blades etc.

But yeah, I guess it all depends on what they submit to DC.

Edited by matto

Yea DC doesn't do as much as you think. We got to choose the Carrier from several other sentinel choices, the names and powers were prechoosen and there was a poll. Majority wanted the Carrier that picks up item drops for you. Which honestly is my fav in the game so I don't think we did that badly. DE choose the name. Nova also was a poll from several names, but I wasn't there for that one, sorry lol.

No. I know exactly how much the DC does.

The main problem is that DE needs to introduce a "None of the above" option to every poll.

Most of the votes were people voting for the sake of voting. We chose the 'least worse' option.

Lol I see that you're a grand master, wow I was not paying attention at all. You describe what we do in DC wonderfully, we get to choose the "least worst" option. I think what DE needs to do is listen to our feedback and drop the whole poll thing altogether. We're the design council not the "here are some screentshots of stuff you'll get in a few days and poll taking" council.

No. I know exactly how much the DC does.

The main problem is that DE needs to introduce a "None of the above" option to every poll.

Most of the votes were people voting for the sake of voting. We chose the 'least worse' option.