Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Design Contest Should Be Judged By Whole Community

HelioKnight

I have to admit, I love the sword and shield IDEA, but seeing as CURRENTLY, blocking isn't even a viable form of gameplay, I think that a lot of its utility would be lost if it were implemented now. That's just my two cents though. After all, for all I know once melee 2.0 comes out blocking could be amazing and having a shield will be the best thing since sliced bread. *shrugs* In the end all we're doing in this thread is arguing opinions and conjecture. None of us will know how unique or not, or how awesome or not, any of the suggested weapons are until they get implemented and melee 2.0 is released and bug-fixed.

let me make that sentence right here....

".... most boring unispired choices, in my opinion"

What you like/dislike isnt the benchmark for exciting/boring.

Yeah, the psi jitte and the sparrows would have been way cooler(in my opinion),

but that doesnt mean that the other choices arent worth it. Besides that.

Who says that DE wont bring up the other ideas later?

I understand your point of view, but please, being against something that isnt even released yet is just wrong in every possible way...

Except I've been right that DC will make the worst vote everytime. You just have to look at the choices and whatever a 12 year old boy would choose, that's what wins. BIG SPLOODY BOOM FRAME! DEATH FRAME! And now it's just stereotypical boring 'ninja' weapons with no interesting mechanics besides the shield in a game where blocking is currently worthless.

Could someone explain to me why a sword and shield (A concept never touched on before in Warframe) is a boring and uninspired idea? I legitimately think that it'll add something new, fresh and interesting to the game.

The Pile Bunker on the other hand is really, just another fist weapon. Sure, a flashy and interesting one, but a fist weapon nonetheless.

And the tonfas are just another dual wield blade weapon, and the mios is just another whip. The sword and whield is the only relatively, i say relavitely because it's still a boring &#! sword and shield, innovative one, and unless melee 2.0 makes blocking usefull it's pointless.

Ever tried blocking?

Ever heard of melee 2.0? Specifically the bit about blocking? Go check it out.

Honestly I'm kinda shocked they would allow us to vote on the weapons at all. Trusting any gaming community (or subset thereof) to make a good decision on what goes into the game strikes me freakishly unwise. Not to mention that being able to throw Master/Grandmaster amounts of money does not necessarily correlate to intelligence.

Ever heard of melee 2.0? Specifically the bit about blocking? Go check it out.

Honestly I'm kinda shocked they would allow us to vote on the weapons at all. Trusting any gaming community (or subset thereof) to make a good decision on what goes into the game strikes me freakishly unwise. Not to mention that being able to throw Master/Grandmaster amounts of money does not necessarily correlate to intelligence.

Remember the glorious savoir damage 2.0 was supposed to be? Melee 2.0 has hardly been talked about let alone shown. Saying, it'll be good in melee 2.0 is impossible to know.

I just think it's funny that people honestly believe that the DC is a group of idiots. If you honestly believe that if EVERYONE was a part of the DC, that frames like Nova and Nekros wouldn't have been disasters, then you're a fool, sorry. There is enough Masters/Grand Masters to give us a fairly balanced demographic imo. 

This is just another case of people on the outside looking and thinking they could/would do better.

Remember the glorious savoir damage 2.0 was supposed to be? Melee 2.0 has hardly been talked about let alone shown. Saying, it'll be good in melee 2.0 is impossible to know.

At what point did I say that blocking would be good? I simply suggested that you check out what has been said about Melee 2.0, in the livestreams and so forth. 

I'm now glad that all of the chosen weapons somehow differ from the generic melee weapon though the sad part is the DC again is the only ones to be able to vote. I personally wouldn't mind it otherwise but we get so much flak afterwards from people who know more or less about the stuff we actually are involved in and with more or less valid points. I hated it when people outside DC pretended to know about everything in creation of Nova and what we got to choose about her when most of the claims were simply untrue and I fear this will be round two again.

EDIT: What comes to the concept of shield and sword. I don't know, it could be interesting. It highly depends how the move set for the offensive melee will be done, will it use the shield in it too and how the blocking will turn out in Melee 2.0. I think it is unfair to lay further judgement on that matter until we see how it actually turns out to be and then we can re-valuate whether or not that concept will work.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Except I've been right that DC will make the worst vote everytime. You just have to look at the choices and whatever a 12 year old boy would choose, that's what wins. BIG SPLOODY BOOM FRAME! DEATH FRAME! And now it's just stereotypical boring 'ninja' weapons with no interesting mechanics besides the shield in a game where blocking is currently worthless.

Except the DC first suggested possible themes, then DC voted on pre-picked ones and based from pre-picked ones and pre-picked abilities with poor descriptions, DE delivered. DC did not know DE had a plan of making them all supposedly and we only though Nova was the only one to make it into the game but here we are, 3 most popular ones already are in the game. Don't pretend to know about stuff you know nothing about really. It is so easy and cheap to blame others when you have no responsibility whatsoever yourself and you have no clue how the things are really done in DC because of course DC is just a bunch of little kids, retards and idiots.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Except the sword and shield, rope dagger, and tonfas are 3 of the most boring / uninspired choices. But it wouldn't be a DC vote if the winner wasn't the worst choice possible.

You don't like an Ether Sword/Shield combo? That's awesome, IMO. A SHIELD. Don't say it is out of theme because we are ninjas, and please take a look at the ninja rocket launcher, ninja antimatter, and ninja grenade launchers.

Edited by AlchemistMute

You don't like an Ether Sword/Shield combo? That's awesome. A SHIELD. Don't say it is out of theme because we are ninjas, and please take a look at the ninja rocket launcher, ninja antimatter, and ninja grenade launchers.

Ah, don't worry. Mr Sparce is operating on the idea that his opinions on what is exciting and inspired trump everyone else's, which isn't the case. Personally I voted for both the Sword/Shield and the Tonfas, because my ultimately subjective opinion is that they are Awesomesauce. He may disagree, and he's welcome to. I just hope he doesn't try to present his opinion as a truth :)

We're going to have the boring katanas and longswords, not that mini-dogbot, or the harp, or the rocket-propelled hammer. You can clearly see it in the upvotes; those Dual Tonfa things are basically just Dual Kamas with cool animations, and yet it has like a couple hundred upvotes.

a rocket propelled  hammer O: that sounds awesome why would anyone choose dual tonfas or whatever over THAT!

a rocket propelled  hammer O: that sounds awesome why would anyone choose dual tonfas or whatever over THAT!

I would choose the dual tonfas rather than the hammer. Why? Because said hammer is Grineer in orgin and i dislike grineer weapons. Also like blades more than blunt weapons which is another reason. I did not vote for the dual tonfas though. Instead i cast my vote on the Tenno Sword & Board and Tenno Twin Sparrows.

I just think it's funny that people honestly believe that the DC is a group of idiots. If you honestly believe that if EVERYONE was a part of the DC, that frames like Nova and Nekros wouldn't have been disasters, then you're a fool, sorry. There is enough Masters/Grand Masters to give us a fairly balanced demographic imo. 

This is just another case of people on the outside looking and thinking they could/would do better.

I'm surprised people haven't toned down the DC hate due to the fact that they'll be letting in people every month from now on. Based on content rather than quantity, something I advocated from the very start. Furthermore, it's the ideal vote platform since dedicated players can only vote and nobody can make tons of accounts and throw votes on their choice. I.O its harder to abuse. For what it's worth. I was against Nova and the lame name from the beginning to the end. And still am.

What I kinda like about large online games is that eventually the designs will become even more ridiculous as time goes on.

It's like the Pokemon syndrome.

When you've made 50 different rodents eventually you make an ice cream Pokemon just for giggles.

Personally I'd like a guitar melee weapon... that shoots missiles.

But from the tidbits I've heard the sword and shield might be something good if blocking is reworked to be something useful in Melee 2.0 if it can block absolutely everything.

Wonder when we end up going to the ''design deep end''.

It would be nice imo if the whole community got to weigh in on the weapons, but as mentioned that opens up a lot of room for exploits, i.e. a whole clan voting for their members' design. Other than that all I'm hearing is "I can't believe these idiots like what I don't like." Grow up.

What I kinda like about large online games is that eventually the designs will become even more ridiculous as time goes on.

It's like the Pokemon syndrome.

When you've made 50 different rodents eventually you make an ice cream Pokemon just for giggles.

Personally I'd like a guitar melee weapon... that shoots missiles.

But from the tidbits I've heard the sword and shield might be something good if blocking is reworked to be something useful in Melee 2.0 if it can block absolutely everything.

Wonder when we end up going to the ''design deep end''.

YOUUUUUU :O