Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnum Force

DeltaF0rce

Indeed. I expected all corrupted mods to have stronger buffs than the basics, but with debuffs, like how the duel stats are slightly weaker, but give another stat (it just makes sense).

But no, the corrupted mods do LESS than the originals, and debuff at the same time.... their totally not worth the effort.

Corrupted mods don't need to be any more powerful than their standard counterparts (in terms of benefits), because the entire purpose is the ability to stack those mods alongside the normal ones.

The corrupted are weaker than duel stats.....

The corrupted NEED to be stronger than the originals to actually be viable. Stacking means nothing if the effect is insanely weak.

I'm pretty sure I understand the idea behind the corrupted mods.  These mods are not supposed to be "Serration Volume 2:  Now completely compatible with Regular Serration for Uber Godly Damage Killing Everything laughatthepoorn00bswhosuckatlife".

These mods are for tweaking specialized builds.  DE already stated, IIRC, that one of the hard things about balancing the game was predicting where the end game players would sit in terms of individual power.  The creativity of a million players working together to beat the numbers game has resulted in some very powerful weapon builds.  There's a lesson in this.  You can amp things up too much.  

Veteran players who have made it to the end game have posted here about "how easy the game is" and "how there is no difficulty to anything".  Ugh... just typing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Simply adding "More Bigger Damage" only exacerbates the problem of achieving careful game balance.

DE doesn't want, (I don't think) anyone to carry "the" weapon that obliterates everything in the game in only a bullet or two.  The veteran players favorite weapons' often already come quite close to that.  Ask how many people swear by their Ignis, Supra, or the much vaunted Soma.  I'm not a top tier player, so I can't say what weapons are truly killer at the end game.  Jupiter is whipping me savagely... well, it was, until I built Loki.  Invisibility and the Master Race FTW.

I can handle level 20 to 30 enemies now... mostly.  Really want that Orthos Prime, and Dual Kamas.  Stupid Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells.  never have enough of those accursed things.

I'm pretty sure I understand the idea behind the corrupted mods.  These mods are not supposed to be "Serration Volume 2:  Now completely compatible with Regular Serration for Uber Godly Damage Killing Everything laughatthepoorn00bswhosuckatlife".

These mods are for tweaking specialized builds.  DE already stated, IIRC, that one of the hard things about balancing the game was predicting where the end game players would sit in terms of individual power.  The creativity of a million players working together to beat the numbers game has resulted in some very powerful weapon builds.  There's a lesson in this.  You can amp things up too much.  

Veteran players who have made it to the end game have posted here about "how easy the game is" and "how there is no difficulty to anything".  Ugh... just typing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Simply adding "More Bigger Damage" only exacerbates the problem of achieving careful game balance.

DE doesn't want, (I don't think) anyone to carry "the" weapon that obliterates everything in the game in only a bullet or two.  The veteran players favorite weapons' often already come quite close to that.  Ask how many people swear by their Ignis, Supra, or the much vaunted Soma.  I'm not a top tier player, so I can't say what weapons are truly killer at the end game.  Jupiter is whipping me savagely... well, it was, until I built Loki.  Invisibility and the Master Race FTW.

*obligatory remark about Nova 1-shotting entire rooms*

Anway... The problem is more that secondaries already have ridiculous potential stat growth thanks to Lethal Torrent, and Hornet Strike/Barrel Diffusion offering bigger gains than their AR/Shotgun counterparts. As such, you /can't/ make Magnum Force any stronger than it is already.

Please go, along with your stupidity.

if u have nothing intelligent to say its better to say nothing

What if i told you that a +90% Elemental still scales better?

elemental+ magnum force is everytime better as only singel ellemental

why waste money maxing it?  adding another 90% elemental is an easier solution.  the loss in accuracy is not worth it.

easier is not everytime better. 60% more base dmg is a BIG gain

and the - accuracy is on some guns rly cool (bronco prime)