Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Says 'yes' To A Pistol Mod That Boost A Stat And Degrading Fire Rate?

Nama_Sui_Seijin

Use ammo mutation and pump the fire rate to the max

meh, don't feel like it. its just S#&$ man to get wraith twin vipers.. and then to realise they are still as S#&$ty as twin vipers when it comes to too many reloads and ammo leeching...... YUK!!!  I want that speed slower of them pistols with a nice extra + when modded. 

meh, don't feel like it. its just S#&$ man to get wraith twin vipers.. and then to realise they are still as S#&$ty as twin vipers when it comes to too many reloads and ammo leeching...... YUK!!!  I want that speed slower of them pistols with a nice extra + when modded. 

Try a pistol with slower fire rate than instead of trying to completely change Twin Viper Wraith.

they are still as S#&$ty as twin vipers when it comes to too many reloads and ammo leeching...... YUK!!!  I want that speed slower of them pistols with a nice extra + when modded. 

Sounds like the vipers aren't your kind of pistol. Try the Twin Gremlins or AFuris. They have a slower firing rate.

I was thinking the same thing! not because of TWV's, I was thinking about it a week or so ago, because its really not fair that rifles get so many more corrupted mods than pistols

you're not going to make the TWV's usable by decreasing the fire rate, but there are some other pistols that will benefit greatly from a decrease in fire rate. I'm not one of those people who binds fire to the mouse wheel, so I don't fully utilize high fire rate, non-automatic weapons. one great example are the revolver-style pistols, vasto lex and magnus. I prefer the magnus, but they all have similar stats, but with a different main physical damage type (slashing, puncture, and impact, respectively). they also have fairly significant recoil, so without steady hands (who would use that, anyway?), your shots would go all over the place if you actually fired at their peak rate. so I usually line up my shots and only fire rapidly when there's a massive crowd or I'm in the zone and can compensate for the recoil on a few quick headshots

but the point is I don't need a high fire rate for what I'm doing with the weapon, decreasing the fire rate for a boost in crit damage, crit rate, status proc, or damage would be great for magnus, and good for lex and vasto as well

A mod for the sake of very few weapons seems relatively silly. If you can't handle the fire rate don't use the gun plain and simple.

what about firestorm? and the multitude of mods that you just don't use because they're bad. this would be situationally useful, at least. probably not for twin vipers, but still

People need to realize that sidearms are sidearms not primary weapons you don't go into a fight with a pistol because the pistol is not your primary weapon. Secondary weapons exist as SECONDARY WEAPONS. Furthermore with the proper mods you can improve the Wipers ammo economy it's ROF and impact damage make it perfect for taking down grineer and the grineer are very large in stature so even with it's high fire rate if you use the weapon properly you won't miss.

Firestorm encompasses 3 weapons (Penta, Ogris, and Ignis) and provides a buff to those and the buff reflects the unique play style of launchers just like the glaive/kestrel exclusive mods. Creating a mod that could be used on all pistols and lowers the fire rate is silly unless it was a corrupted mod. Frankly, nobody would be having this conversation if it wasn't for the Wipers and it seems silly considering that this is likely the only weapon I would use such a mod on and I rather like the ROF anyway.

I just think it's silly people want a mod because of a weapon that fulfills it's purpose well. I use a maxed lethal torrent, gunslinger, and steady hands and it is just fine I can pump a full clip into a sucker in less than a second. Think about it, that's what the weapon is supposed to do in the first place!

I just think it's silly people want a mod because of a weapon that fulfills it's purpose well. I use a maxed lethal torrent, gunslinger, and steady hands and it is just fine I can pump a full clip into a sucker in less than a second. Think about it, that's what the weapon is supposed to do in the first place!

it's not silly, a mod system is here to give us diversity in all kinds of different builds.

So, you're against diversity ?

Ammo mutation is good but there is at least one, though can't remember if there was only one for rifles. In that case then yes, I could go with that. That being said, it has to be balanced well with those attributes and Lethal Torrent will be your enemy if you don't like higher fire rate and prefer lower for more control.

I was thinking the same thing! not because of TWV's, I was thinking about it a week or so ago, because its really not fair that rifles get so many more corrupted mods than pistols

you're not going to make the TWV's usable by decreasing the fire rate, but there are some other pistols that will benefit greatly from a decrease in fire rate. I'm not one of those people who binds fire to the mouse wheel, so I don't fully utilize high fire rate, non-automatic weapons. one great example are the revolver-style pistols, vasto lex and magnus. I prefer the magnus, but they all have similar stats, but with a different main physical damage type (slashing, puncture, and impact, respectively). they also have fairly significant recoil, so without steady hands (who would use that, anyway?), your shots would go all over the place if you actually fired at their peak rate. so I usually line up my shots and only fire rapidly when there's a massive crowd or I'm in the zone and can compensate for the recoil on a few quick headshots

but the point is I don't need a high fire rate for what I'm doing with the weapon, decreasing the fire rate for a boost in crit damage, crit rate, status proc, or damage would be great for magnus, and good for lex and vasto as well

I would use Steady Hands.