Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Definition Of Master Race

.solitus

Loki... Then why every time I go into high level mission like OD defense the usual customer is Rhino with Soma, Galatine and a secondary of some description, often useless and taken just to show off?

Radial disarm... Thing is, high-level enemies are often better off shooting. Cause melee damage scaling is insane while their weapons stay crappy.

if you're getting hit after using radial disarm, you are not doing it right lol, not as Loki anyways

Because Loki is just generally good. While he doesn't really blow any other frame out of the water - he is always helpful. His skills are fantastic.

And this has never changed. He's been one of the most consistently good Warframes in the game. He's never needed big tweaks to make him viable.

I can agree to this. His skills are quite useful in many situations and, when not used by someone insistent on ruining other players experiences, is a welcomed ally.

Having said that, those skills had no chance of stopping me from dropping him like a rotten apple as soon as I got my second frame: Trinity. Personal preference, of course.

It's because Loki is the fastest frame, so speedrunners can skip the content of the map and just do the mission and leave, and let their teammates do all the work.

What work? Usually i am one that captures targets, destroys generators and those machines, collects datamasses and brings them to the computer, while using Loki. Rest of puggers just take their time and kill mobs in alerts. They dont do anything useful, just take time. Why would you kill mobs in capture or deception missions with rewards is beyond me.

Just go in, do what needs to be done and get out.

Edited by RoboDog

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought the the Loki master race thing was a wordplay on the double meaning of "race" :

- master race because he is maybe the most difficult frame to master, but always show good results when you master it, creating a "master race" of player who master loki.

- but also master (of the) race, because it's the fastest frame.

Either way, it's getting old.

The saying "Master Race" and referring to Loki is not getting old but I believe too many people are saying it without actually unlocking that master race potential on Loki instead just go invis. The saying also started awhile back when a clan, which consisted of only main Loki players, were recruiting people who had a passion and saw Loki for how good he is. Now many people just jump on the bandwagon without knowing proper usage and placement of his skills besides invis.

Decoy, when placed in good spots, can make range enemies stop moving and just look at the decoy or run around in circles or can make melee confused and only allow three at a time to attack the decoy while a line waits behind those three to get a smack in (instead of moving on to a different target if they cannot reach it after a certain amount of time)

Invisibility allows almost all tiers of melee weapons to be good and makes those god tier melee weapons to the point that you will get tired of playing before you are unable to one-three hit all enemies( Galatine, Orthos Prime). Also allows you to jump into a crowd to use Radial Disarm for maximum effect. Save a downed ally that others may not be able to reach. Is one of the best offensive and defensive skill.   

Switch Teleport allows for a good use of ogris and snipers and be relatively safe, quicker means of travel,, helping allies that are over crowded with enemies, confusing a boss for half a second, and helping allies who are glitched become unstuck.

Radial Disarm is one of the best Ultimates out there for High Tier enemies (late game), better CC than Vauban. Makes all enemies who use a range weapon to instantly drop or switch to their melee weapon after roughly half a second stun meaning your entire team can easily out maneuver them and kill them. This skill can save everyone and make killing so much easier because no more napalms, or techs unloading on you also no more shields for those constant knock you down guys and it also disarms leapers ability to knock you down( removes their arms). Late game you see how incredible this is?

He is the fastest frame in the game allowing his skills to be used alot more. I like to tell my team to stay in a room for Survival so more enemies come to them and we get more resources closer and O2 while I go invis, use my speed and activate any capsules when its required to be used. Sure he has low Hp and shields but to master him requires you to understand you dont do direct damage and instead should use positioning to its fullest advantage with your invis. Loki's can still achieve most damage, most kills, and least damage taken just with some little thinking and better understanding on how the Frame works. He truly has the highest pay off compared to ANY frame currently in the game.

because all of his abilities scale.

So no matter what level of mobs he versus against, his abilities are useful. 

Also, Loki is a starter frame, most players likely pick loki for his "advance player" advertise, but he is not noob friendly, since he die pretty easily if players don't know how to use him. 

DE, why did you added loki as starter frame and then advertise him as "for advance player" ? That doesn't make sense for me. 

Yes god please Loki Prime im like just craving that :3. When I first started playing I picked Loki because I liked his abilities and looks/I like Norse Mythology Loki. I played with friends and hated him so much because they out dps me on everything and i died too much :( but now im a fan of this incredibly well designed warframe.

<3 for the Master Race!! Long live the Loki!

Loki is pretty much the only frame with 4 abilities that work the same way regardless of what you are doing.

IIRC there was one member here who coined the term, and was Loki's most vehement supporter.

At the time of the phrase being coined Loki was the only starter frame that was really viable for high level play.

Also Loki is the only frame named after a God.

This is back when Loki invis made you immune to damage and ppl ran around thinking they were godlike

now that its been adjusted everyone who has played both will tell you Ash is the better invis frame... only thing Loki has is radial, but good luck against Toxic Ancients with that

Loki Invis> Ash Smoke Bomb